HM-901
Sep 1, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #3,031 of 3,522
Borderline useless? Seriously? That's a bit harsh. Haha. Rocco DAPs must be paperweights to you, i guess. =]

If you have to scroll for literally 20 seconds or more to reach an album, how is that even remotely functional? Put 100+ albums on your 128GB card. Then talk to me. :D

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #3,032 of 3,522
That's one of the reasons why many (if not most) HM-901 users still choose folder browsing over tag browsing I guess
redface.gif

Now, if browsing via genre would lead to selecting albums within that genre, then much would be improved (but far from everything).

Sep 1, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #3,033 of 3,522
With the latest firmware, i find the sound more natural when the digital bypass filter sets to off.

On another note, it is easier to use vol control becos the RMA unit vol wheel is more loose and smooth...

Sep 1, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #3,034 of 3,522
If you have to scroll for literally 20 seconds or more to reach an album, how is that even remotely functional? Put 100+ albums on your 128GB card. Then talk to me.
biggrin.gif

and Rocoos do have fast scroll. Disappointing I'm sure. 901 may still be the best I've heard. Just too big for my use.

Sep 1, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #3,035 of 3,522
With the latest firmware, i find the sound more natural when the digital bypass filter sets to off.

On another note, it is easier to use vol control becos the RMA unit vol wheel is more loose and smooth...

yeah..sounds so dull when it's on. Like 801 or even worse.

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #3,038 of 3,522
If you have to scroll for literally 20 seconds or more to reach an album, how is that even remotely functional? Put 100+ albums on your 128GB card. Then talk to me. :D

Most of us do, Trogdor... :)

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #3,039 of 3,522

On another note, it is easier to use vol control becos the RMA unit vol wheel is more loose and smooth..

+1 on RMA-ed units. I like how there's always little differences in build quality, for the better, the later the model of the 901. Be it scroll wheels, locking mechanisms or batteries.  

Customer service is excellent as well. They stopped using DHL though. Haha. 

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #3,042 of 3,522
Question: if I have a balanced 3.5 and I plugged it to the HM901, but switch to Normal. Would it be a problem? Will it play as SE?

I think it will have the same effect if you plug in a normal earphone and switch to balanced. basically it will just sound like "nothing" with some background music

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #3,044 of 3,522
Sometimes i wud forget to switch to balance with balance phone and thought i was too tired and everything sounded crap...then i wud check just switch back to balance...but according to AK fans, its the end of the world if u go into the wrong hole...thats why one hole must be smaller than the other LoL

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #3,045 of 3,522
I think it will have the same effect if you plug in a normal earphone and switch to balanced. basically it will just sound like "nothing" with some background music

This is not the case.

With 901+balanced amp:
1. Trrs balance cable and Balanced mode: balanced mode music
2. Trrs balance cable and Normal mode: single ended mode music
3. TRS single ended cable with normal mode: single ended mode music
4. TRS single ended cable with Balanced mode: wonky sounding music

All other amp cards:
1. Whatever cable in whatever mode: single ended mode music

I think I covered all permutations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back