Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jan 18, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #1,846 of 3,643
Ah...finally back to the wonderful world of Head-Fi.  Received Master and Dynamic's MW60 today for review.  Should be interesting seeing how this new M&D stacks against the wired MH40 I reviewed a little while ago.  Anyways hope to be sharing some impressions soon. Comfort definitely significantly improved though.  Which is always a positive.  

Jan 18, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #1,847 of 3,643
I really enjoyed Jurassic World...easily the best sequel! My Sony XB950's sounded great with this film!...should really put those headphone through their paces!

I'm in the UK, perhaps they're a bad batch?? Now that they've dropped in price a bit I may well give them a 3rd try!

Let me know how those perform with Jurassic World?

Yes, I enjoyed 'Jurassic World'. It certainly delivered in the "rumble" department!

And now that we all agree only Fidelios are Fidelios, the M2 AEBT's would be a respectable replacement. There is one major drawback:  They DO hiss--from the ANC, which is always on.

For me it's not a problem because I can easily shut it out. I have to concentrate to hear it, but it's there. About the only moments in the movie that are quiet enough to here it is just before the baddest dinosaur is about to chomp down on somebody.

Loved those moments when same said dinosaur did his (her?) purring, growling, heavy-breathing thing. Both the M2 AEBT's and M2BT's would shiver your timbers.

I'd go on, but if you think the hiss factor is a deal breaker, I'll stop.

Jan 18, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #1,848 of 3,643
For headphones with a 2.5 or 3.5mm female connection, check this out

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784505/review-of-voxoa-btunes-vxb-bluetooth-4-0-apt-x-adapter-don-t-just-cut-your-headphones-wire-get-rid-of-it

Thanks, this is a very interested thread and great to know there are devises out there that can transform your wired headphones to wireless without the expense of quality!

Unfortunately the 'btunes VXB' isn't available here in the UK.

Amazon will ship it from the states but it works out at £92 after postage and tax.

This means the price would be very similar to buying the VXB + headphones or to buy the wireless version of the same headphones without having to have anything protruding from them.

An example here in the UK; Momentum Over Ear + VXB - £312 or Momentum Wireless - £315

Jan 18, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #1,849 of 3,643
  Ah...finally back to the wonderful world of Head-Fi.  Received Master and Dynamic's MW60 today for review.  Should be interesting seeing how this new M&D stacks against the wired MH40 I reviewed a little while ago.  Anyways hope to be sharing some impressions soon. Comfort definitely significantly improved though.  Which is always a positive.  

Looks cool, similar look than the Symphony 1.
Which other BT Headphones did you test?
Which ones could you compare side by side?

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #1,850 of 3,643

Looks cool, similar look than the Symphony 1.
Which other BT Headphones did you test?
Which ones could you compare side by side?

Indeed! Was not aware of the Symphony 1, but I can see the similarities.  I think Master and Dynamic definitely edges more towards the B&O/ B&W side of things though.

Haven't had all that much experience with BT headphones.  Played with some sony models and reviewed the MDR-ZX770BN (i.e. terminator model number 2015) a little while back.  Don't quite have any other BT headphones to play with at the moment - for the longest time I used wired headphones.  

With all the new BT and streaming tech rolling out though I definitely wanted to see what the latest offerings had in store.  So far what I've heard is fairly impressive!

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #1,851 of 3,643

Yes, I see what you mean, their build and materials go in the luxury direction like B&O and B&W.

Well, I hope you will start reviewing more BT models, you write nice reviews, and we here need more people with that insight.
Your style and methodology is different than mine, which is good, because this will give people different perspectives on something.
But you may consider using the double test methodology I use (see the first post of this thread), as it can let people know not only how headphones sound out of the box, but what they can achieve with EQ. Lot of people use EQ.

To understand what I mean have a look at my latest review, of the XTZ Headphone Divine.

Jan 18, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #1,852 of 3,643
  Yes, I see what you mean, their build and materials go in the luxury direction like B&O and B&W.

Well, I hope you will start reviewing more BT models, you write nice reviews, and we here need more people with that insight.
Your style and methodology is different than mine, which is good, because this will give people different perspectives on something.
But you may consider using the double test methodology I use (see the first post of this thread), as it can let people know not only how headphones sound out of the box, but what they can achieve with EQ. Lot of people use EQ.

To understand what I mean have a look at my latest review, of the XTZ Headphone Divine.

Thanks - took the liberty to check out some of your reviews.  Very nice write-ups!  Great thing about Head-Fi is getting to see all these different ways of approaching things.  Definitely provides a much more comprehensive view of a product then the usual tech column.

I'll definitely take a look at double testing and EQ-ing.  I do have to admit that there are some headphones that could definitely achieve more with EQ-ing and that I've been a bit lazy on that front. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 18, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #1,853 of 3,643
  Thanks - took the liberty to check out some of your reviews.  Very nice write-ups!  Great thing about Head-Fi is getting to see all these different ways of approaching things.  Definitely provides a much more comprehensive view of a product then the usual tech column.

I'll definitely take a look at double testing and EQ-ing.  I do have to admit that there are some headphones that could definitely achieve more with EQ-ing and that I've been a bit lazy on that front. 
tongue_smile.gif

I absolutely agree.
You cannot imagine how many people land in this thread after spending days reading lot of reviews in Blogs and important websites.
The fact is, people want to know the difference between those models.
And they find it mostly only here.
Well, and on TheWirecutter, and Gizmodo. That's it. I do not know any other place which is 100% specialized in comparisons of BT Headphones.
And my approach is quite different than that of those two. Which is GOOD, differences are needed for a better objectivity.
I just think that the double test should be done by everybody.

Thank you for the compliment, although I am going to edit my old reviews soon.
My style, as to be seen in the XTZ review, is much more refined and moderated now. I still like the direct style of my old reviews, but you know, with time things change.

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #1,854 of 3,643
Yes, I enjoyed 'Jurassic World'. It certainly delivered in the "rumble" department!

And now that we all agree only Fidelios are Fidelios, the M2 AEBT's would be a respectable replacement. There is one major drawback:  They DO hiss--from the ANC, which is always on.

For me it's not a problem because I can easily shut it out. I have to concentrate to hear it, but it's there. About the only moments in the movie that are quiet enough to here it is just before the baddest dinosaur is about to chomp down on somebody.

Loved those moments when same said dinosaur did his (her?) purring, growling, heavy-breathing thing. Both the M2 AEBT's and M2BT's would shiver your timbers.

I'd go on, but if you think the hiss factor is a deal breaker, I'll stop.

Well that's one less off my shortlist! Any plans to test the h8's and p5's for movies?

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #1,855 of 3,643
May I ask you two guys to shorten your quotes. It is something which people with mobile phones hate. And which makes threads unnecessary long.
Better is if you cut the not needed part of your quotes and only leave what you are really answering to.
L3000.gif

Jan 18, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #1,856 of 3,643
May I ask you two guys to shorten your quotes. It is something which people with mobile phones hate. And which makes threads unnecessary long.
Better is if you cut the not needed part of your quotes and only leave what you are really answering to.
:L3000:

I agree, but the ironic thing is that when on mobile, it's difficult and time consuming to delete out the unwanted text from a quote. Correct me if there's an easy way!

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #1,858 of 3,643
Well that's one less off my shortlist! Any plans to test the h8's and p5's for movies?

I used the B&O H8's on 'Unbroken' (DVD) today. Probably not the type of movie you would use for this kind of test, but there are some big, bassy moments in a B-24 Bomber; a storm at sea; the large, bass-heavy musical score and bassy "Big Movie" sound design in general.

I couldn't detect any hiss or buzz, but I'm questioning my ability to report on that adequately. Bass is a as good as it gets in this group--short of the Fidelio's. But the B&W P5's are very similar.

I love the mids and highs on the H8's: clear, open and not too harsh. Dialogue is well integrated with all the other sounds.

There is a difference in sound between ANC on or off. Not sure which you would choose as "better". I tend to like it off as everything is more open; the mids are more present--but maybe kind of loose/sloppy? The bass could be a little boomy with ANC off. With ANC on there was a tighter, clearer sound and punchier bass.

I think you should test the H8's and P5's side-by-side. I have the P5's on today; they seem very similar to the H8's. I'll dig up something to watch now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back