HM-901
Nov 23, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #3,481 of 3,522
Has anyone dismantled a HM-901?

I'm tired of sending this unit back to Hifiman with the same problem every bloody time (volume dropping out in one ear until light pressure applied near earphone jack), so I'd like to take it apart and fix it properly myself.  The warranty has expired now anyway.  I'm very good at dismantling and repairing all kinds of electronics but I was wondering if anyone can give me an early heads up on where any annoying fragile plastic clips might be.

Gut feeling is it's some kind of copper contact which relies on the unit being assembled tightly and cleanly, which is conducting a signal and lightly oxidising, or the sprung nature needs a bit of extra tension.  Would not be the first time.

I had the same issue, it's a problem with Balanced/Normal knob, I got mine repaired and now its fine, or get rebuilt in U case.

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #3,483 of 3,522
I wish they would admit to the problem, one of the reasons for the new case.

Apr 12, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #3,488 of 3,522
  Running HM901 on 2.004. Every time after new start it shows empty folders. Using 128gb card. After endless database update everything works flawless, until the next cold start. Any known cure?

Hmmm.
Try cleaning your tags: Remove all except artist, track title, track & disc number, album, year, genre and comment.

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #3,489 of 3,522
  Hmmm.
Try cleaning your tags: Remove all except artist, track title, track & disc number, album, year, genre and comment.

Thanks a lot. I'll check all the tags, although with the 128 gb of flacs it might be quite a long work 
normal_smile .gif

On the other hand, I took another 128gb, exactly same brand, and through few albums on it. And to my surprise it works with no issues. So I might try keep adding albums one by one, until it comes to a crash, and then try to clean the tags on that particular trouble-making album(s). 

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #3,490 of 3,522

Thanks a lot. I'll check all the tags, although with the 128 gb of flacs it might be quite a long work 
normal_smile%20.gif

On the other hand, I took another 128gb, exactly same brand, and through few albums on it. And to my surprise it works with no issues. So I might try keep adding albums one by one, until it comes to a crash, and then try to clean the tags on that particular trouble-making album(s). 

If you load and select all the files in Foobar2000 you can erase all the excess info and containing boxes (when opening in properties) in just one operation. Depending on how fast the card is, it will take from a few to many minutes to do it, but it will save you a lot of work.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #3,491 of 3,522
Hey guys I have a Rhapsodio Silver Litz 8-strand cable for sale, with 3.5 trrs plug terminated for Hifiman/Plenue S/ZX2 and 2-pin connectors.

It is a high resolution cable with black background and cold mid-bass presentation which gives it excellent separation.It does have some microphonics; I'm personally never bothered by it because I do listening on the go, but it can be annoying if you're listening at a desk.

Retails at $600. Looking for 300 euro plus fees.

Please PM if interested. I will check if there is any interest at the end of the week, if not I'll have it reterminated to trs and put it up for sale.

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #3,492 of 3,522
  If you load and select all the files in Foobar2000 you can erase all the excess info and containing boxes (when opening in properties) in just one operation. Depending on how fast the card is, it will take from a few to many minutes to do it, but it will save you a lot of work.

I am on Mac, so no Foobar2000 possible. But thanks a lot for the idea. I will look for an OS X alternative to Foobar's batch processing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back