How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #2,776 of 3,657
Yes, I'm interested in QM. Right now, I'm interested in how you believe QM will impact our baseline knowledge of Earth's gravity. And how your questioning of QM/gravity impacts your daily life, because we're discussing some very basic science around cables.

While we will certainly learn more/refine our learning around both QM/gravity and cables/performance, I don't expect any of that new knowledge will completely supersede what we know today. I may be proven wrong, but that's going to require objective evidence, not random philosophical discussion.

Good.

Cable discussions always opens up vast perspectives. 😇👌👍

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #2,777 of 3,657
Or, as a deflection when the facts they have quoted to support their audiophile marketing myths are shown to be false!

G

Exactly - it's an easy out for those who want to believe the marketing over the evidence.

Throwing stuff at the wall in the hopes that something might stick is not science, it's a form of whataboutism being used as a substitute for facts.

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #2,778 of 3,657
If you were singing, how could you hear the differences between cables? Please explain exactly how you ran this test.

G
When you speak or sing you dont hear your voice?? You dont feel the response of the microphone?? I even notice speed of response from cables.. i am very sorry that you cant even hear your self or when speak or sing you cant hear your self and cant recognise your voice sound

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #2,779 of 3,657
Exactly - it's an easy out for those who want to believe the marketing over the evidence.

Throwing stuff at the wall in the hopes that something might stick is not science, it's a form of whataboutism being used as a substitute for facts.
Not an argument.

Just a believer behavior. 😉

Be aware of your own speech.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #2,781 of 3,657
Sorry about that.

There is no one more deaf than the one who does not want to hear.

This is the point. Exactly the point. 😉

So good night, I have a movie to see. 🎥👍

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #2,782 of 3,657
When you speak or sing you dont hear your voice?? You dont feel the response of the microphone?? I even notice speed of response from cables.. i am very sorry that you cant even hear your self or when speak or sing you cant hear your self and cant recognise your voice sound

So much for your claims of "blind testing". We're now back to full on subjective opinions, none of which appear to have any relevance to audio cables.

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #2,783 of 3,657

Can you explain me by science frequency numbers .. what we the musicians call i feel my guitar very hard at my hands when playing please make it softer and by changing some frequencys from eq the musician feel it softer and easier to play and not get his hand tired and hurt?? How this happen because all of you scientists of sound you cant feel or understand that some frequencys are making our ears give us hapiness and some others make us sad or mad… its same thing with the music .. some music pieces are smooth and sweet with sweet frequencys and some other pieces with aggresive and offensive frequencys.. i hope you can understand what i mean because my english are not the best

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #2,784 of 3,657
When you speak or sing you dont hear your voice??
Of course I do. What I don’t hear and what no human can possibly hear is cable differences millions of times lower in level than that!
You dont feel the response of the microphone??
How can you feel the response of a microphone? A microphone responds by producing a tiny electrical current.
I even notice speed of response from cables..
Of course you do, can you also run at near the speed of light?

G

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #2,785 of 3,657
Can you explain me by science frequency numbers .. what we the musicians call i feel my guitar very hard at my hands when playing please make it softer and by changing some frequencys from eq the musician feel it softer and easier to play and not get his hand tired and hurt?? How this happen because all of you scientists of sound you cant feel or understand that some frequencys are making our ears give us hapiness and some others make us sad or mad… its same thing with the music .. some music pieces are smooth and sweet with sweet frequencys and some other pieces with aggresive and offensive frequencys.. i hope you can understand what i mean because my english are not the best

How about we stick to your original claims about cables and not deflect to entirely unrelated topics. It should be rather obvious that changing how you play an instrument will result in audible differences and/or emotional responses. Unfortunately for this discussion, a cable is not a musical instrument, nor does a properly built cable audibly alter frequency response.

FWIW, your English is very good, Your grasp of audio science? Not so much.

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #2,786 of 3,657
Can you explain me by science frequency numbers .. what we the musicians call i feel my guitar very hard at my hands when playing please make it softer and by changing some frequencys from eq the musician feel it softer and easier to play and not get his hand tired and hurt??
Hang on, if you’re a sound engineer as you claimed then you would already know the answer to that question!
How this happen because all of you scientists of sound you cant feel or understand that some frequencys are making our ears give us hapiness and some others make us sad or mad…
Pythagoras worked that out over 2,000 years ago!

G

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #2,787 of 3,657
Hang on, if you’re a sound engineer as you claimed then you would already know the answer to that question!

G

In 2022, everyone claims to be a Sound Engineer if they've ever made a recording. I feel your pain - everyone who can plug in an Ethernet cable claims to be a Network Engineer...

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #2,788 of 3,657
How about we stick to your original claims about cables and not deflect to entirely unrelated topics. It should be rather obvious that changing how you play an instrument will result in audible differences and/or emotional responses. Unfortunately for this discussion, a cable is not a musical instrument, nor does a properly built cable audibly alter frequency response.

FWIW, your English is very good, Your grasp of audio science? Not so much.
by your writing seems that you dont have much experience of performing musician or singer… how a singer can understand the difference from 2 microphones when both the singing try are different a bit slightly different for example some words are a bit less dynamic etc.. but still when the singer try a piannisimo to fortisimo dynamic difference notes he can hear difference from a microphone to microphone for example from a shure beta 58a to shure ksm8.. with exactly the same way can understand hear and feel the difference from a cable.. ofc the difference is a lot smaller that the 2 microphones but its still audible for people who have the hearing skill and know how to hear things…

at the end only if you have trained your ear you can notice the sound differences from cable to cable.. and we the musicians and sound engineers we are training our ears everyday.. when i get a music theme and i start writing down all the notes i hear.. this mean my ears are skilled to do that..

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #2,789 of 3,657

G
I know the answer thats why i made the question to you. Because if you cant understand how this works then you will never be able to feel the difference in your ears from a cable

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #2,790 of 3,657
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back