High Schooler looking for his first serious headphones
Dec 17, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #16 of 18

I bought a pair of DT770 pro 80s that were only used a few weeks for $100 shipped off ebay. It was from a power seller too. But buying the DT770 for $150 isn't a bad deal at all imo.
Quote:
I own the DT770s and have heard the M50s on multiple occasions. I hope you are talking about the DT770 pros as that is what I shall use as a reference point (though they are all sonically similar)

A steal would probably be $150, if you know where to look. There's almost no way you can find one at $110, unless its really well used. I did see one on ebay really cheap a while ago though, and buy ordering replacement earpads you could get a acceptable pair of cans for lower than $110.

However, the DT770s have recessed mids, far more recessed than the m50s (i didn't think they were recessed at all)

And I think that from a neutral party's point of view, the M50 can be compared with an amped DT770. They have very different sound signature and neither beats the other in every department.

Dec 17, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
Purchased M50s today for $95. Thanks for all the feedback. Now I gotta figure how I am gonna narrow down to who I listen to in $20 of FLAC quality...

Hope you enjoy them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back