Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
May 13, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #2,431 of 3,643
I decided to get the Backbeat Pros due to concerns over the glue on the M2BTs. So far I have mixed feelings on them. In terms of features and also the sound quality, I love them. But they just feel a little heavy and uncomfortable so far. I also get the same cutouts that I got on the VModa CFW in the same areas, so I guess this was not an issue specific to the CFW.

Going to try these out a little longer but might exchange them for M2BT or CFW again if I cant get passed the comfort issue. Also going to give up on bluetooth mode for my commute and use wired mode for that, to avoid the cutouts (but I still want the bluetooth to use at my work desk and at home).

Are the M2BT good in wired mode? Thanks for all the advice so far.

That's what I'm afraid of - I should be getting my repaired Momentum 2 back today and I don't know whether Sennheiser fixed anything. Spending the last week with wired IEMs shows me why I hate using wires. Even when I would run the wire under my shirt, it still managed to feel uncomfortable. For my commute, the cord has gotten tangled up in someone or something.

With summer coming, IEMs make a little more sense, so maybe I need to look for active BT IEMs. But then it's another gamble whether or not they work well with my phone and outdoor environments. And I know the sound won't be as full as wearing an over-ear pair.

May 13, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #2,433 of 3,643

One of Giogio's minions here...

I'm just going to make a comment on the last part of your post because it seems you are still at the point of whether to get into BT or not. You have to start somewhere. I'll let others suggest specific BT headphones after you make that first step.

I have 10 pairs of what would be considered high-end/popular BT headphones that I like/love for various reasons. They all provide a wonderful listening experience.

I just purchased what I consider my one-and-only high-end cabled headphone just to have at least one of the big boys:  Hifiman Edition X. I've been listening to them for 3 days now. They have SQ features not present in any of the BT headphones--mainly to do with their sound stage. They sound like you're listening to high-end HiFi stereo room speakers--in a room, not from speakers attached to your ears. But you don't have to find the "sweet spot" because it stays right with you wherever you are--which isn't far because of the cables!

I hate the cables. I love the sound. But the differences between these and ALL of my BT headphones are SO subtle that I now can firmly state that, for me, BT headphones are absolutely worthy of consideration if you want true Hi Fidelity sound from a headphone. The notion that they can not compete with the big name cabled war horses is pure B___ S___ . Yes, for $500 - $3,000+++ you're going to get improvements, and if you have the money...go for it. But if you're going to spend countless hours picking out the subtle little improvements over a good pair of BT's, then you're completely missing the music.

Did I mention that I hate the cables?

I, too, very much prefer to lose the cables when I am out-and-about, and am very willing to tolerate the lower sound quality of BT headphones for that advantage. But I disagree that the sound quality differences between BT and cabled headphones are "subtle." I have listened to plenty of sub-$100 cabled headphones (Grado SR80e, Sony 7506, Sennheiser HD580) that sound much better than my $400 BT headphones (B&W P5 wireless). 

If my 53-year old ears can so clearly hear the difference, it is surely not subtle.

May 13, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #2,435 of 3,643
1whyseman, you've engaged in a classic "red herring" fallacy by rebutting an argument that I was not making in the first place.

For you, BT headphones "are absolutely worthy of consideration." I wouldn't argue with that, since it is your subjective judgment and hence beyond argument. And, for what it's worth, I share that judgment!

I am arguing with your use of the word "subtle" to describe the differences in sound quality between BT and cabled headphones. Though there is a subjective element to such descriptions, my ears suggest that the differences between BT and corded headphones are not subtle, but are rather very obvious.

We do agree on one thing: a hatred of cables. In fact, sometimes at home, lying on the sofa, I use my BT headphones even though my (much better sounding) cabled headphones would be almost as convenient. BT is just that much easier.

May 13, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #2,436 of 3,643

hello Giogo, like many things, audio can be very divisive as everything is subjective but, reading reviews certain models bubble to the top and have a general consensus of being worthy of consideration. I was looking for the models that have that consensus and help me consider whether I want to get a pair of Bluetooth headphones.   

So, should Friendly get a pair of Bluetooth heaphones or not? I vote yes.

I consider myself lucky to have so many great options available to me. Now somebody else can tell Friendly what they should get. 
wink_face.gif

May 15, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #2,437 of 3,643
Just got a Marshall Major BT headphone.
Sound is great. I can really feel the bass.

I have not thoroughly used it. Just tried it on iPhone6
for some music. Aside from a lag in the music playback from my initial connection. I have not encountered any issues so far.

For the Android. I just have one question, Giogio. When I tried to change the volume, it seems like the volume level of the HP is changing but not my phone's. It seems they are 2 independent volumes.

Thanks for your input

May 17, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #2,438 of 3,643
Still enjoying my puro bt5200, got refurbished for $65. Great value imo, bass has tightened and mids have settled, details and stage opened up with some usage. Im sure there are "better" phones out there, but this is fantastic at this price

May 18, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #2,440 of 3,643
Upon receiving notice from camelcamelcamel.com that the ivory Sennheiser M2AEBT had dropped to $347.27, I bought a pair last night. As a tweak at me, the price then dropped further, in less than 2 hours, to $322.00 (but with an extra 2 day wait). They are now listed at $367.00

I am most curious as to whether these are old Version 1, with the BT problem, being cleared out, or if they are Version 2. Where on the box do they place the word "Rev. 2?" I am pretty sure that if they are old Rev. 1, they will not say "Rev. 1" on the box -- absence of evidence does not constitute evidence of absence. Thanks!

EDIT: In the 30 min since I posted the text above, the price of these headphones dropped again, to $335. Hence, in less than 12 hours, they have been at $347, $322, $367, and now, $335.

amazon.com in general, except for TVs, does not generally provide a low price guarantee, although in my case, after talking with a customer service rep, they did give me credit for most of the difference between my price at 7:30 pm and the lowest price at about 9:30 pm last night.

May 18, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #2,442 of 3,643
  i cant find a comfortable over ear bluetooth headphone. can anyone suggest one?

Its been a while since I checked this thread...Came to see if there are any better headphones than ATH-WS99BT..I think No for another couple of years..

you are going to buy a costly headphone once, so buy the best..

ATH-WS99BT + Brainwavz HM5 earpads + Viper4Android app = A sound quality you would expect from a high end audio system..

Theres no wonder its still rated as no.1 in this thread..

May 18, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #2,444 of 3,643
Still enjoying my puro bt5200, got refurbished for $65. Great value imo, bass has tightened and mids have settled, details and stage opened up with some usage. Im sure there are "better" phones out there, but this is fantastic at this price

Does that have active noise-cancelling?  I looked it up on Amazon and it seems to indicate it does, but I'm curious as to hear what your experience of it is.  They look very sleek and very portable -- love the small size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back