HM-901
Oct 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #2,341 of 3,522
Nah but they'll no doubt bring one out to keep in with the image line of the Dx50 and to keep up with the Hifiman and A&K ranges. Branding wise it pays for companies to be consistent with their design and manufacturing... the Dx50 stands out too much for them to not have another version in the works .

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #2,342 of 3,522
Ok... no, Ibasso have not got an updated model in mind and are standing by their Dx100 in defiance of the rest:

----------------------------------

Hi, Sir,
Maybe you feel the DX100 isnt as good as the other products that you mentioned. However, we hold a different opinion.  Also, we dont have plan to develop a new prorducts, such as a DX200 at this moment.

Sincerely
iBasos Audio

----------------------------------

Good on them.
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #2,345 of 3,522
But a goooooood one perhaps :wink:

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #2,348 of 3,522
+1
Give us Fix the DSD support as bonus instead, pleeeeease

Corrected it for ya :wink:. Already has but just dodgy with hiss and not supporting all DSD64 formats. However, I'm already concerned about it's performance without DSD support. CPU/mem upgrade would be nice.

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #2,350 of 3,522
As I see it, they should address, by order of priority (my priorities):
  1. Stability of the firmware...you still have anoying freezing or restarts from time to time
  2. Usability of tags in the UI. So far I am have to navigate by folder, too many bugs by album
  3. Have a decent playlist function
  4. Fix the DSD playback. I do not really care, but if it is there, it should work. Only thing is that with DSD, battery would last something like 10mn

I do not give a crappy crap about an EQ. The player sounds wonderfuls and sufficiently flat to my ears, and if earphones do not sound good with it, do not buy them is my motto...

But my main wish is that they would come up with a way to improve battery life.

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #2,352 of 3,522
Battery life using what card? People have to sure they're speaking on relevant terms with such a 'diverse' device.

Its a brilliant player regardless of the few set backs, have no doubt they'll get there with it all.

In re the EQ setting....

-------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Our engineer said they were considering this, but this function may not complete in near future. 

That's OK that you purchase AK120. It is quite portable. 

If we can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact us. 

Best regards,
HIFIMAN Customer Service Team 
--------------------------------------------------------

Having a flat sound is an option you can have as part of an EQ option to colour the sound to your tastes/needs etc, there are too many instances to think of where a person might want to bring forward or recess a certain part of a recording, we aren't all consumers of music, some produce it, some listen to field recordings etc having something is far better than it not being there at all.

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #2,353 of 3,522
I'm sure he will eventually have DSD playback. I have a second battery so I'm covered and I rather have better SQ than trying to fix with EQ. I love this DAP and never really felt this way with any other DAP.

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #2,354 of 3,522
  • Fix the DSD playback. I do not really care, but if it is there, it should work. Only thing is that with DSD, battery would last something like 10mn

I can only imagine that with balance card, the battery performance will be even poorer...

I am too cheap to buy another battery just to listen to 10min of music...

Should i get the iem card because i always bring a backup player in case 901 runs out of juice?

Oct 11, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #2,355 of 3,522
Another battery will double playing time for you. Going from Balanced to IEM amp - I guess not. That's my thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back