HM-901
Sep 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #1,997 of 3,522
Quote:
I love the sound of this DAP. I think I am set for a while.

well since you have the balanced amp board, why not just pick up the RE600?  aren't that expensive and may surprise you with how them sound....

em.. no likey cans... for myself I am having a pair of jh13pro incoming, would transparent sound+fast tight bass+big sound stage float your boat also?  
size]

Sep 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #1,998 of 3,522
Quote:
Was none of the above but I took out the amp card and put it back in and...problem solved...I feel much better.

Listening to my 1plus2 with silver gold...lovely.

Now what new friend to get for my 901? Fitear 335, 435 or Hidition NT6?

Since you already have the SE5, why not go for average_joe's other top dog, the Hidition NT6 Pro. I am loving mine. AJs stats show that for him the NT6 Pro easily beats the JH line and most other popular brands at what they do best: http://theheadphonelist.com/ciem-list/?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email. Besides, our NT6 Pro community is pretty quite and could use someone such as yourself with a voice and all the goodies to drive it properly, to discuss their pairings, and to provide prospective. 
smile.gif

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #1,999 of 3,522
Since you already have the SE5, why not go for average_joe's other top dog, the Hidition NT6 Pro. I am loving mine. AJs stats show that for him the NT6 Pro easily beats the JH line and most other popular brands at what they do best: http://theheadphonelist.com/ciem-list/?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email
. Besides, our NT6 Pro community is pretty quite and could use someone such as yourself with a voice and all the goodies to drive it properly, to discuss their pairings, and to provide prospective. 
smile.gif

I agree with Barra, join us Mimouille and get nt6 pros!

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #2,001 of 3,522
Sep 3, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #2,003 of 3,522
My question is... How do I get them? I live in the Philippines but I can get from the US...

I'm not sure that I understand the question, but if you need help ordering I would be glad to assist.

Hidition is a S. Korean company that I communicated with through email and paid through their web site. The US FTA made the delivery process real quick and easy. I am not sure how that would work with the Philippines, but it is probably very similar. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #2,005 of 3,522
The headphone determines if they are balanced. The connector just dictates what piece of equipment you can connect too.

If the headphone wasn't designed to operate in balanced mode, your ROI for "going balanced" will be very, very small. YMMV.

this is kind of misleading - 'Balanced' in this context refers to left and right channels each having their own ground - so 4 wires, vs 3 per usual when the ground is shared by both channels.  Headphone drivers need two connections points, so as long as they are easily accessible, a la Senn 600/650/700/800 etc via external detachable connectors, or by disassembling and soldering, just about any can can be rewired for 4-wire operation.  

The connector determines which specific connector a manufacturer used to get a 4-wire connection, as this is not in any way an industry standard.

Sep 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #2,006 of 3,522
this is kind of misleading - 'Balanced' in this context refers to left and right channels each having their own ground - so 4 wires, vs 3 per usual when the ground is shared by both channels.  Headphone drivers need two connections points, so as long as they are easily accessible, a la Senn 600/650/700/800 etc via external detachable connectors, or by disassembling and soldering, just about any can can be rewired for 4-wire operation.  

The connector determines which specific connector a manufacturer used to get a 4-wire connection, as this is not in any way an industry standard.

All very true.

But if a headphone wasn't designed for balanced operation, why do you think there's benefit in re-wiring it? That's what I was really getting at. My 2 cents. YMMV.

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #2,008 of 3,522
All very true.

But if a headphone wasn't designed for balanced operation, why do you think there's benefit in re-wiring it? That's what I was really getting at. My 2 cents. YMMV.

Twice as much power for starters, better channel separation etc. Plus, maybe he only has a balanced amp, or want to be able to use a traditional speaker amp by making a 4-pin female XLR to banana plugs.

Sep 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #2,009 of 3,522
Would not recommend the RE600, even after burn-in.

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #2,010 of 3,522
  Since you already have the SE5, why not go for average_joe's other top dog, the Hidition NT6 Pro. I am loving mine. AJs stats show that for him the NT6 Pro easily beats the JH line and most other popular brands at what they do best: http://theheadphonelist.com/ciem-list/?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email. Besides, our NT6 Pro community is pretty quite and could use someone such as yourself with a voice and all the goodies to drive it properly, to discuss their pairings, and to provide prospective. 
smile.gif

I agree with Barra, join us Mimouille and get nt6 pros!

Im interested in the NT6 haha

Please join us in the Hidition club as well, we would love to have you. These CIEMs do not disappoint.

My question is... How do I get them? I live in the Philippines but I can get from the US...

I'm not sure that I understand the question, but if you need help ordering I would be glad to assist.

Hidition is a S. Korean company that I communicated with through email and paid through their web site. The US FTA made the delivery process real quick and easy. I am not sure how that would work with the Philippines, but it is probably very similar. 

we're going off topic haha! I'll PM you
smily_headphones1.gif

Let's take this discussion to the the NT6 thread !

http://www.head-fi.org/t/589208/hidition-nt-6-custom-iem-review-the-ultimate-reference/150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back