HM-602 Portable Music Preorder
Oct 8, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #423 of 641
Yeah good idea - sent Fang a quick email. I'm sure I'll get it sooner or later... 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #424 of 641

Quote:
Just as an update, I am listening to my Squeezebox via my desktop DAC into the Aux input of my 602.  I wasn't real sure that it was an input, as the small icon shows it to be an output.  Nevertheless, it sounds stunning!    I have found that this jack (next to the headphone out) functions as both analog input and output.  It seems that every possible configuration option is possible.  BTW, the 602 internal DAC sounds as good as my desktop DAC!  

Now, if I can only figure out the Cue lists........?????

For everyone awaiting delivery, I can say with certainty that the revised version is, in all respects, worth the wait.   I can say without reservation that the revised 602 is the most versatile and best-sounding all-in-one device that I have owned.

Many thanks to Fang for his dedication to making the 602 "right" before bringing it to market. 

It also has an analog input? Wow nice discovery!

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #426 of 641
My HM-602 got frozen while I was charging its battery. Anyone knows how to reset it? Or should I wait till its battery is completely drained? 

Thanks

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #427 of 641
OK. I figured that the tiny hole at the bottom is for resetting
bigsmile_face.gif

But after the reset, my HM-602 doesn't recognize any SD cards that worked perfectly couple hours ago (SanDisk Class 4 16GB and 32GB).

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #428 of 641
Problem solved ... after another reset. 
L3000.gif

Oct 10, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #430 of 641
I  have spent a fair amount of time using the HM-602 and various external amps to see if it is worth it or not. So far I have used Stepdance, iBasso D4 w/ HiFlight's TopKit, PA2V2, MiniBox-ES, and two Xin Reference one w/ the C5 module and the other with the D5 module. I tried various headphones like the Westone 2, TripleFi 10, Yuin OK-1, and ATH-ESW9. The bottom line IMO is that there is no need to feed the analogue out of the HM-602 to an external amp! The sound is not always better and although you may experience a gain in one area you will loose in others. The sound out of the revised HM-602 is that good. Cheers.

Oct 11, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #432 of 641
Quote:
I  have spent a fair amount of time using the HM-602 and various external amps to see if it is worth it or not. So far I have used Stepdance, iBasso D4 w/ HiFlight's TopKit, PA2V2, MiniBox-ES, and two Xin Reference one w/ the C5 module and the other with the D5 module. I tried various headphones like the Westone 2, TripleFi 10, Yuin OK-1, and ATH-ESW9. The bottom line IMO is that there is no need to feed the analogue out of the HM-602 to an external amp! The sound is not always better and although you may experience a gain in one area you will loose in others. The sound out of the revised HM-602 is that good. Cheers.

Yep. I absolutely agree after trying HM-602 with Stepdance, Mustang, and fi.Quest. An external amp is not necessary.

Oct 11, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #433 of 641

Quote:
Hi!
Has anyone tested HM-602 with 16 ohm earphones?
smily_headphones1.gif

Ia am very intrested in it personally.

The JH16 Pro is 18 Ohms and it works fine with it.  But you may want to check the sensitivity specs as well, not just impedance.  Still, I don't think you'll have issues, however, you can still return it within 30 days if you do for some unforeseen reason.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back