How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #2,716 of 3,657
What makes me angry was I was extremely polite and open for responses yet was attacked and my responses were deleted and I was banned. I have been around here for a very long time. I am not a new member. He'll I was an original member of the original head-fi before this account. It just baffling. It shows that the mods no longer are interested in truthful open discussion of audio technology. I miss the days when Jude actually cared and was more involved and the site was less about money and more about the truth and discovery about audio.

Once there's a financial motivation, objectivity tends to go out the window.

I saw you take a lot of personal attacks - at this point, I think our "audiophile" members have realized that going on the attack will get factual posts deleted along with their insults.

Aug 29, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #2,717 of 3,657
Once there's a financial motivation, objectivity tends to go out the window.

I saw you take a lot of personal attacks - at this point, I think our "audiophile" members have realized that going on the attack will get factual posts deleted along with their insults.
I guess I'll stick my arguments to sound science and just ignore the fools.

Aug 29, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #2,718 of 3,657
I guess I'll stick my arguments to sound science and just ignore the fools.

That thread is still going - even with the posts removed, the usual suspects are still whining.

Bet you $1 USD that in the next 24 hours, someone calls those that don't believe the marketing claims a "flat earther" in that thread. I love the irony of those inevitable responses.

They're already going on with the usual "You can't have a position without listening to the cable in your system". As if science isn't valid unless personally confirmed - who knows, gravity might not work as expected - need to jump off that building...

Aug 29, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #2,719 of 3,657
That thread is still going - even with the posts removed, the usual suspects are still whining.

Bet you $1 USD that in the next 24 hours, someone calls those that don't believe the marketing claims a "flat earther" in that thread. I love the irony of those inevitable responses.

They're already going on with the usual "You can't have a position without listening to the cable in your system". As if science isn't valid unless personally confirmed - who knows, gravity might not work as expected - need to jump off that building...
It's ironic ar those are the flat earthers. They are the ones that refuse to believe science. They are the small minute sub category that believe in magic and impossibility.

Aug 29, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #2,720 of 3,657
How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference.

Hum. 🤔

Money ? Sex ?... All of that. 😇

I want to be convinced. 😋

Aug 29, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #2,721 of 3,657
Hey!
Happy to see a thread based on science. The sad reality is that we do live in a world where economics (capitalism) rules... and in order to keep the status quo, it might be convenient to overlook "science".
stay safe!

Aug 29, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #2,722 of 3,657
How do I convince people that recent messenger RNA injections DO NOT make a difference.

😁😅😇

Aug 29, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #2,723 of 3,657
Sep 1, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #2,724 of 3,657
What makes me angry was I was extremely polite and open for responses yet was attacked and my responses were deleted and I was banned.
It doesn’t make any difference; polite, authoritative, open, absolute/closed. It also doesn’t make any difference if you mention or reference science or if you deliberately avoid it and just use simple facts and logic instead. The shills, extremists and trolls will attack regardless and the mods will delete your posts. I’ve spent time on certain posts deliberately avoiding any mention or reference to science, even any indirect reference to science and still had them deleted on the grounds that they’re science and should only be posted in the Sound Science subforum!
It just baffling. It shows that the mods no longer are interested in truthful open discussion of audio technology.
That’s because there can no longer be any truthful discussion of modern audio technology! There can be instruction of the fundamental principles of how it works but not any rational/truthful discussion. We could have an effectively theoretical discussion, EG. Impressive or not so impressive specs/numbers which are all inaudible regardless. And of course we could have a discussion about historical audio technologies from ages past which were superseded decades ago (wax cylinders, tubes, vinyl, DAC topologies like R2R and NOS and various other examples). But no practical truthful discussion of modern audio terminology.

The only real exception to the above is transducers but Head-fi limits itself to just headphones, so that’s really the only thing we can have a truthful discussion about.

So, it’s not really baffling at all. If Head-Fi prioritised truthful facts/science or even just allowed it these days, it would decimate it’s advertising revenue, which is very largely reliant on snake oil. The only thing I find baffling is why this subforum is still allowed to exist, although it is in a remote corner of the site and we’re attacked and censored if we venture out to any of the other subforum.

Head-Fi has become a ridiculous contradiction. Audio technology (or any technology) is the practical application of scientific knowledge, so how can you have a discussion forum for audio technology where scientific knowledge is banned? Unfortunately, especially in this “post-truth” world, this is somehow not ridiculous, it’s actually pretty much normal. With the right influencer (or ex-president or prime-minister) you could probably rebrand Monty Python sketches as factual documentaries!

G

PS: Rant over :)

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #2,725 of 3,657
How do I convince people that recent messenger RNA injections DO NOT make a difference.
A. Donate large sums of money to certain GOP senators.
B. Employ Dominic Cummings to develop a campaign strategy.
C. Commission a scientific paper by Reiss, Stuart, Kunchur or Oohashi.
D. Advertise on social media.

Getting an audiophile marketer would seem an obvious addition to this list as convincing people of falsehoods is their job. However, their expertise is in convincing people that everything does make a difference, so I’m not sure if they could handle convincing people of a falsehood the other way around, that something does not make a difference. :)

G

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #2,726 of 3,657
A. Donate large sums of money to certain GOP senators.
B. Employ Dominic Cummings to develop a campaign strategy.
C. Commission a scientific paper by Reiss, Stuart, Kunchur or Oohashi.
D. Advertise on social media.

Getting an audiophile marketer would seem an obvious addition to this list as convincing people of falsehoods is their job. However, their expertise is in convincing people that everything does make a difference, so I’m not sure if they could handle convincing people of a falsehood the other way around, that something does not make a difference. :)

G
Um... I think at some point, if something is really wrong, it doesn't stand the test of time.

Something to think about. :beerchug:

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #2,728 of 3,657
Um... I think at some point, if something is really wrong, it doesn't stand the test of time.
I think that’s often the case but it depends on how much time we’re talking about. Most of the “issues” regarding digital audio raised by audiophiles/marketing were put to bed more than 2 decades ago, with amps 3 decades or more and audiophile cables have been around for what, 40-50 years? And yet here we still are.

G

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #2,729 of 3,657
I think that’s often the case but it depends on how much time we’re talking about. Most of the “issues” regarding digital audio raised by audiophiles/marketing were put to bed more than 2 decades ago, with amps 3 decades or more and audiophile cables have been around for what, 40-50 years? And yet here we still are.

G
Yes absolutly.

I think the first so-called "audiophile cables" date from the 70s : Mogami for example.

When you listen to Yoshihiko Kannari's recordings at Three Blind Mice for exemple, it makes you think... a lot.

About cables and recording techniques... :beyersmile:

Sep 1, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #2,730 of 3,657
When you listen to Yoshihiko Kannari's recordings at Three Blind Mice for exemple, it makes you think... a lot.

About cables and recording techniques...
It makes me think about recording techniques from a historical perspective but why would it make me think about cables?

G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back