Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Dec 3, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #1,653 of 3,643
So there is a sale on the B&O H8's looking at the pictures the headphones themselves look to be the same Size at the H6's and H7's only difference being the ear pad size. I wonder if you could buy the H8's and get a set of the H6 ear pads and them into an over the ear ANC set of bluetooth cans. 

Dec 4, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #1,654 of 3,643
  So there is a sale on the B&O H8's looking at the pictures the headphones themselves look to be the same Size at the H6's and H7's only difference being the ear pad size. I wonder if you could buy the H8's and get a set of the H6 ear pads and them into an over the ear ANC set of bluetooth cans. 

On sale where?

OK, I've had the B&O H8's for a couple of days now and they're just stunning, no other BT headphone I've heard comes remotely close. Deep, but not pushy bass - slightly loose so as not to be tiring. Full mids and scintillating trebble - maybe a little sibilant, but not much.

Incredible seperation and impressive sound-stage, and my god, so, so revealing. I've just listened to Perfect Life from Steven Wilson's Hand.Cannot.Erase and for the very first time I can clearly make out the lyrics. Astonishing.

They comfortable too and build-quality is well, Apple-esque...

A small note of warning though. When I first got them, the BT connection was very unstable, with the signal continually dropping-out, especially with the iPhone in the front jeans pocket. In fact I was on the verge of returning. However, B&O issued an update and it appears to have solved the problem.

I bought as "Warehouse Deal" from Amazon for a good price, I guess this is "Open Box" in USA - I always buy this way if possible with the full knowledge that Amazon takes back. In this case the previous 'owner'  had decided to keep the 3.5mm audio cable. However I don't really need that, never use wired, and Amazon offer me an extra €50 off the price, so in the end I'll pay €250 - which is quite a bargain!!

Really, really happy with these. They're very classy, but don't scream out "BLING" either (it's the dark-brown ones).

Sorry, I'll stop now
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #1,655 of 3,643

On sale where?

OK, I've had the B&O H8's for a couple of days now and they're just stunning, no other BT headphone I've heard comes remotely close. Deep, but not pushy bass - slightly loose so as not to be tiring. Full mids and scintillating trebble - maybe a little sibilant, but not much.

Incredible seperation and impressive sound-stage, and my god, so, so revealing. I've just listened to Perfect Life from Steven Wilson's Hand.Cannot.Erase and for the very first time I can clearly make out the lyrics. Astonishing.

They comfortable too and build-quality is well, Apple-esque...

A small note of warning though. When I first got them, the BT connection was very unstable, with the signal continually dropping-out, especially with the iPhone in the front jeans pocket. In fact I was on the verge of returning. However, B&O issued an update and it appears to have solved the problem.

I bought as "Warehouse Deal" from Amazon for a good price, I guess this is "Open Box" in USA - I always buy this way if possible with the full knowledge that Amazon takes back. In this case the previous 'owner'  had decided to keep the 3.5mm audio cable. However I don't really need that, never use wired, and Amazon offer me an extra €50 off the price, so in the end I'll pay €250 - which is quite a bargain!!

Really, really happy with these. They're very classy, but don't scream out "BLING" either (it's the dark-brown ones).

Sorry, I'll stop now
smily_headphones1.gif

on amazon US they are $50 dollars off right now. Like I said I would love ot pick the H8's up but really wanted an over ear not on ear which is why I was wondering if H6 ear pads might fit the H8's 

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #1,656 of 3,643
  on amazon US they are $50 dollars off right now. Like I said I would love ot pick the H8's up but really wanted an over ear not on ear which is why I was wondering if H6 ear pads might fit the H8's 

The ear-pads detach easily on the H8, they twist-off (in a very satisfactory way - just tight enough, lovely!), so it's quite feasible that it's the same setup on the H8.

You could email B&O, they're quite responsible or, better still, get your ass down to a deal and just try it out.

http://bogo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8629/~/how-do-i-replace-the-ear-cushions-on-beoplay-h2%2Fh6%2Fh7%2Fh8%3F

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #1,657 of 3,643

The ear-pads detach easily on the H8, they twist-off (in a very satisfactory way - just tight enough, lovely!), so it's quite feasible that it's the same setup on the H8.

You could email B&O, they're quite responsible or, better still, get your ass down to a deal and just try it out.

http://bogo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8629/~/how-do-i-replace-the-ear-cushions-on-beoplay-h2%2Fh6%2Fh7%2Fh8%3F

I do know how they detach (seen that link) but wondering if the H6 pads would be to big for the atchment point. form looking at pictures it looks like it might work. Sadly I dont have a B&O store around me to test it out. 

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #1,658 of 3,643
  I do know how they detach (seen that link) but wondering if the H6 pads would be to big for the atchment point. form looking at pictures it looks like it might work. Sadly I dont have a B&O store around me to test it out. 

Try asking here: http://forum.beoworld.org/

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #1,659 of 3,643
  it isnt the price...it is my bank account  :p

Haha that can be fixed next payday.
tongue.gif

It might jus be me....the ANC could work for u :)

Have you tried the Symphony 1 yet? They lack bass a little when the ANC is turned off though the effect of the ANC is really mild on the ears. You basically can't feel it after a few seconds and even that only really the first time you use them in a while.

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #1,660 of 3,643
off late, I have noticed myself going to a nearby electronics store every weekend to listen to the same headphone for an hour and then come out. Got addicted to that particular headphone. Today I thought its time to buy as it was 5th time going to same store and listening to same headphone...MDR-1ABT

I don't know to write a review but I basically take 3 cases to choose any audio equipment. this is applicable only for the complete audio chain, not for any individual component

case: 1) after playing music, I feel its bad and want to skip to next track and see how that is, even that is bad...leave it

case 2) immediately after playing music, there will be a goosebump, I feel 'WoW'. I will tell myself "This is the headphone I want, let me see how next track sounds..." then I feel "even this track sounds great and let me see.." so basically I keep on changing tracks without completing full track to experience sound quality in different tracks...this is the headphone I may want but not the one I need as it may be exciting at first but not a addictive one

case 3) when I play 1st track, I feel "Its good, not bad...."...now my mind tells me to change track and see how next track sounds...but something stops me from changing track without completing the current playing track...that addictive force I call it as 'Musical'....

"AAC->iPhone 6->Bluetooth->Sony MDR-1ABT" is musical

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #1,661 of 3,643
Haha that can be fixed next payday. :p  

Have you tried the Symphony 1 yet? They lack bass a little when the ANC is turned off though the effect of the ANC is really mild on the ears. You basically can't feel it after a few seconds and even that only really the first time you use them in a while.

Tried it 3times...v comfy encapsulating pads..
Fullbodied..deep spacious clear sound..lovely can.
My tgt price is 200...lol

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #1,663 of 3,643
Tried it 3times...v comfy encapsulating pads..
Fullbodied..deep spacious clear sound..lovely can.
My tgt price is 200...lol

Lol I went through the same thing. Tried as many cheaper ones as I could hoping could save my wallet. Didn't work. Settled on the Symphony 1 and haven't looked back. My bank account did take its time to recover though haha.

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #1,664 of 3,643
  off late, I have noticed myself going to a nearby electronics store every weekend to listen to the same headphone for an hour and then come out. Got addicted to that particular headphone. Today I thought its time to buy as it was 5th time going to same store and listening to same headphone...MDR-1ABT

I don't know to write a review but I basically take 3 cases to choose any audio equipment. this is applicable only for the complete audio chain, not for any individual component

case: 1) after playing music, I feel its bad and want to skip to next track and see how that is, even that is bad...leave it

case 2) immediately after playing music, there will be a goosebump, I feel 'WoW'. I will tell myself "This is the headphone I want, let me see how next track sounds..." then I feel "even this track sounds great and let me see.." so basically I keep on changing tracks without completing full track to experience sound quality in different tracks...this is the headphone I may want but not the one I need as it may be exciting at first but not a addictive one

case 3) when I play 1st track, I feel "Its good, not bad...."...now my mind tells me to change track and see how next track sounds...but something stops me from changing track without completing the current playing track...that addictive force I call it as 'Musical'....

"AAC->iPhone 6->Bluetooth->Sony MDR-1ABT" is musical

small update, actually my macbook air with MDR-1ABT sounds much better than iphone 6 (may be due to aptx in macbook air)

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #1,665 of 3,643
post #419Quote:

From the B&O H6-thread post #419:

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/c/c7/100x100px-LS-c712137c_72N9cJJ.jpeg[/img]
  1. Scorpion667
  2. badge_100.v1509773630.png
  4. offline
  1. 448 Posts. Joined 12/2012

I now have both the H6 and H8 in my possession. I'll try putting the H6 pads on the H8 once I get home.

For those that found H6 to be bass light (perfect amount for me actually), the H8 has more bass quantity for sure.

[edit] H6 and H8 cups are not interchangeable due to different inner circumference.
Edited by Scorpion667 - 5/18/15 at 8:24pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back