Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Apr 14, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #2,266 of 3,643
  NC? I thought the NC on the M2BT is only active during calls?

I wish I could find the WS 99 BT ANYWHERE in Europe. Just doesn't seem to exist in here. Extremely disappointing.

Yes my bad, it is the M2AEBT I was thinking of. I should be more careful before I post.

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #2,267 of 3,643
Guys which kind of drugs did you take?
The M2BT don't have any NC.
Sonic maybe meant the M2AEBT.
Where the NC is ALWAYS active.

I don't suggest you the M2BT. Too much bass for you.
You should try the SR5BT or buy the Divine of Sonic.

Where do you live?
I thought the 100ABN are only available in Japan and India at the moment.

Yeah, I was confused too about NC on the M2BT
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the reply, M2BT is out in that case. I live in Switzerland and yeah, I was surprised to see the 100ABN in shops here. Doesn't seem to be available in Germany and other European countries yet.. Have you tried the SR5BT? I will try to get my hands on those.

By the way - is the WS99BT a Japan exclusive? I can only find it on eBay from Japanese sellers - a little risky with import tolls and taxes etc..

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #2,268 of 3,643

By the way - is the WS99BT a Japan exclusive? I can only find it on eBay from Japanese sellers - a little risky with import tolls and taxes etc..

You could buy my WS99BT and I'm sure I can work with the customs declaration. Typically I say audio headphone being sent for cable upgrade and declare the value at $100. Seems to work between Canada and US with no issues. My WS99BT also includes a set of HM5 pads by the way. I'm already starting to think I may not sell them, they really are damn good.

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #2,269 of 3,643
  You could buy my WS99BT and I'm sure I can work with the customs declaration. Typically I say audio headphone being sent for cable upgrade and declare the value at $100. Seems to work between Canada and US with no issues. My WS99BT also includes a set of HM5 pads by the way. I'm already starting to think I may not sell them, they really are damn good.

That would depend on shipping costs I guess. 180$ seems reasonable to me. For Germany, the rule is that as long as the total value of the product is below 150 EUR, I only need to pay the VAT, no tax.

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #2,270 of 3,643

That would depend on shipping costs I guess. 180$ seems reasonable to me. For Germany, the rule is that as long as the total value of the product is below 150 EUR, I only need to pay the VAT, no tax.

I'm guessing Germany would cost about $60 Canadian. Shipping is always the killer. I have no idea what it would cost you if you shipped from Japan, certainly less, but how much less I wonder? I'll actually do a calculation with Canada Post's shipping estimator just to see, now you have me curious. The $60 seems high. I know that my packaged HE400i to Germany was going to be $76, but that was quite a bit bigger and heavier.

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #2,271 of 3,643
Hi all,

is there any discussion here about the quality of the BT headphone device management features ?

I'm currently using the Bose Soundlink AE II and they have great BT device managment features. I currently have 3 devices in memory ( can be upto 8 devices) and I regulary switch between them all. These headphones allow me to manually choose which device I want to use and then give me a verbal confirm that it's connecting to the device and voila! I'm connected! I use this feature alot thoughout the day!! It is an important feature to me (as much as all day comfort and sound quality).

The only problem with these headphones is that the sound quality isn't as exciting as I would like it to be..

Is there a BT headphone with the same BT device managment features + All day Comfort that has better sound quality then Bose Soundlink AE II ?????

Thanks All.

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #2,273 of 3,643
  I'm guessing Germany would cost about $60 Canadian. Shipping is always the killer. I have no idea what it would cost you if you shipped from Japan, certainly less, but how much less I wonder?

Buying them from you he would have another advantage: no Custom costs.
In Germany if you receive something declared as "gift" and with a declared value of less than 45 Euro, there are no Custom costs. Making them clearly look like used also helps.
I suppose you should now anyway keep this going in PM.
But if Random wants the WS, I would definitely suggest buying them from you. Better price, no Custom, you both are happy, and it stays within the Family (us).
Let me know the decision and I may give few more suggestions, via PM.

Hi all,

is there any discussion here about the quality of the BT headphone device management features ?

It's a very good question and gave me the input to add another section to the coming soon comparison.
Although some of these special features are not so well explained in the User Guides, and I have to read 90 of them.
In this moment, no, I cannot think to any other with this exact function, although there are a few with Voice Prompts.
I am afraid I can't promise a quick personalised comparison for you right now, but I'll do my best to let you know as soon as possible if I find something in the next two weeks.
Consider this my answer to your PM too :)

Ah, I just saw you already reviewed the SR5BT. They seem very much like the headphones I'm looking for. Balanced sound, I like that. Thanks for the help, I will see that I can test the SR5BT. :)

I believe they and the XTZ are the two most balanced and transparent On Ear BT Headphones on the market right now.
And if you want a balanced neutral bass, you should prefer the SR5BT to the WS99BT.

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #2,274 of 3,643

I believe they and the XTZ are the two most balanced and transparent On Ear BT Headphones on the market right now.
And if you want a balanced neutral bass, you should prefer the SR5BT to the WS99BT.

Balanced for true portable to me is a miss, I like the slight bass emphasis of the WS99, I think it makes a world of sense for real world portable use. I also think that despite the bass emphasis with the WS99, it is so well done that it integrates very well into the overall signature so much so that I really have to say in practice the WS99 is balanced sounding. I actually am starting to consider just keeping them as they are really very nice and I like that they can play louder than the H7.

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #2,275 of 3,643
- Balanced for true portable to me is a miss
- I like the slight bass emphasis of the WS99
- it integrates very well into the overall signature so much so that I really have to say in practice the WS99 is balanced
- I like that they can play louder than the H7.

- I disagree, it's all a matter of tastes.
- me too!
- agreed
- definitely louder than most BT headphones, although not of all.

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #2,276 of 3,643

Giogio, can the WS99BT be used while charging?  If not in BT mode, can they be used in wired mode while charging the battery?

I have found more which can.
It seems it was not that uncommon after all.
Still, only few can.

Thanks for the input, I will surely add this to the special features in my Comparison.

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #2,277 of 3,643
I always assumed you could charge while using the headphone wired, seems like there would be nothing preventing  this for any logical reason.

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #2,278 of 3,643
Yes, that's true.

My post was anyway referring to charging them while using them wireless.
Only a few can.
But that's more than I thought. I thought none could.

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #2,279 of 3,643
  It's a very good question and gave me the input to add another section to the coming soon comparison.
Although some of these special features are not so well explained in the User Guides, and I have to read 90 of them.
In this moment, no, I cannot think to any other with this exact function, although there are a few with Voice Prompts.
I am afraid I can't promise a quick personalised comparison for you right now, but I'll do my best to let you know as soon as possible if I find something in the next two weeks.
Consider this my answer to your PM too :)

Thanks Giogio! At this stage I think I actually prefer the sound on the Plantronics BBP , but The BT management features on the Bose Soundlink AE2 are so good! I hope I can find a HP that has both good sound and BT managment features!! I hope to hear from you as you're testing progresses over the next 2 weeks!!! Thanks Again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back