HM-901
Jul 19, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #3,451 of 3,522
I'd like to go for the trade in/replacement as well. The page lists the offer as "out of stock," but but payment options are still offered at the bottom. Is it no longer available?

Jul 19, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #3,452 of 3,522
I'd like to go for the trade in/replacement as well. The page lists the offer as "out of stock," but but payment options are still offered at the bottom. Is it no longer available?

I also noticed this before I ordered: "out of stock" and then the next day it was for sale again. I guess they close the buy button in weekends and reopen on Mondays because it's a limited offer.

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #3,453 of 3,522
So my replacement 901 has the same fault as the other one already, just with the right speaker instead of the left, and the case pressure only partially restores it.

Does anyone know of a proper fix for this instead of posting them back to China all the time at great expense?

Really unhappy with their customer service now as well as the problems I've had, I'm not sure I'd buy a HM product again despite the nice sound.

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #3,454 of 3,522
I also noticed this before I ordered: "out of stock" and then the next day it was for sale again. I guess they close the buy button in weekends and reopen on Mondays because it's a limited offer.

I guess I missed the bus? I've checked on both weekends and weekdays now and it still indicates that it's out of stock. I guess I'll call customer service tomorrow and see what's up.

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #3,455 of 3,522
  So my replacement 901 has the same fault as the other one already, just with the right speaker instead of the left, and the case pressure only partially restores it.

Does anyone know of a proper fix for this instead of posting them back to China all the time at great expense?

Really unhappy with their customer service now as well as the problems I've had, I'm not sure I'd buy a HM product again despite the nice sound.

So you have problems with the socket?

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #3,456 of 3,522

I guess I missed the bus? I've checked on both weekends and weekdays now and it still indicates that it's out of stock. I guess I'll call customer service tomorrow and see what's up.

I checked a couple times daily until the offer had the 901s back in stock.  They don't appear to put many up at a time, so you do need to keep watching.   While my 901 was returned within the U.S., the replacement 901s was fulfilled from China.   

Haven't spent much time with the 901s, but it appears to have the same sound I love in the 901.  The rotary encoder wheel is a significant improvement over the wheel in my 901 which would scrape.  The stepped volume is much better (using the IEM amp), and the case looks better.  The one change I don't like is having the battery cover fastened with two small jeweler-sized screws.   I'm not taking a screw driver with me on trips, so I will not be using screws on the cover.  Appropriately, my 901s arrived with a battery cover missing these two screws.

While the near instant on is nice, I see this was achieved by keeping the unit in a suspended state, consuming some power when not in use.  Not sure if I like this "feature", but it you frequently use the 901, this would be a plus.

My interest in the upgrade was to play the many SACDs I've ripped. Will give this a try this evening.  Not sure if DSD support is via software now that the 901s has a much faster processor (compared to the 901) or if the 901s is using native DSD support in the ES9018?

Implementation differences aside, I very much like the sound signature of the ES9018 DAC, and the 901 does well in delivering this sound.  Even with the added girth of the 901, I would still purchase it again over the market's current contenders. 

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #3,457 of 3,522
   The one change I don't like is having the battery cover fastened with two small jeweler-sized screws.   I'm not taking a screw driver with me on trips, so I will not be using screws on the cover.  Appropriately, my 901s arrived with a battery cover missing these two screws.

If you do not use the screws how will the cover stay locked ?

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #3,460 of 3,522

What do they mean by the provide payment done screenshot?

After you pay for the Exclusive Offer upgrade in the HiFiMAN shopping cart, you will receive a payment received confirmation screen.  It's this screen you should print to include in your box when returning your HM-901.   Alternatively, you can log into your My Account on Head-direct and find the order within My Orders.  You can also print this Order Detail showing payment received to include in your return box.

Don't forget to remove your amp card, old battery (unless you have the old style battery that should be returned for a newer replacement) and SD Flash before returning your HM-901 

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #3,461 of 3,522
  After you pay for the Exclusive Offer upgrade in the HiFiMAN shopping cart, you will receive a payment received confirmation screen.  It's this screen you should print to include in your box when returning your HM-901.   Alternatively, you can log into your My Account on Head-direct and find the order within My Orders.  You can also print this Order Detail showing payment received to include in your return box.

Don't forget to remove your amp card, old battery (unless you have the old style battery that should be returned for a newer replacement) and SD Flash before returning your HM-901 

Hmmm... sound like I want this upgrade. Thanks for the info

Aug 11, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #3,462 of 3,522
  Hmmm... sound like I want this upgrade. Thanks for the info

It seems to be too late. It has been "out of stock" for a while now and it's advertised as a "Limited stock offer".

Aug 11, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #3,463 of 3,522

The one change I don't like is having the battery cover fastened with two small jeweler-sized screws.   I'm not taking a screw driver with me on trips, so I will not be using screws on the cover.  Appropriately, my 901s arrived with a battery cover missing these two screws.

I just got mine through the upgrade offer & mine was also missing the 2 screws. But just as I was about to throw away the packing box they came in, I noticed a small plastic pouch in the corner of the box (under the bubble wrap), it had the screws & a small screw driver. Did you check the box thoroughly before throwing it away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back