Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Mar 2, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #1,981 of 3,643
I agree, the SBH-80 excels in ergonomics, and the sound is pretty good.

I'm one of those rare people who doesn't get a good fit from the stock earbud tips.  I have custom SBH-80 tips from https://snugsearphones.co.uk/ which fix that and provide isolation suitable for the London Tube, making this setup my default any time I'm commuting.

Mar 2, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #1,982 of 3,643
I just received the plantronics backbeat pro headphones. Initial impressions are as follows.

Cons
-I don't like the headband. It pushes on the top of my head.
-The method of changing tracks is sort of wonky. A button would be much easier.
-Bass is boosted. I'm comparing them to powered studio monitors on my desktop. More bass heavy than my hd518's.
-These are not over the ear headphones. I thought they were advertised as such, but perhaps I was mistaken. You cannot wear glasses with these headphones.
-They fall off your head if you lean over.
-if you adjust the headphones, it often pauses the music when you don't want it to.

Pros
-the convenience of connecting straight to my iPad and being able to move around my house outweighs all the flaws.
-as far as the sound quality, the bass is boosted but that's ok if that's what you are looking for or if you have multiple headphones.
-listening to Take Five by Brubeck, the highs sound a little boosted too, but not as boosted as the bass.
-overall has a "fun" sound, which I like (occasionally)

I'm keeping them. Anyone want to buy some hd518's and a Fiio eo7k? I'm going to keep buying more Bluetooth headphones until I find the ones I like most so I need to keep selling old stuff. =D

Edit:
They are going back. My ears are hurting. The sound is great with a little less bass, but the ear cups are too small. Has anyone found replacment ear pads for these headphones?

Mar 3, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #1,983 of 3,643
-These are not over the ear headphones. I thought they were advertised as such, but perhaps I was mistaken. You cannot wear glasses with these headphones.
-They fall off your head if you lean over.
-if you adjust the headphones, it often pauses the music when you don't want it to.
the ear cups are too small. Has anyone found replacment ear pads for these headphones?

Somebody can correct me if I am wrong, but I knew that over ear is different than around the ear, and that over ear are a sort of middle way between around the ear and on ear.
If so, these are definitely over ear. They are actually also around the ear if one's ears are less than 5.5cm long (I anyway with 6cm long ears never had any problem).
Thank you for the info about wearing glasses. Some people may not experience the same problem, but it's good to know the risk.
They have never fallen from my average sized head, but the clamping force is indeed gentle.
The headband never caused me any discomfort though. They are also light enough not to give to the headband much burden.
Given that you say they fall from your head I would guess you have a narrow head and therefore the clamping force is not enough and all the weight is on the headband. Good to know. So these are good for people with average to big head, but small ears.
If by "adjust the headphones" you mean pulling them far from your ears to change position, this is due to the head sensor which is meant to pause the music when you wear them off for a while, like to ear what people say to you, or when you just put them down around your neck to do something. It is a very useful function which you can deactivate if you do not want it.
The earcups cannot be replaced :frowning2:
If you are planning to buy a different one you may explain your wished signature and features. Somebody will surely be able to come with a suggestion.

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #1,984 of 3,643
False. The earcups can be replaced with a bit of modding. 

Sony XB700 pads
Velour pads

I have an oval head (on the thinner side) and I wear glasses. But for some strange reason, these fit more comfortably on me than the Pendulumic S1+. The headband is also more gentle than the Pendulumics too. Very strange considering (I think) the Pendulumic's earcups are larger than the Backbeat Pro. Why does the BBP feel more comfortable?

Also, I know that the BBPs are able to "pair with two devices". I was under the impression that this meant, "playing music from two different sources". Is there a way to make this work? Or are you only able to play audio from ONE source at any given time?

CONS:
- I agree with everyone on here regarding the Backbeat Pro: it's extremely bass heavy. Kind of reminds me of my old Dre Beats. If the mids were more emphasized in the Backbeats, I'd have a much better time listening.
- I would like for the controls to work for Spotify as well. (Currently, it only controls iTunes; there's a separate third-party app that you can install on your Mac to control Spotify, but it's very low-key and looks suspicious)
- Keep the sensor working, but disable it when other apps are open. Here's an example. I'm listening to my music on Spotify and I decide to take a break by putting the headphones on my neck. The sensor picks it up as "Play" and launches iTunes (but doesn't start playing any music). If I do nothing, and then put the headphones back on my head, it again picks up "Play" and starts playing the music from iTunes. EXTREMELY annoying. I had to disable the sensor completely. 

Quote:
The earcups cannot be replaced :frowning2:
If you are planning to buy a different one you may explain your wished signature and features. Somebody will surely be able to come with a suggestion.

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #1,986 of 3,643
Id like to know how the Sennheiser Urbanite xl compare to the Vmoda crossfade wireless? Concerned how much rumble i can get out of the senns and how small or cluttered the Soundstage on both are

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #1,988 of 3,643
Curious to know if you ended up buying them. I'm also thinking about getting a pair to try out.

I did not get the bose. I've been going back and forth regarding whether or not to keep the bbp. Guaranteed not to hurt my ears or the top of my head. The headband on the bbp was giving me a headache. Imo, it's worse than the notorious Q701's.

I've decided to get Bluetooth iem's as a stopgap.. any suggestions?

Mar 4, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #1,989 of 3,643
Jaybird Blue Buds X

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #1,990 of 3,643

How did you remove the stock pads? Is it possible to remove them and put them back in place without too much effort?
Or did you just applied the other ones above the stock ones?
From the first pictures it seems so, as the violet L and R thing inside the earpads belong to the BBP.

Can you describe how the sound changes with these two earpads?

Id like to know how the Sennheiser Urbanite xl compare to the Vmoda crossfade wireless? Concerned how much rumble i can get out of the senns and how small or cluttered the Soundstage on both are

Didn't try the Vmoda yet but the Urbanite XL are more good for punch than for rumble. It may depend anyway on which music you are going to listen to with them.
Soundstage was ok, nothing glorious, but you do not find many BT headphones with a really good soundstage. And they are all closed back.

Mar 5, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #1,992 of 3,643
Mar 6, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #1,993 of 3,643
Pendulumic Tach Ti uses this protocol. I have a set and am enjoying it now. I also have their aptx component that plugs into any source to transmit CD qualtiy signals.

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #1,994 of 3,643
Pendulumic Tach Ti uses this protocol. I have a set and am enjoying it now. I also have their aptx component that plugs into any source to transmit CD qualtiy signals.

Thank you for the information.
I had a look at the component (adapter) you mentioned, and I believe it is an OEM of the Avantree Priva. There even is the Avantree logo on the bottom.
I remember having made the contact between the two Companies, thinking that they could benefit from a collaboration. But I was not informed that there were actual interchanges.

Could you say something about the Tach?
You may compare them with other BT headphones eventually, if you have tried other models.

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #1,995 of 3,643
i pre-ordered some of the wireless Kanoa's.  I have tried a couple of the wired bluetooth headphones but I am pretty excited about the new non wired ones, other than the fact that I'm prolly gonna lose them.

Anyone else pre-order the Kanoa or Phazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back