Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Apr 25, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #2,296 of 3,643
What id like is a good subbass rumble, without strangling the mids, i dont need alot of sparkle in the highs and would prefer them be mildly recessed. Soundstage imaging isnt too big of an issue for me, but i enjoy having good depth and width to it. Iwill drive them on the go with a smartphone. Isolation is preferred, but ill be using in my house or maybe library, so not a big issue (i do Not like open back though). Sennheisers slogan for the urbanite line is what im looking for in the most part "massive bass with uncompromising clarity". I listen to alot of genres, but the majority is hip hop and metal

Philips Fidelio M2BT

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #2,298 of 3,643
Don't forget the JBL Synchros S400bt, amazing power, nice v shaped signature.
The JBL Everest 300 and the Beats Solo 2 are also good for that music.
The Polk Hinge too.
A few more too. Must test more.

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #2,299 of 3,643
I am comparing them side by side with the 1ABT. I suppose those should sound similar to the 1A.
And they indeed have a loose bass.
The 100 have a tighter deeper bass. More precise and controlled. It may be more intense in some moments, because of its concentration.
The 1 have a loose bass which is wider and invades more frequencies.
So at the end they may be quantitatively similar in bass but the quality is different and so depending on the music one or the other would sound more bassy.
But none of them is really bassy.
The 100 are more detailed overall, the most detailed Sony ever.
The 1 are smoother.
Both are very nice. The choice depends only on tastes.
They also feels different. Even in the feel the 1 is smoother. The 100 is a bit harder in the pads. But both are comfortable. Sony generally makes comfortable pads.
Im very likely ordering these tommarrow. how Are the imaging and soundstage? I have sony zx100 so i can take advantage of ldac function also.

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #2,300 of 3,643
Im very likely ordering these tommarrow. how Are the imaging and soundstage? I have sony zx100 so i can take advantage of ldac function also.
you mean the 100abn?
Nice soundstage, very clean and detailed sound with good separation. The stage is deeper than in the 1abt, which may be a bit wider.
Both are good, i would decide based on signature and kind of music (1 are smoother and with looser bass, 100 are more engaging and tighter denser bass).

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #2,302 of 3,643
Im torn between ws99 or sony 100aap bt. I imaging sony is slightly better but is it worth 2x the ws99 price
it's 100abn.
And, there is no better. Not at this level. All is relative to the needs and tastes of people.
Both are very good, but different.
Both are worth the price if you look for that sound.
It depends on what you want.
You can't compare them in terms of better worse, because they're too different.

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #2,304 of 3,643
you mean the 100abn?
Nice soundstage, very clean and detailed sound with good separation. The stage is deeper than in the 1abt, which may be a bit wider.
Both are good, i would decide based on signature and kind of music (1 are smoother and with looser bass, 100 are more engaging and tighter denser bass).

Have you tested the 1ABT and 100ABN with LDAC yet?

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #2,305 of 3,643
Have you tested the 1ABT and 100ABN with LDAC yet?
the 1abt yes. With normal music no difference at all, even with flac.
I suppose you need to have music recorded in hi-res or the ldac is pretty useless.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #2,306 of 3,643
the 1abt yes. With normal music no difference at all, even with flac.
I suppose you need to have music recorded in hi-res or the ldac is pretty useless.

I haven't myself tested LDAC at all, but I must say my belief was if it made any difference at all, it would be very minimal and this seems to confirm that. I can't hear any difference with high resolution myself anyway so that really wouldn't sway me.

Apr 27, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #2,307 of 3,643
got my xtz divine yesterday and i like them, but what kills it for me, is in bt mode the right side is permanently humming elctronic noise in silent passages of the Music. is that normal, or may i have a defective pair?

Apr 27, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #2,308 of 3,643
got my xtz divine yesterday and i like them, but what kills it for me, is in bt mode the right side is permanently humming elctronic noise in silent passages of the Music. is that normal, or may i have a defective pair?
there is a discussion thread for them where could be interesting to post.
I don't have this problem.
I have tried two units.
Can you describe it more?
Did you try other BT headphones? It may be kind of normal.

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #2,309 of 3,643

I have never experienced this with my Divine so that is most certainly not normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back