Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Oct 15, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #2,701 of 3,643
  Looks like Audio-Technica has some new lines coming out and they look legit 
gs1000.gif

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/139156-ditching-the-dac-audio-technica-dsr9bt-bluetooth-headphones-go-all-digital-with-pure-digital-drive-tech

Now we just need more phones with aptx HD.

Looks promising, I like the larger driver idea, but they are going to be expensive it seems. I also don't think we can hear any distortion from DACs so the whole direct digital I think is marketing more than an audiophile need. We can measure DAC distortion, but it is inaudible based on everything I have read and experienced. Ultimately the most important thing all things being relatively equal is the voicing of the headphone and how well cabinet resonance is handled. I would pay extra for really good cabinet design more so than I would pay for something like Direct Digital.

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #2,702 of 3,643
Hello, can someone compare the Bowers & Wilkins P7 wireless and Bang & Olufsen H7 wireless? I'm serious considering those 2, but not having much success finding those 2 even mentioned together. Kind of odd tbh considering they are literally top of the line BT headphones along with momentum 2 wireless.

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #2,703 of 3,643
Hello, can someone compare the Bowers & Wilkins P7 wireless and Bang & Olufsen H7 wireless? I'm serious considering those 2, but not having much success finding those 2 even mentioned together. Kind of odd tbh considering they are literally top of the line BT headphones along with momentum 2 wireless.

I found the H7 to be more comfortable as they're Over Ear compared to the P7 being On Ear, although in that respect the P7's are more portable due to their smaller size and they are still pretty comfy for On Ear.

The H7's have a more neutral sound while the P7's have more of a "fun" sound with a more pronounced bass. The H7's seem to have marginally better detail and staging but there's not much in it.

They are both very nicely built using upmarket materials but looks wise I'd probably give it to the H7's as the P7's look a bit odd on the head, probably due to their very small rectangular size.

If I were to choose one of the two I'd go with the P7's as the H7's lack a little bass imo and I prefer the richer more full bodied sound of the P7's.

I think you should seriously consider the Onkyo H500BT though! They have a similar sound to the P7's but with better detail and staging, and the bass although similar in quantity has a much better quality to it. There's also I lovely warmth to them giving vocals a beautiful richness and realism.

The Onkyo's may not feel as good in the hand as the other too but they're far from feeling 'cheap' and imo they look just as good on the head!

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #2,705 of 3,643
I think that the AKG K845BT has all that , and it was rated #8 of the 39 headphones that @giogio compiled in the first post of this thread.

Full disclosure....I have a pair for sale, since I have five other BT headphones! sale

But many Bluetooth headphone will meet your criteria. Again, look at the compilation at the start of this thread.

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #2,707 of 3,643

I think you are confusing the P5 which is on-ear with the P7 over-ear. I just now purchased the P7 wireless to have another sound signature available for wireless portable. My quick impression is that the H500BT really does hold it's own even against the P7. The P7 is also just big enough for my ears which are moderate size so I suspect large eared people might not have as good a time with them.

Anyway, over the next week or so I'll try to compare against the ONKYO and post some impressions. For sure the bass is more prominent with the P7 (mid-bass anyway); however, the H500BT I believe is the better controlled bass headphone based on some short time with the P7.

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #2,708 of 3,643
My apologies!....Thanks for the correction Sonic!

I wasn't even aware that B&W had bought out a wireless version of the P7's hence the confusion. At the time I tried the P5 wireless they were the only ones available, the P7 Wireless definitely look more appealing and I'd be really interested to hear your comparisons with the Onkyo's Sonic?

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #2,709 of 3,643
My apologies!....Thanks for the correction Sonic!

I wasn't even aware that B&W had bought out a wireless version of the P7's hence the confusion. At the time I tried the P5 wireless they were the only ones available, the P7 Wireless definitely look more appealing and I'd be really interested to hear your comparisons with the Onkyo's Sonic?

Will do, the P7 is charging now so I hope to at least get a little time today with them. Cheers.

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #2,710 of 3,643
Does anyone know if the earcups are the same size for M2 and M2 AEBT?!?!

I had the AEBT prior but returned them due to the ANC being too much and now have the M2's but they look and feel slightly smaller. Is this just me, or?? 

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #2,711 of 3,643
I think you should seriously consider the Onkyo H500BT though! They have a similar sound to the P7's but with better detail and staging, and the bass although similar in quantity has a much better quality to it. There's also I lovely warmth to them giving vocals a beautiful richness and realism.

The Onkyo's may not feel as good in the hand as the other too but they're far from feeling 'cheap' and imo they look just as good on the head!

Onkyo H500BT has to be imported from japan, right? Any warranty support?

Aren't they also on-ear?

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #2,712 of 3,643
Does anyone know if the earcups are the same size for M2 and M2 AEBT?!?!

I had the AEBT prior but returned them due to the ANC being too much and now have the M2's but they look and feel slightly smaller. Is this just me, or?? 

There is also an on-ear version of m2w.

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #2,713 of 3,643
Onkyo H500BT has to be imported from japan, right? Any warranty support?

Aren't they also on-ear?

My apologies, I was getting the P7's confused with the P5's which are On Ear and why I thought you might be interested in the Onkyo's which are also On Ear.

Here in the UK the Onkyo's are readily available and quite a low price but it sounds like they're not as easy to get hold of in the states, and quite a bit more expensive it seems!

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #2,714 of 3,643
My apologies, I was getting the P7's confused with the P5's which are On Ear and why I thought you might be interested in the Onkyo's which are also On Ear.

Here in the UK the Onkyo's are readily available and quite a low price but it sounds like they're not as easy to get hold of in the states, and quite a bit more expensive it seems!

No problem, I read your previous post!

Onkyo's have to be imported from Japan to USA I guess and no amazon prime support, I won't risk it with no warranty support. Besides, it is also on-ear. I prefer around-ear!

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #2,715 of 3,643
Quite enjoying the P7 so far. One thing it clearly wins in as compared with the H7 and the H500BT is in power. It gets pretty darn loud which I really appreciate. It seems to hold the sound together very well at high volume which is good and not always the case. For instance, the Sony MDR 1A was an enjoyable headphone that once turned up quite loud started to sound rather strained and edgy. So far the P7 is taking some pounding EDM like a champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back