HM-602 Portable Music Preorder
Dec 2, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #631 of 641

Quote:
I got 602 yesterday. Everything go fine, but the charging procedure went weird.
I charge 602 with wall charger along last night (up to 10 hours).
When I looked at the battery gauge in the moring, it's at 2 out of 4 blocks.
I hard reset, but it's still 2 out of 4.

Can anyone share the solution ? Thank you.

Try charging thru the USB cable from a computer to see if you have a defective AC-charger.  If still no joy, you may have a defective battery.  When you plug it in do you see the LCD showing the battery being charged (upper-right corner)?

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #632 of 641

Quote:
I got 602 yesterday. Everything go fine, but the charging procedure went weird.
I charge 602 with wall charger along last night (up to 10 hours).
When I looked at the battery gauge in the moring, it's at 2 out of 4 blocks.
I hard reset, but it's still 2 out of 4.

Can anyone share the solution ? Thank you.

You might have had the player playing while plugged in to the wall.  Power it off first then plug it in and leave it alone.  See if that works.  

Dec 4, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #633 of 641

Quote:
I got the same noise, but only when I play it from built-in batteries. When the charger is plugged that noise disapear, (but you can hear then anther one, from the grid)

I tried it with the charger pluged in and yes you are right the noise disappeared.  When I unplug it the noise came back.  This occurs on every iem i used even the monster turbine.

Dec 5, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #634 of 641
For me, I think there is an issue with my HM602 amp (some filter capacitors???) that this noise is heard when I test the Re Zero with it.
Dont know what is the difference between RE262 and REZero except ReZro has 16 ohms, may be these type of IEMs cause the HM602 amp to go out of wacks. (No noise is heard when both iems are used with HM601).
Once the noise is heard, it will remain constantly while Hm602 is powered on. To get rid of this noise the HM602 must be powered off for at least 2 hours, seems that all capacitors/amp must completely discharge. During this time of course USB and wall charger are not to be used/connected! and avoid using ReZero or same type iem until Fang can confirm if HM602 Amp has improved.
Maybe now someone can try different types of IEMs that are suitable for HM602 .

Mar 23, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #638 of 641
Hi Guys, I apologise in advance if this has been covered somewhere else already but I have a HM602 and the USB DAC won't work with my Mac. I am running the 10.8.3, I got it working fine back on my vista laptop but almost nothing on the Mac. The music does sort of skip for a milisecond when I plug it in but thats all. It probably doesn't help that I am still quite new to OS X and so don't know many of the things I would try on a windows. Anyway any advice would be great 

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #640 of 641
@ Venasa:

1) Set up all the hardware connections (computer USB to 'USB DAC' on the 602, and 602's Line Out to your amp) and switch everything on.

2) Go to System Preferences on your Mac, select 'Sound', and choose the 'Output' tab. You should see your 602 as one of the output devices. Select this instead of 'Headphones'.

3) Now go to your Applications folder, choose 'Utilities', then 'Audio MIDI Setup'. Again you should see the 602 in the list of devices on the left - choose it and then select 96000.0 Hz and 2ch-24bit as the Format

4) That should do it.

Note: on my Mac when I switch off a USB output device it automatically resets to 16bit (to match the internal sound card) so 24bit has to be selected manually every time I reconnect a 24bit device.

I find the 602 a delightful DAC option, ideally paired with comparatively bright and sparkly audio equipment. Enjoy!

Feb 26, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #641 of 641
Here goes my bump attempt for this thread merely because I'm looking to buy a 602 or 603. I know eBay has some 603s but I'd rather go cheaper with a used one. If you're looking to sell hit me up! Located within the U.S., thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back