Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jan 17, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #1,832 of 3,643
So thanks to all the advice on here i have just bought the m2bt, will be here tuesday. 
I'm thinking about also getting the m2aebt and p5 for comparison purposes. I know the m2aebt is over ear and the others on ear but i might want to keep the on ear for everyday use and a larger ANC model for travel.
Is there another over-ear model with ANC i should consider?

Thanks again for all your help, especially to giogio and 1wyseman 

Jan 17, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #1,833 of 3,643
Hey, I need help looking for a new headphone as well.

I am currently using the bose soundlink over-ear 1 and i love them, but sadly the bluetooth died out. 

My priorities are the comfortableness, over-ear and also i hate BULKY looking headphones. Hence, I am picking 
between beats studio , marley liberate xlbt, Bose soundlink over-ear soundlink II and maybe m2 aebt (its a little bulky).

So between these headphones, which one do you recommend? Or are there other similar headphones that is a better choice?

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #1,834 of 3,643
I do not think at all that the 950 get even remotely close to the sub bass of the Fidelio.
If you talk of quantity, well, I am not interested in quantity as much as I am in quality, and the quality of the bass and sub bass of the 950 is thousand light years far far away from the Fidelio.
Fidelio's Rumble is dense, vibrant, accurate, clean, solid, and beside this they have a very nice punch.
The 950 air just puff puuff boom boom. Only air. No control, no density.
Maybe you have improved this with the Mods (you should talk with that guy, I have tagged you, did you receive the notification? He wants to know about the mods). But, I severely doubt any mod can bring them to that kind of deeeep solid rumble of the Fidelio.
The UE, I agree. Maybe a bit more on the mid than on the low bass, but still there.
The Denon, I am so working on getting them. I really want to test them.
The Audition Pro have a very good rumble, good amount also without EQ, and surely good quality, not as precise and clean as the Fidelio, not as deep and not as dense, but good.
We talk probably of two different worlds, you movies where certain things are not as easy to notice, me of Techno, Dubstep, DEFAC, and music, basically, where the nuances of the whole low range come out better than in movies. In movies you do not notice that too much.
I consider the A-Pro somewhere between Fidelio and 950.
I have just checked Edge of Tomorrow. The rumble is there, all sounds balanced and clear, no harshness, nothing wrong, the fight scenes at the end are intense.
I really think you should try them.
If your worry is the return, maybe you can talk it with them and explain the situation. They are very nice.
But, unless you want EXACTLY the Fidelio but without the problems of the Fidelio, I cannot imagine you will be disappointed.
But if it is a "better Fidelio" you're looking for, you are going to be disappointed with EACH single headphone you try. Because there is only one Fidelio. And that is the Fidelio.

I agree, the Fidelio's are unique and have a great quality to the bass, I'm sure I'll struggle to find a another pair that share so many of their positives! They are certainly better than the 950's when it comes to quality but as you say, in movies the difference is not as extreme! For me the bass is not the problem with the 950's it's the mids, in fact there are times I prefer the bass of the 950's such as when the aircraft are taking off into battle in 'Edge of Tomorrow'...the rumble of the 950's sound immense! Also during shoot outs in movies there's a real thud to the bullets which no other headphones can recreate! I understand that you are not as interested in quantity as you are quality but without quantity I'm not interested at all, if my headphones can't deliver the kind of deep bass rumble required for action movies then they're not worth listening to in my opinion.

I haven't done many comparisons between the Fidelio's and the 950's with music but certainly when listening to Massive Attack-Mezzanine there wasn't a huge difference! Don't get me wrong the Fidelio's were definitely more punchy with crisper highs and a more forward sound but it certainly wasn't night and day between the two, the 950's were still really enjoyable, the vocals were still clear, the highs still felt like they had a nice quality to them and to me the bass didn't sound overly boomy! Compared to the Fidelio's they just sounded a little more laid back and not quite as punchy!

The big difference between our experience of the 950's is that I've performed the mods to them and also given them significant burn in! This has certainly improved their sound, tightening up the bass and improving the mids! True, they'll never be able to compete with the fantastic sound of the Fidelio's but for the moment their the only headphones I've found that have the sub bass, comfort, and low hiss that I'm after!

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #1,835 of 3,643
The Momentums M2 AEBT and the Fidelios are going to 'Jurrasic World' right after I leave here. I'm expecting some rumbling there. I have seen 'Edge of Tomorrow', but will get it again for testing purposes.

Maybe it's different batch numbers for the Fidelios? Are you in the U.S.? Because they are all imports here. Mine came directly from Hong Kong and Seoul 9 months apart. Just stabbing in the dark. The price sure has dropped!! Maybe they are on the way out? That's why I got a second pair.

I really enjoyed Jurassic World...easily the best sequel! My Sony XB950's sounded great with this film!...should really put those headphone through their paces!

I'm in the UK, perhaps they're a bad batch?? Now that they've dropped in price a bit I may well give them a 3rd try!

Let me know how those perform with Jurassic World?

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #1,836 of 3,643

fair enough.
But "kind of bass" is not the right expression to define the AMOUNT of bass.
And, I AM interested in quantity. I just prefer a little less of better bass than a little more of worse bass.

Which is also subjective I suppose.

Your call. I step back.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #1,837 of 3,643
Ok so after a suggestion from Giorgio at XB's thread I am going to revise this latest mod and even am considering purchasing the XBs to test it for myself.  I have been considering purchasing but when I listened to them at the store, I noticed the audio quality lacked "life" and lacked the audio quality overall.   Ive been putting off buying to a large degree for that reason, and sacrificing wireless functionality for something like the  Monster Inspiration and its well put together, deep clear bass, and superior sound vs the XB's for gym use, despite being anchored by the cable of the Inspirations.  

But I am starting to change my mind, they may improve a whole lot with this mod.   I will be following this thread intently.

Did you check what quality mode they were in when you demo'd them in store?

Bill-P explains it in detail on page 17 of the XB thread!

Also read my comparisons on page 104 of this thread where I give a detailed description of the XB950's along with my suggestions on the mods and a link to how Bill-P does them!

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #1,838 of 3,643
fair enough.
But "kind of bass" is not the right expression to define the AMOUNT of bass.
And, I AM interested in quantity. I just prefer a little less of better bass than a little more of worse bass.

Which is also subjective I suppose.

Your call. I step back.

I agree, I would happily sacrifice a little less quantity (not too much) for a bit more quality and if I find a pair that also come close to the comfort and low hiss of the 950's I'd happily make them my go to pair for movie watching!

I now have 4 more pairs to try which might be up to the job; the Momentums, B&O H8's, B&W P5's and the Aventree Audition Pro's (once they're released)....wish me luck!

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #1,839 of 3,643
If I were you I would buy a wired headphone with detachable cable and I would stick a low latency receiver in its 3.5 connection.
It would cost you less, it would sound better, you would have more choice to find the one with the signature you want.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #1,840 of 3,643
If I were you I would buy a wired headphone with detachable cable and I would stick a low latency receiver in its 3.5 connection.
It would cost you less, it would sound better, you would have more choice to find the one with the signature you want.

I tried something similar with my amazing Klipsch Image S4 in ear's (fantastic sound with a great bass response). I used a Bluetooth receiver with 3.5mm female connection but the quality sounded terrible! I guessed it was the fact they really needed to have an in built amp?

Jan 17, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #1,841 of 3,643
I tried something similar with my amazing Klipsch Image S4 in ear's (fantastic sound with a great bass response). I used a Bluetooth receiver with 3.5mm female connection but the quality sounded terrible! I guessed it was the fact they really needed to have an in built amp?

not necessarily, you have to choose the right headphone, right impedance, right adapter.

Jan 18, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #1,844 of 3,643
  So thanks to all the advice on here i have just bought the m2bt, will be here tuesday. 
I'm thinking about also getting the m2aebt and p5 for comparison purposes. I know the m2aebt is over ear and the others on ear but i might want to keep the on ear for everyday use and a larger ANC model for travel.
Is there another over-ear model with ANC i should consider?

Thanks again for all your help, especially to giogio and 1wyseman 

Let us know what you think.

All 3 above are special to me; you'll have fun comparing them. You should throw in the B&O H8, too! What's another $420... but they're on-ear with ANC.

Jan 18, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #1,845 of 3,643
  Hey, I need help looking for a new headphone as well.

I am currently using the bose soundlink over-ear 1 and i love them, but sadly the bluetooth died out. 

My priorities are the comfortableness, over-ear and also i hate BULKY looking headphones. Hence, I am picking 
between beats studio , marley liberate xlbt, Bose soundlink over-ear soundlink II and maybe m2 aebt (its a little bulky).

So between these headphones, which one do you recommend? Or are there other similar headphones that is a better choice?

I only know the M2 AEBT. I think they are some of the least bulky looking over-ear with the flat leather headband with a cut-out; thin metal arms with cut-outs, and cans that are only as large as the earpads with nothing on the outside part except smoothness. But they're not flimsy or delicate. The Harley-Davidsons.

Comfortableness might be a problem if you have anything other than small to average, flat ears. I have average, flat ears and they just fit within the ear cup--just. I have to make sure they're on exactly right--then all is well. Supposedly this latest model addressed the small ear cups and BT connection problems. I have no problem with BT connection (as long as it isn't a Sennheiser dongle on my laptop!). I'd hate to see what previous ear cups were like if these are the improvements. They show in the quick-start how to replace the earpads, but they don't look like the style that would accommodate the Brainwavs replacements. I think it might be that you can replace them with more Sennheiser earpads. But I don't know enought about that.

They do, however, sound excellent. Worth every penny!

P.S. I have them on now and the nice lady inside is quite the chatty type. "Lost connection" whenever you remove them; "Power On"; "Power Off"; "Connected"; "Disconnected"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back