How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #2,701 of 3,657
You probably make no effort to EQ.

Aug 27, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #2,702 of 3,657
Digital sound is still lacking (to my ears) no matter what cable you use.
How is that when digital sound is exact transparent to what is originally recorded? But on a second not thats because cables don't matter.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #2,704 of 3,657
Analog sound is highly lacking for all the source material I can actually acquire. Vinyl has tons of noise and pops and clicks. Cassette tapes are now potatoes with no fidelity since they are 30 years old. 8 track.. nopers.

Aug 28, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #2,705 of 3,657
I was imagining today (in a PM with my friend @Kammerat Rebekka here) to suggest people to change the cables of their coffee makers (with a very good power cable) and maybe their perception would be:

A. The coffee acquires another incredible taste.
B. They can hear more smoothly the sound when preparing their preferred coffee...

You can suggest more options, use your imagination :upside_down:

Aug 28, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #2,706 of 3,657
I just posted a question about usb cables in that thread. I'm sure it's not going to go over well.

As predicted, no one would answer my question which I thought was a valid question. Basically how does a usb cable change the sound characteristics of the music and described how the cable worked and the dac and source.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #2,708 of 3,657
Debunking the pseudoscience...

I was sure it was a hoax from some dude pulling our leg to see what can be published, like the chicken chicken chicken paper.

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #2,709 of 3,657
I was sure it was a hoax from some dude pulling our leg to see what can be published, like the chicken chicken chicken paper.
I of course have been banned from that thread for asking a question which is complete bs.

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #2,710 of 3,657
I of course have been banned from that thread for asking a question which is complete bs.

Just one more reminder that in 2022, actual facts take a back seat to the subjective opinions of those who think that 5 minutes of internet "research" somehow supersedes the knowledge of those who have spent decades working with a particular technology.

That thread is a particularly good example of this phenomenon. Right up there with the thread on "audiophile" Ethernet switches and how they act as repeatable EQ - 802 standards be damned...

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #2,711 of 3,657
Just one more reminder that in 2022, actual facts take a back seat to the subjective opinions of those who think that 5 minutes of internet "research" somehow supersedes the knowledge of those who have spent decades working with a particular technology.

That thread is a particularly good example of this phenomenon. Right up there with the thread on "audiophile" Ethernet switches and how they act as repeatable EQ - 802 standards be damned...
Yep I was reading another ridiculous thread on ethernet cables and couldn't belive the rubbish in it. It just kept getting worse and worse. You replied many times in it. People are so blissfully ignorant and double down on the misinformation no matter what facts and science you present. It's crazy. They can't answer how anything actually works and just deflect with oh I hear a difference and it drives me nuts because it's impossible and so foolish. It just makes people look dumb when they push impossible stuff like ethernet and usb cables change sound characteristics like bass and soundstage. Make the music more clear or less shrill or sibilant.

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #2,712 of 3,657
Yep I was reading another ridiculous thread on ethernet cables and couldn't belive the rubbish in it. It just kept getting worse and worse. You replied many times in it. People are so blissfully ignorant and double down on the misinformation no matter what facts and science you present. It's crazy. They can't answer how anything actually works and just deflect with oh I hear a difference and it drives me nuts because it's impossible and so foolish. It just makes people look dumb when they push impossible stuff like ethernet and usb cables change sound characteristics like bass and soundstage. Make the music more clear or less shrill or sibilant.

The behavior in those threads is mostly a defense mechanism. It's very hard for people to acknowledge that they are incorrect, particularly after they've spent 4 figures on a USB and/or Ethernet cable.

No amount of actual knowledge can compete with Dunning Kruger - they're audiophiles who've read marketing content from people with a profit motive and now know that decades of published research is wrong.

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #2,713 of 3,657
The behavior in those threads is mostly a defense mechanism. It's very hard for people to acknowledge that they are incorrect, particularly after they've spent 4 figures on a USB and/or Ethernet cable.

No amount of actual knowledge can compete with Dunning Kruger - they're audiophiles who've read marketing content from people with a profit motive and now know that decades of published research is wrong.
Most of my posts got deleted in the thread I posted which is typical censorship of this website in an echo chamber thread. They left the original question up and that's it.

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #2,714 of 3,657
Most of my posts got deleted in the thread I posted which is typical censorship of this website in an echo chamber thread. They left the original question up and that's it.

I saw your posts and the responses.

What happened to you is why I rarely respond to those threads any longer - being 100% factually accurate isn't enough to prevent posts from being deleted. Clearly, we aren't going to be able post information that may show vendors in a negative light.

I understand the reality of this as without advertising, Head-Fi wouldn't exist as we know it, but wish that the bar wasn't tilted so far in the favor of vendors that we can't even discuss known operational parameters.

Aug 29, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #2,715 of 3,657
I saw your posts and the responses.

What happened to you is why I rarely respond to those threads any longer - being 100% factually accurate isn't enough to prevent posts from being deleted. Clearly, we aren't going to be able post information that may show vendors in a negative light.

I understand the reality of this as without advertising, Head-Fi wouldn't exist as we know it, but wish that the bar wasn't tilted so far in the favor of vendors that we can't even discuss known operational parameters.
What makes me angry was I was extremely polite and open for responses yet was attacked and my responses were deleted and I was banned. I have been around here for a very long time. I am not a new member. He'll I was an original member of the original head-fi before this account. It just baffling. It shows that the mods no longer are interested in truthful open discussion of audio technology. I miss the days when Jude actually cared and was more involved and the site was less about money and more about the truth and discovery about audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back