Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Sep 11, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #2,596 of 3,643

Also wondering if anyone know what happened gio if hes alright .

We have all wondered this and it is most likely that he is fine. Based on past experience another member here suspects he just got his nickers in a knot and has decided to no longer participate in the community. Who knows, but we all continue to hope that he is well, and in case he is reading this thread still, Giogio, if you got that mad over some really small things I say get over it and move on, come back and enjoy the community.

Sep 11, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #2,597 of 3,643
Do you like the M2? If so, what would you like different, and would one of the other choices offer a known to be better mic experience? The Sony is likely to sound very nice, but the M2 I'm sure will hold it's own. I personally don't buy into that LDAC hype as I don't think in blind listening tests anybody can really hear the difference (sorry for mentioning blind listening, but I needed to give context). When is the Sony supposed to be released? If you are in doubt return the M2 as you can always buy it again after the Sony is released and compare them.

LDAC only matters if you have a transmitter for it, which is mostly on sony phones and products. I don't have that so not very relevant to me. MDR1000x will also support aptx.
One thing is I'm not sure if any BT adapter would work with sony headphone. I got sennheiser btd800. I guess I could buy it again in 1 month.

One thing I like about m2w is 2yr warranty. Sony only gives 1yr warranty.

Sep 12, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #2,598 of 3,643
I'm curious about the 1000x too, except they say it uses the same driver as the mdr 1a, which I thought had bloated bass.
Most reviews so far indicate the noise cancelling on the new Sony is on par, or a little better than the Bose 35

Sep 12, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #2,599 of 3,643
I'm curious about the 1000x too, except they say it uses the same driver as the mdr 1a, which I thought had bloated bass.

The bluetooth version of the 1a (which is what's relevant here) doesn't have bloated bass - only the passive version does.  The 1ABT got the low-end balance just about right IMHO and is definitely not a basshead headphone unlike its analog sibling.

By the way, Sony has progressively improved the bass response in this particular line of headphones with each subsequent release from the original 1RBT to 1RBT MK2 to 1ABT - each time the bass response has arguably been the biggest single improvement to the sound.  I don't know whether this trend will continue with 1000x but it's unlikely that it will sound worse.

This is not to say that the 1ABT bass is perfect - there are headphones with a tighter and faster low-end but the overall signature is very enjoyable

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #2,600 of 3,643
To be honest, after 5 days of usage, the momentum 2 wireless are comfortable but my ears get pushed in a bit. Gets bit uncomfortable with slightly above average ear size. Sound is just awesome..

Sep 16, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #2,601 of 3,643
Hi all!

Been reading up around the forums lately as I'm in the market for a decent set of BT headphones with an inbuilt mic. I have more or less narrowed it down to the following:

MEE Audio AirFi Matrix2
Ausdom M08
Skullcandy Grind
Avantree Audition/Pro
Jabra Move

I have a HD598 at home and I will mostly be using this at work for music/calls so I'm not really expecting great things but for under $100 my criteria are these:
- Decent battery life > 20 hours
- Prefer a relatively flat, if not slightly V-shaped sound signature, not a basshead so much, but I'm not fussy
- AptX not necessary, but would be nice
- Comfort is a big win obviously
- ANC, nice but not a necessity
- Inbuilt mic

I have read a ton and honestly at this point I am quite certain on the Matrix2 + some velour pads, however I'm still undecided and hope I can get some help from you guys :) many thanks in advance!

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #2,602 of 3,643
The bluetooth version of the 1a (which is what's relevant here) doesn't have bloated bass - only the passive version does.  The 1ABT got the low-end balance just about right IMHO and is definitely not a basshead headphone unlike its analog sibling.

By the way, Sony has progressively improved the bass response in this particular line of headphones with each subsequent release from the original 1RBT to 1RBT MK2 to 1ABT - each time the bass response has arguably been the biggest single improvement to the sound.  I don't know whether this trend will continue with 1000x but it's unlikely that it will sound worse.

This is not to say that the 1ABT bass is perfect - there are headphones with a tighter and faster low-end but the overall signature is very enjoyable
I pretty much agree with all of that, except I don't think they used the 1a drivers in the 1abt AFAIK.

Sep 18, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #2,607 of 3,643
I own a pair of backbeat pro's and I really like the sound. I like the fun sound and they do not have too much bass for me.. They are probably my favorite headphones I've owned. Not bad for what they cost.
Please recommend a pair of wired headphones that would be an nice upgrade to the BBP. I've owned Q701's and a few different amps, but the sound was boring to me. I mostly listen to rock. Budget is about $200. I thought about the DT990 250ohm. Any other suggestions? I'm not partial to closed or open, but it needs to have minimal clamping and needs to go around my ears. Comfort is a big factor and I have a big head.

---

Also, would you guys/ girls know which Smartphone has the best dac / amp?

Sep 18, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #2,608 of 3,643
I own a pair of backbeat pro's and I really like the sound. I like the fun sound and they do not have too much bass for me.. They are probably my favorite headphones I've owned. Not bad for what they cost.
Please recommend a pair of wired headphones that would be an nice upgrade to the BBP. I've owned Q701's and a few different amps, but the sound was boring to me. I mostly listen to rock. Budget is about $200. I thought about the DT990 250ohm. Any other suggestions? I'm not partial to closed or open, but it needs to have minimal clamping and needs to go around my ears. Comfort is a big factor and I have a big head.

---

Also, would you guys/ girls know which Smartphone has the best dac / amp?

I say DT880 250ohms (premium sounds slightly better than the pro but both are awesome). I own the classic version of it from the 90s. They sound awesome and very balanced. Very comfortable velour too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back