HM-602 Portable Music Preorder
Oct 16, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #452 of 641
I called our factory about shipping today. Now I know why you guys did not receive tracking: our shipping dept in China made a stupid mistake: they forgot to submit the shipping order to factory that suppose to be shipping 10 days aga. Another words they did not ship international orders paid in August yet. I apologize to all Auguest customers who paid before Aug 24th. We will ship all August Orders next week via international express mail.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Oct 16, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #453 of 641
@nankai
any idea when my 28th aug order will be shipped.  i know you have many orders but i too ordered before 1st sept. 
ship them when you can  the wait is killing me 

Oct 16, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #455 of 641

Quote:
I called our factory about shipping today. Now I know why you guys did not receive tracking: our shipping dept in China made a stupid mistake: they forgot to submit the shipping order to factory that suppose to be shipping 10 days aga. Another words they did not ship international orders paid in August yet. I apologize to all Auguest customers who paid before Aug 24th. We will ship all August Orders next week via international express mail.

How about those orders recently placed, this week for example. Are you going to ship them as well next week or August orders only?

Oct 16, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #456 of 641

Quote:
How about those orders recently placed, this week for example. Are you going to ship them as well next week or August orders only?

I ordered within the last week and was told shipping expected at the end of October.

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #457 of 641
Anyone has to update the media file database from SD card every time HM-602 is switched on? Despite that (which is no big deal at all), I have enjoyed the pairing of HM-602 and Edition 8 a lot.

This is what I am listening right now.

Oct 16, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #459 of 641

Quote:

Well I guess the upside is it was only 400 bucks I pulled out out the bank TWO months ago ....  this gard dang thing better be worth the wait !  
cool.gif

Oct 17, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #462 of 641

Quote:
Anyone has to update the media file database from SD card every time HM-602 is switched on? Despite that (which is no big deal at all), I have enjoyed the pairing of HM-602 and Edition 8 a lot.

This is what I am listening right now.

It depends on your card.  On mine the update is triggered automatically during power-up or insertion.  It's the 4th card I purchased that was fully compatible with the HifiMEN (both of them).  All others were a lot cheaper but turned out to be fakes (at half the cost).

Here is the link:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C9P5TO/ref=oss_product  It is "Made in Japan."

Oct 17, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #463 of 641
I'm thinking of getting this card: 

[size=2em] Secure Digital (SDHC) TakeMS 32 GB (Class 6)[/size]

its cheaper and supposed to be faster since its class 6

Oct 17, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #464 of 641
DO NOT BUY this before you check this with someone who already have a HiFiMAN DAP.
I asked Head Direct about this:

3. I have read in a forum that some people have problems with certain SDHC cards. Is it only class 4 cards that will work, or will for instance a class 6 or 10 also do?
    SD HC 32GB Class 4 is the highest that will work
    The SD card needed for the HM801 i s a 32GB SDHC CLASS 4.  You can try Amazon .com or best buy

Good luck!

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting this card: 

[size=2em] Secure Digital (SDHC) TakeMS 32 GB (Class 6)[/size]

its cheaper and supposed to be faster since its class 6

Oct 17, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #465 of 641

Quote:
DO NOT BUY this before you check this with someone who already have a HiFiMAN DAP.
I asked Head Direct about this:

3. I have read in a forum that some people have problems with certain SDHC cards. Is it only class 4 cards that will work, or will for instance a class 6 or 10 also do?
    SD HC 32GB Class 4 is the highest that will work
    The SD card needed for the HM801 i s a 32GB SDHC CLASS 4.  You can try Amazon .com or best buy

Good luck!

Precisely.  The card may state "Class 6" but if it's a fake (and  it's really hard to tell from a webpage) the substandard controller chip inside the card will slow down your transfer rate even more than that of a genuine Class 4 card.  And--based on my own experience--that'll be the least of your problems. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back