How Many Cans are Enough?!?
Sep 12, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #106 of 111
Quote:
Remind of what my workmate said when asked what is the optimal number of bikes a biker should own.
Answer was, "n + 1, where n is what you have currently."

So true! That's why I'm trying to decide between, Shure, Audio Teechnica and Denon to be the maker of my next set. Plus I need something to replace my ATH-M10's as my portable rig.
Currently I own:
AKG K172 (for super clarity/critical listening)
Beyerdynamic DT770-por 80 (pleasant sound +MAD BASS)

Audio Technica ATH-M10 (portable)

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #107 of 111
I currently use two pair: HD 600s for home use and Ety ER4s for portable and home use. Both sound great through my Grace m902 but I am considering getting a tube amp (I have always benn a solid state guy) to try in my other set up.

I am really happy with both and really do not see the need for any others- may try an Audeze in the future, but the fear of becomming addicted to headphone rolling as so many here have sucumbed to has me "just saying no..."

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #108 of 111
i currently have two headphones and one IEM..
i might need another IEM soon.

but for the cans, i guess two is enough..
..for now? who knows, i might decide to go get some more.
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #109 of 111
Quote:
i might need another IEM soon.

"need" - a good way to put it. It's truly amazing how we justify what we need. I totally needed a second IEM too. 

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #110 of 111
I am trying to cut down my inventory (by selling some) at the moment.

Right now, I have about 5 pairs in rotation.  Alessandro MS1 (which I am selling), the Jaycar Digitech Pro Monitors, Monoprice 8320, Koss PortaPros and the JVC FX101.

I also have about 3 other pairs just laying around my house, not in use.  Or brand new still in the boxes (which I am also trying to sell).

Once I get rid of about 4 of those pairs, I do plan on getting the V-Moda M-80 and hopefully be done buying for a while.

Sep 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #111 of 111
Trying to cut down my collection due to the fact that I need the funds and I'm trying to live more simply with fewer cans. It's always sad to see my cans go though. However, I feel a little more peace and get to bandage up my wallet. It's also good to pass them on to the community for a good price, so that someone can have the opportunity to enjoy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back