How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #2,747 of 3,657
Why you dont accept the fact that some people have better hearing skills from some other people??

There's a significant difference between discussing the variability of human hearing and making claims that would require hearing far beyond known auditory capability.

Bluntly, there have been dozens of people who have made the same claim you are making in this thread and others in Sound Science. To date, none of them have been able to substantiate those claims. If you want to continue, please share, in detail, how your blind tests were constructed, how many trials the subjects took, and what their accuracy rates were. Or show measurements indicating that the difference exists.

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #2,748 of 3,657
Why you dont accept the fact that some people have better hearing skills from some other people??
But I do accept that, in fact my job depends on that fact.

What I don’t accept is that anyone can run 100m in 0.0000009 seconds or have hearing a million times more sensitive than a human being!!

G

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #2,749 of 3,657
There's a significant difference between discussing the variability of human hearing and making claims that would require hearing far beyond known auditory capability.

Bluntly, there have been dozens of people who have made the same claim you are making in this thread and others in Sound Science. To date, none of them have been able to substantiate those claims. If you want to continue, please share, in detail, how your blind tests were constructed, how many trials the subjects took, and what their accuracy rates were. Or show measurements indicating that the difference exists.
Had my eyes blind and i had my high quality microphone and singing without music .. and everytime my friend who is also sound engineer like me he changed the cable i was able to tell him everytime which cable was used..

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #2,750 of 3,657
Had my eyes blind and i had my high quality microphone and singing without music .. and everytime my friend who is also sound engineer like me he changed the cable i was able to tell him everytime which cable was used..

You're going to have to provide a lot more detail about your testing than that. It doesn't sound like you were even comparing the same audio content - are you saying you sung into the mic using different cables then listened to that back to compare the cables? If so, all you likely heard was the differences in your sung versions.

BTW, "Blind Testing" doesn't require you to cover your eyes, just to not be aware of the switching.

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #2,751 of 3,657
Had my eyes blind and i had my high quality microphone and singing without music
If you were singing, how could you hear the differences between cables? Please explain exactly how you ran this test.

G

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #2,752 of 3,657
You're going to have to provide a lot more detail about your testing than that. It doesn't sound like you were even comparing the same audio content - are you saying you sung into the mic using different cables then listened to that back to compare the cables? If so, all you likely heard was the differences in your sung versions.

BTW, "Blind Testing" doesn't require you to cover your eyes, just to not be aware of the switching.
man i did this test by hearing the samples of these cables which many people provide on youtube.. everytime i can recognise the difference from vovox cable vs standard cables… but after all.. i hear and i feel the difference for my self when i sing or play.. and since i am happy with it i dont need to proof more things to people who are not able to feel and hear the difference… for these people me and many other that we can hear the difference we are just crazy and insane people..

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #2,753 of 3,657
man i did this test by hearing the samples of these cables which many people provide on youtube.. everytime i can recognise the difference from vovox cable vs standard cables… but after all.. i hear and i feel the difference for my self when i sing or play.. and since i am happy with it i dont need to proof more things to people who are not able to feel and hear the difference… for these people me and many other that we can hear the difference we are just crazy and insane people..

So you didn't actually perform any valid testing, you listened to recordings other people made then published to Youtube? What happened to your claim of blind testing these yourself?

And out of all of the possible valid technical reasons there could be differences, you determined that it was the cables used, not Youtube's codecs, not in the equipment used to make the recordings, not differences in the samples, etc.

I am not a professional recording engineer. Frankly based on your posts, I'm struggling to believe you are.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #2,754 of 3,657
man i did this test by hearing the samples of these cables which many people provide on youtube.. everytime i can recognise the difference from vovox cable vs standard cables
Hang on, you said you did a blind test by singing into a mic. Now you seem to be admitting that was a lie and you just used samples others created on YouTube?!
i hear and i feel the difference for my self when i sing or play..
No, you do not hear or feel the difference. The differences are way, way below audibility!
and since i am happy with it i dont need to proof more things to people who are not able to feel and hear the difference
Of course you do! If your are going to come on to a public forum and effectively claim your hearing is 10,000 times more sensitive than any human being in history then you do have to provide some reliable evidence of such an astonishing claim!
for these people me and many other that we can hear the difference we are just crazy and insane people..
Not at all, people who claim they can run 440,000kph or hear differences at 0.001dB are of course entirely sane!

If you are actually a sound engineer, then why don’t you measure the performance of the two cables or do a null test?

G

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #2,755 of 3,657
Hang on, you said you did a blind test by singing into a mic. Now you seem to be admitting that was a lie and you just used samples others created on YouTube?!

No, you do not hear or feel the difference. The differences are way, way below audibility!

Of course you do! If your are going to come on to a public forum and effectively claim your hearing is 10,000 times more sensitive than any human being in history then you do have to provide some reliable evidence of such an astonishing claim!

Not at all, people who claim they can run 440,000kph or hear differences at 0.001dB are of course entirely sane!

If you are actually a sound engineer, then why don’t you measure the performance of the two cables or do a null test?

G
I have first heard the youtube videos and when i heard the difference from there and even from crappy laptop speakers i said to my self that i must try for my self these cables.. then i bought my first vovox cables and i shocked when i tryed both in studio and in my live gigs.. .. so at the end you believe.. that i am a guy which i wana come to a forum with 3 posts or 5 posts ?? In a forum that no body will ever remember my name or will never meet me in person and so what?? To claim that i hear and brag about the money i spent?? Or do you think that i am stupid enough to spend so much money for my imagination?? Believe it or not i hear a difference and i dont care if you dont hear or you dont believe me… end of discussion for me.. and for your record measurements have done many many times from all of these companys like vovox or klotz or mogami.. they are not stupid and they are not awarded for no reason..

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #2,756 of 3,657
I have first heard the youtube videos and when i heard the difference from there and even from crappy laptop speakers i said to my self that i must try for my self these cables.. then i bought my first vovox cables and i shocked when i tryed both in studio and in my live gigs.. .. so at the end you believe.. that i am a guy which i wana come to a forum with 3 posts or 5 posts ?? In a forum that no body will ever remember my name or will never meet me in person and so what?? To claim that i hear and brag about the money i spent?? Or do you think that i am stupid enough to spend so much money for my imagination?? Believe it or not i hear a difference and i dont care if you dont hear or you dont believe me… end of discussion for me.. and for your record measurements have done many many times from all of these companys like vovox or klotz or mogami.. they are not stupid and they are not awarded for no reason..

Nice rant. Entirely lacking objective data though. You state vovox, klotz and mogami have measurements supporting your claims - now would be an excellent time to share those links.

I don't doubt that you believe you hear a difference. I do very seriously doubt that there is an audible difference between cables, or that you could successfully identify these cables in a properly constructed blind test.

It's hard to give you any credibility when you change your description of what you tested and how those tests were performed in 3 consecutive posts.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #2,757 of 3,657
No, they’re not even the tiniest part of the equation, let alone a full part. The mics and everything else I mentioned are part of the equation, the cables are not, they make no difference.

G

Totally desagree with this statement.

But, this isn't very important, in fact.

Only life and real experience have the right answer. 😉

And I do have the right answer already, so it isn't matter, to me. 😇

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #2,758 of 3,657
then i bought my first vovox cables and i shocked when i tryed both in studio and in my live gigs.. .. so at the end you believe..
Not if you’re an engineer you don’t. What you actually do is some reliable measuring and testing! If you didn’t do that and instead just believed what you thought you heard, then you are not a real engineer and that’s just another lie!!
Or do you think that i am stupid enough to spend so much money for my imagination??
From everything you’ve said so far it’s increasingly difficult to come to any other conclusion!
and for your record measurements have done many many times from all of these companys like vovox or klotz or mogami.. they are not stupid and they are not awarded for no reason..
They are not stupid and neither are all the real engineers in the world’s top studios! Which is why they don’t care if they use Klotz, Van Damme or other relatively cheap, standard mic cables.

G

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #2,759 of 3,657
Brand new klotz microphone cable vs vovox sonorus direct.. nothing was broken or wrong

I know very well the Vovox Sonorus = great product. It was mine long time ago.

It is used by Stockfish Records. 👍

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #2,760 of 3,657
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back