Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Dec 23, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #1,711 of 3,643
hello,

I need some suggestions for buying new BT headphone for portable uses. Mostly for walking or in the train. I have using cabled K518dj for years, liked it, but it's already worn out. I tried to recabled it, but now it is somehow too bulky to take it outside.
My budget is around $150. And i prefer an On-Ear headphone as it smaller and lest bulky. I want a headphone that can be used for long lifetime (in terms of replaceable pads and replaceable battery)
I am thinking to purchase AKG Y45BT or Sony cans. I also read some positive reviews about Phillips MD2BT, but my budget is limited on 2ndhand price.
Do you guys have some advice for my next cans. Is there any significant disadvantage of 2ndhand cans?

regards.

Dec 24, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #1,712 of 3,643
  hello,

I need some suggestions for buying new BT headphone for portable uses. Mostly for walking or in the train. I have using cabled K518dj for years, liked it, but it's already worn out. I tried to recabled it, but now it is somehow too bulky to take it outside.
My budget is around $150. And i prefer an On-Ear headphone as it smaller and lest bulky. I want a headphone that can be used for long lifetime (in terms of replaceable pads and replaceable battery)
I am thinking to purchase AKG Y45BT or Sony cans. I also read some positive reviews about Phillips MD2BT, but my budget is limited on 2ndhand price.
Do you guys have some advice for my next cans. Is there any significant disadvantage of 2ndhand cans?

regards.

How about AKG Y50BT?

No problem with second hand in my opinion, I sold mine however due to the on-ear fit, which is not comfy.

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #1,713 of 3,643
  How about AKG Y50BT?

No problem with second hand in my opinion, I sold mine however due to the on-ear fit, which is not comfy.

thank you for your suggestion. i ended up with secondhand Fidelio M2BT. I got it for $100 without box :D
i'm only using for 3 hours now. the pad is super comfort, considering my old AKG was compressing my ears all the time. I need more listening time to review the sound. So far, it's good for bassy dance music.
Now i am preparing some lossless files to test the aptX from my xperia phone.

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #1,714 of 3,643
That's a great deal! They're great for electronic music, didn't want to go back to my shure IEMs after using them (although M2BT don't isolate enough for public transport, imo). When you realize you have no cables it's a great feeling. Connecting via NFC was pretty neat too, although I felt strange doing it in public...just a little :p

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #1,716 of 3,643
  Hello everyone,
I want to clean ear pads/ear cushions of the Backbeat Pro. However, I dont know how to remove ear pads.
Could you please guide me?
Thanks.

You cannot.
Not as far as I know. I would ask the support if there is a way to do it.
For the pads anyway you can do it carefully with a cloth moistened with some cleaning spray for windows (which do not make foam and do not need being rinsed).
You can do it also on the cloth which covers the driver, but your cleaning cloth must not be WET, just slightly sprayed.

Jan 3, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #1,717 of 3,643
Hello guys, as you see, I just cannot keep track of this thread, wonderful, growing so much.
Like my work :D

But I have tested a few headphones lately, and and I am happy to announce the world's first comparison of the only two BT Headphones which are DSP-Centric, Parrot Zik (in this case the Zik 2) and XTZ Headphone Divine.

Enjoy :)

Edit: I may need your help.
I wanted to link the most relevant comments/reviews/comparisons posted in this thread, to the respective Headphone in the list on my first post.
I did not. And now we have 115, which is amazing. But also impossible for me to read.
But if we divide it among more people, it can be done.
I need volunteers who can take 5, 10 or more pages and read them thoroughly, and write me a PM with the links to the posts they think are adding something important to the discussion on that headphone, or any comparison made.
To link a post you must click on the blue number preceded by # which you find on the top right corner of each post.
You can send me a PM with the quantity of pages which you are willing to go through, and I will assign you the pages.
THANKS A LOT, from me, and from the community.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #1,719 of 3,643
Mo too... assign me 20 pages!

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #1,720 of 3,643
Yuhu, thank you both, I'll send you a PM tomorrow.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I have made some changes (=took two days to almost completely re-write) to the first post to make it more effective, more "comparison", easier to read and as short as I could.

Feedbacks are welcome!

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #1,721 of 3,643
A new headphone was announced at the CES: "Sony MDR-100ABN  h.ear on Wireless NC" with NC, NFC and Bluetooth LDAC Hi-Res Audio but no word about aptX so far.

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #1,722 of 3,643
  A new headphone was announced at the CES: "Sony MDR-100ABN  h.ear on Wireless NC" with NC, NFC and Bluetooth LDAC Hi-Res Audio but no word about aptX so far.

And why on earth should it be called 100ABN instead of 1ABN now?
They're confusing me. Is that not supposing to be "just an 1ABT plus ANC"?

But it sounds great, they finally want to compete on the ANC market too.
Let's see what they can do.
But not offering Aptx just because now they have their own thing it would be a mistake. People may not want to buy a Sony Walkman or Mobile Phone with LDAC just because it sounds better than Aptx (IF it does. Before being able to judge this we should see other companies offering LDAC too). It would be better if 1) Sony keeps offering AAC and Aptx (even better if low latency), and 2) if they license the LDAC to other Companies.
I suppose that the 2 is more difficult, as at first they may want to see how much more they will sell if they force people to buy Sony to get LDAC.

Jan 8, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #1,723 of 3,643
Has anyone had a chance to test the plantronics backbeat sense? Haven't been able to find very much of anything on here about them.

Quite a few positive reviews on the Web, but not much here on Head-Fi.

I've just ordered a pair (amazon UK lightning deal at £59.99). I'll post a review when I've had a chance to listen to them. I'm now regretting opting for free delivery - I want them NOW. Serves me right for being a cheapskate, I suppose...

Jan 8, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #1,724 of 3,643
I'm now regretting opting for free delivery - I want them NOW. Serves me right for being a cheapskate, I suppose...

I know the feeling.
That's why I've ended subscribing to Prime.
Premium delivery for free. As much as you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back