Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
May 10, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #2,416 of 3,643

Spoken like somebody who hasn't read the intro...
wink_face.gif

swanhnster7, where was I supposed to find that info, before 1wyseman's last post? Not being snarky, just genuinely curious as to what I have missed.

May 10, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #2,418 of 3,643
  The very first page of this thread lays out his rationale - he has no "favorite". He has a long list of breakdowns and headphones that are useful depending on what you want - but no ranking or one favorite.

I've looked at the first few pages of this thread, and have found no posts from 1whyseman*. So I still don't know what you are referring to.

*Note that I was asking the question of 1whyseman, which is obvious since I had quoted his comment about his favorite BT headphones. I was not asking the question of giogio, who started the thread.

May 10, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #2,419 of 3,643
I love my B&W P5's--my second favorite out of 10 BT headphones.

I don't know the Jabra Moves.

The Hifiman Edition X's arrive on Wednesday. They will be my only cabled set. We'll see...

I believe Koyote's question can be restated as... "if the B&W P5's are 1wyseman's SECOND favorite BT headphones (of 10), what are 1wyseman's FAVORITE?"

Try as I might, I cannot find that answer in the intro section, either!

May 11, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #2,421 of 3,643
Giogio said:
Wait, the pendulumic tach are ll and i think multi too. Have warm mids, and good bass (actually maybe a bit too much bass for some stuff).
I'm not sure about multi though.
@dc8222, can the tach be connected at same time to smartphone and notebook?

Cheers
Giogio

I’m very sorry for late answer as i m away for 2 weeks to Japan and Munich, So sorry.

Pendulumic T1 can be connected with a smart phone and a notebook at the same time, .  

May 11, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #2,422 of 3,643
I don't say anything in Giogio's introduction. I didn't join the conversation until January 2016. There is some innocent confusion going on. But I would like to encourage reading. Reading is fundamental. 
wink_face.gif

For example, page 160:

Quote:

I'm pretty sure his are the one and only.

They've been as low as $188 on Amazon.us

I bought my first pair for $400; second pair ~ $325; third pair $225. (I have three because I love them THAT much--and never want to be without. But that's just me.)

May 11, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #2,423 of 3,643
And page 161:

Quote:
  Welcome! Two at a time. Well, I've been here many, many...um...days, so I'll jump right in. (Can't seem to get the "multi quote" button to work.)

@slysy:  I'm all about the Fidelio M2BT;  I'm biased: Buy them!

@Hamm: 
"So basically looking for some balanced headphones with enhanced listening for electronic."

Maybe not for you. M2BT are not balanced. They have a big bass bottom.

I've used mine daily for 1.5 years and have had no un-gluing issues or any issues, for that matter. I've seen pictures of how they can come apart on the ear pads. I think it has something to do with sweat. I don't do anything sweaty when I use headphones, so maybe that's why I've been fine with them. If they did come apart on me, I would just take a fine needle and thread and sew them back together with what I call a leather stitch (pull thread threw a loop...) A fine thread would not be noticeable on the ear. But that's just me. I fix stuff like that all the time just because I can.

Otherwise, very solid and durable. I don't have any BT issues either. They do engage and respond a little differently than others might, but it doesn't bother me--I'm in total love with the sound.

May 11, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #2,424 of 3,643
And continuing further down on page 161:

Quote:

Sorry, I was answering 2 different posts at the same time. The recommendation was for slysy. So, no soup for you! 

I don't know what I was thinking jumping in like that--I usually stay clear of recommendations and read, read, read myself. (I just read 134 pages on the Head-fi Hifiman Edition X thread and every review ever published or Youtubed on the inter-web before pulling the trigger on my purchase. And I can always send them back if...

Two new people and specific questions about my all-time favorite (M2BT)--I just couldn't resist.

But there are 161 pages right here with a nifty search function to locate specific items in this thread or the general search of the forum. When Giogio is done with his new comparison, there will be plenty more to read.

And that's probably the 10th or 20th time I've said something on that order in this thread.

SOooo, the answer is... Philips Fidelio M2BT is 1wyseman's favorite BT headphone--bar none.

May 12, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #2,427 of 3,643

without having to read bazillions of posts, is there any general consensus on any models proving to have very good or better audio as a Bt headphone?

you do not need to read billions of posts, but you need to start asking better question.
This one has got no answer. And if you would have read at least ONE post, the first one, you would know why.

hello Giogo, like many things, audio can be very divisive as everything is subjective but, reading reviews certain models bubble to the top and have a general consensus of being worthy of consideration. I was looking for the models that have that consensus and help me consider whether I want to get a pair of Bluetooth headphones.

May 13, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #2,428 of 3,643

hello Giogo, like many things, audio can be very divisive as everything is subjective but, reading reviews certain models bubble to the top and have a general consensus of being worthy of consideration. I was looking for the models that have that consensus and help me consider whether I want to get a pair of Bluetooth headphones.

One of Giogio's minions here...

I'm just going to make a comment on the last part of your post because it seems you are still at the point of whether to get into BT or not. You have to start somewhere. I'll let others suggest specific BT headphones after you make that first step.

I have 10 pairs of what would be considered high-end/popular BT headphones that I like/love for various reasons. They all provide a wonderful listening experience.

I just purchased what I consider my one-and-only high-end cabled headphone just to have at least one of the big boys:  Hifiman Edition X. I've been listening to them for 3 days now. They have SQ features not present in any of the BT headphones--mainly to do with their sound stage. They sound like you're listening to high-end HiFi stereo room speakers--in a room, not from speakers attached to your ears. But you don't have to find the "sweet spot" because it stays right with you wherever you are--which isn't far because of the cables!

I hate the cables. I love the sound. But the differences between these and ALL of my BT headphones are SO subtle that I now can firmly state that, for me, BT headphones are absolutely worthy of consideration if you want true Hi Fidelity sound from a headphone. The notion that they can not compete with the big name cabled war horses is pure B___ S___ . Yes, for $500 - $3,000+++ you're going to get improvements, and if you have the money...go for it. But if you're going to spend countless hours picking out the subtle little improvements over a good pair of BT's, then you're completely missing the music.

Did I mention that I hate the cables?

May 13, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #2,429 of 3,643
I decided to get the Backbeat Pros due to concerns over the glue on the M2BTs. So far I have mixed feelings on them. In terms of features and also the sound quality, I love them. But they just feel a little heavy and uncomfortable so far. I also get the same cutouts that I got on the VModa CFW in the same areas, so I guess this was not an issue specific to the CFW.

Going to try these out a little longer but might exchange them for M2BT or CFW again if I cant get passed the comfort issue. Also going to give up on bluetooth mode for my commute and use wired mode for that, to avoid the cutouts (but I still want the bluetooth to use at my work desk and at home).

Are the M2BT good in wired mode? Thanks for all the advice so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back