Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Dec 15, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #1,696 of 3,643
I found the settings for that, thanks.
Yeah, there is a small hiss if I have the volume low, which is a bit annoying, but if I listen to music I don't notice it. I guess most BT headphones have a small hiss?

However, there is one thing that I don't fancy at all, and that is that there is a big delay while watching YouTube/any content on my iPhone 6 since it has a 1-2 second delay?
I guess a fix is to use the cable with them, but I kind of want to avoid that.

Yeah there's hiss to some degree in all Bluetooth headphones but only on the Fidelio's did I experience a low volume high pitch buzz from the right ear piece no matter what source I played them with! I had a replacement pair sent out and they also had the same problem!

All bluetooth headphones will have some delay, some more than others but it should only be a matter of milliseconds, it's strange that your delay is so severe!

I don't think I played any video with them while using them on my iPhone so can't compare but I definitely didn't experience much delay while using them with my tv and aptx transmitter!

Have you got any other source that you can test them with?

I've just done a quick search on Google and found that lots of people have complained about a large audio delay on their iphone so I would suspect it's something to do with the version of OS or perhaps somehow the phone itself? If you get the opportunity try to test them on a friends phone (both iphone & android) to see if there's a delay on theirs?

It's worth mentioning I have no delay while watching video with my Sony XB950's and my iPhone 5c version 8.1.3!

I'm almost certain it's a problem with your iPhone and not the headphones, try doing a Google search yourself to see if anyone has found a solution?

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #1,697 of 3,643

I found the settings for that, thanks.
Yeah, there is a small hiss if I have the volume low, which is a bit annoying, but if I listen to music I don't notice it. I guess most BT headphones have a small hiss?

However, there is one thing that I don't fancy at all, and that is that there is a big delay while watching YouTube/any content on my iPhone 6 since it has a 1-2 second delay?
I guess a fix is to use the cable with them, but I kind of want to avoid that.

This isn't right. When playing video on a Mac, iPad or iPhone, the device measures the latency of the BT device and retards the video so it's in synch. All of my BT headphones have worked like this, I can't understand why yours wouldn't.

Obviously using them with some kind of BT transmitter via an audio-out would not work, but here you're not doing that, right?

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #1,698 of 3,643
This isn't right. When playing video on a Mac, iPad or iPhone, the device measures the latency of the BT device and retards the video so it's in synch. All of my BT headphones have worked like this, I can't understand why yours wouldn't.

Obviously using them with some kind of BT transmitter via an audio-out would not work, but here you're not doing that, right?

Unfortunately there have been many issues with bt delays on iOS since years, as this forum thread portrays. It does not seem to be directly related to a single headphone type either.

I just received the m2bt and have the same problem on an iPhone 6s plus and ipad air 2. The workarounds in linked thread do make it bearable though.

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #1,699 of 3,643
Used to have a pair of M2BT. I used to pair it with both my laptop (windows 10), via a cheap USB dongle bluetooth transmitter (aptX CSR harmony stack). Had no issues at all, worked great, no latency issues on videos.

Also paired it with Galaxy S4 octa-core, also synced fine but every once in a while it would connect but have this crazy stuttering issue, which sorted itself out after half a minute.

I found connection both ways to be solid. But I had another android phone, and the distance on the connection was much weaker than on the galaxy.

I no longer have it, the treble was far too piercing and comfort was very poor on my ears, although they otherwise they sounded fantastic.

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #1,701 of 3,643
I recently had a chance to listen to a couple different wireless headphones and i really liked the sound of the backbeat pro (bbp). All other things being equal i would have purchased them, but since i wear my headphones to commute (walk) to work i'm afraid they may be a bit large.

Is there another wireless headphone with a similar sound signature to the bbp which is a bit smaller that i should check out? I still may end up purchasing the bbp but if there is something similar in a smaller package i'd like to check it out. 

Thanks again for all the help and great info in this thread from everyone.

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #1,702 of 3,643
Is there another wireless headphone with a similar sound signature to the bbp which is a bit smaller that i should check out? I still may end up purchasing the bbp but if there is something similar in a smaller package i'd like to check it out. 

Thanks again for all the help and great info in this thread from everyone.

Did you try the fidelio m2bt? Very pleasant signature, laid back and warm with tight bass. They're very compact.

Dec 20, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #1,703 of 3,643
Did you try the fidelio m2bt? Very pleasant signature, laid back and warm with tight bass. They're very compact.

They seem interesting for me. But just a few posts above...

Used to have a pair of M2BT.

<snip>

I no longer have it, the treble was far too piercing and comfort was very poor on my ears, although they otherwise they sounded fantastic.

Yes? No?

Dec 20, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #1,704 of 3,643

I haven't yet, i have the m1mkII and if they sound anything like those i know i will like them. But they are hard to find in store here in the US. 

Does anyone have any experience buying used/open box headphones on amazon?
I assume a lot of them might be items people on here got to review and then returned. 

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #1,705 of 3,643

They seem interesting for me. But just a few posts above...

Yes? No?

I'm sensitive to treble. Overall it has a 'crispy' sound signature. It's not exactly sibilant, but, for instance, piano notes have a kind of metallic ringing sound. But, it might be okay for other music.

M2BT is not comfortable (for me). In fact, painful. It clamps down on the ears, cartilage in ears start hurting and get hot not long after you put it on.

Dec 21, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #1,706 of 3,643
I had to return the m1mkII's too - couldn't wear them longer than 30 minutes without extreme ear pain.

Sound-wise I found them too bassy and they had quite a high sound-floor with an incessant high-pitched hiss. OK, all BT headphones have this to a certain degree, but was worse with these.

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #1,707 of 3,643
http://www.amazon.com/Symphonized-Sensation-Premium-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B0115PRL4G/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=0P28AT4JB3DH43ZGS57M

anyone heard this...the price n wood looks tempting :p

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #1,708 of 3,643
I'm sensitive to treble. Overall it has a 'crispy' sound signature. It's not exactly sibilant, but, for instance, piano notes have a kind of metallic ringing sound. But, it might be okay for other music.

M2BT is not comfortable (for me). In fact, painful. It clamps down on the ears, cartilage in ears start hurting and get hot not long after you put it on.

I'd say voices are a bit less pronounced and the mid-high spectrum is crispy indeed (but to me quite natural sounding). Acoustic guitars sound very nice. I particulary enjoy them with electronic music like Trentemoller - Evil Dub (deep but tight bass), atmospheric/progessive rock like Anathema - Untouchable, Pt. 2 and for instance Alabama Shakes (Sound and Color) which has very nice seperation.

Yes they do clamp strongly. I couldn't keep them on all day, but a few hours is fine.

The hiss is very minimal to my ears. I have to specifically pay attention to even notice it between songs.

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #1,709 of 3,643
  http://www.amazon.com/Symphonized-Sensation-Premium-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B0115PRL4G/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=0P28AT4JB3DH43ZGS57M

anyone heard this...the price n wood looks tempting :p

It looks like a polar opposite of the Symphony 1. I'm sure you'll love it.
tongue.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #1,710 of 3,643
I'd say voices are a bit less pronounced and the mid-high spectrum is crispy indeed (but to me quite natural sounding). Acoustic guitars sound very nice. I particulary enjoy them with electronic music like Trentemoller - Evil Dub (deep but tight bass), atmospheric/progessive rock like Anathema - Untouchable, Pt. 2 and for instance Alabama Shakes (Sound and Color) which has very nice seperation.

Yes they do clamp strongly. I couldn't keep them on all day, but a few hours is fine.

The hiss is very minimal to my ears. I have to specifically pay attention to even notice it between songs.

Yes, I agree. Electronic music is reproduced in a very engaging and lively way. Bass is great with these. Vocals sound a bit distant, as with. If anyone has ever used it before - they sound like turning on Creative x-fi crystalizer, which gives it a 'sparkly' presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back