HM-602 Portable Music Preorder
Oct 7, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #406 of 641
I needed 3 minutes to become an expert on how to use the navigation keys and everything else. I think everything is pretty logical. Up/down to browse folders/albums/songs, right to select or go deeper into the folder and left until you reach currently played song. Middle button for play/pause.

Oct 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #407 of 641
Just as an update, I am listening to my Squeezebox via my desktop DAC into the Aux input of my 602.  I wasn't real sure that it was an input, as the small icon shows it to be an output.  Nevertheless, it sounds stunning!    I have found that this jack (next to the headphone out) functions as both analog input and output.  It seems that every possible configuration option is possible.  BTW, the 602 internal DAC sounds as good as my desktop DAC!  

Now, if I can only figure out the Cue lists........?????

For everyone awaiting delivery, I can say with certainty that the revised version is, in all respects, worth the wait.   I can say without reservation that the revised 602 is the most versatile and best-sounding all-in-one device that I have owned.

Many thanks to Fang for his dedication to making the 602 "right" before bringing it to market. 

Oct 7, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #408 of 641

Quote:
Which amp do you prefer over the Stepdance?

Give me two more days to make the list more inclusive, for now I can tell you that I see no reason to carry an external amp since the HM-602 sounds fantastic. Perhaps one of the remaining portable amps which uses the OPA637 may change my mind, but even my two portable amps which IMO sound slightly better than the HM-602 are not worth the hassle to carry. Regardless of what I think remember it is truly meaningless in the sense that it is just an opinion with my music and my ears. We all have different expectations of what sounds good, plus with the variety of gear it is hard to make generalizations. My recommendation is for a person to go out and listen for him or her self using their gear/music.

BTW, I am using FLAC files in the HM-602 at 16/44.1, for headphones I am using: Westone 2, Yuin OK1, ATH-ESW9, and TripleFi 10.

Oct 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #409 of 641

Quote:
Give me two more days to make the list more inclusive, for now I can tell you that I see no reason to carry an external amp since the HM-602 sounds fantastic. Perhaps one of the remaining portable amps which uses the OPA637 may change my mind, but even my two portable amps which IMO sound slightly better than the HM-602 are not worth the hassle to carry. 

Agreed, external amplification with the 602 is simply not worth the hassle if you are listening to it on the go. For portable scenarios I can see some benefit to hooking up something like the P1 Toucan in balanced output mode but other than that, there is nothing I can think of using for my needs.

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #411 of 641

Quote:
Tomorrow we will ship all orders been paid between Aug 9th to Aug 24th. We will email international express mail tracking to customers' paypal or googlecheckout emails.

What about orders after Aug 24th? Will it be available at least next week?

Oct 8, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #413 of 641
Has anybody recieved this email from Head-Direct?

[size=small]Dear Customer,[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]Thanks for your payment. We need your telephone number to arrange shipping, which is needed when local courier delivery the package to you. Pls reply ASAP. Or your package will be delayed.[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]Best,[/size]
[size=small]Head-Direct Shipping Department[/size]

Oct 8, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #414 of 641

Quote:

[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]Thanks for your payment. We need your telephone number to arrange shipping, which is needed when local courier delivery the package to you. Pls reply ASAP. Or your package will be delayed.[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]Best,[/size]

I believe EMS does require a delivery phone number.

Oct 8, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #415 of 641

Quote:

[size=small] [/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]Best,[/size]

I just got it also so I guess its legit?

Oct 8, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #416 of 641
It is. They sent me that email when I previously ordered the RE-Zero. I mentioned my number when I ordered the 602 so maybe I won't get that email.

Oct 8, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #417 of 641

Quote:

[size=small] [/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]Best,[/size]

got same email and replied in 4mins, hopefully they sent it tml
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back