High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
May 6, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #1,816 of 4,183
Pinky, does it help smooth the treble out a bit?

No. It does produce the clearest treble yet, but it's not quelling anything. You have to already love the HD800 for this cable to be a good upgrade. :)

May 7, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #1,818 of 4,183
Has anyone here managed to try out Nocturnal Audio's Sirius and Asteria TriMetal? Curious on how these two cables plays out with an EE Phantom.

May 8, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #1,820 of 4,183
i'm also interested in these, they seem very good price for the type of material they are

Yup seems like really good deal for the money that's why I wanted to see what people think bout it. Tried searching around though and couldnt find that much of a review or feedback about those cables.

May 8, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #1,821 of 4,183
IMG_20180508_175048.jpg IMG_20180508_175013.jpg

Norne Silvergarde S. I'm dumbfounded really. It looks stunning from every angle. Truly a sight to behold.

How does it sound? I have no idea!

May 10, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #1,824 of 4,183
Advice: Newbie question is coming.
I have three IEMs that I love and want to upgrade a cable to have the most of the upper tier IEM that is the Rhapsodio Galaxy v1 with Brass housing (Yes, one demo that Sammy did and I trade with a head-fier).
The other two are P1 and CA Orion that is not the main reason for this cable, once I'm using an MEE balanced with then and It's ok for now.

Should I go with a Copper or Silver cable? This is my central question because the Galaxy has a good Bass and Detail/Soundstage and I want to improve these qualities without losing my lovely mid/high notes.

Edit: I usually listen to Acoustic (Ben Harper, Dave Matthews) 50%, Rock (Metallica, Disturbed, Stone Sour, Slipknot, The Doors, Deep, Led) 30%, Classical 20%.

Budget 150-250

Please, forgive my newbie mistakes and thanks.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #1,825 of 4,183
I have three IEMs that I love and want to upgrade a cable to have the most of the upper tier IEM that is the Rhapsodio Galaxy v1 with Brass housing (Yes, one demo that Sammy did and I trade with a head-fier).
The other two are P1 and CA Orion that is not the main reason for this cable, once I'm using an MEE balanced with then and It's ok for now.

Should I go with a Copper or Silver cable? This is my central question because the Galaxy has a good Bass and Detail/Soundstage and I want to improve these qualities without losing my lovely mid/high notes.

Edit: I usually listen to Acoustic (Ben Harper, Dave Matthews) 50%, Rock (Metallica, Disturbed, Stone Sour, Slipknot, The Doors, Deep, Led) 30%, Classical 20%.

Budget 150-250

There are no good silver cables in your price range. Go for a copper cable from a well known brand(effect audio, plussound)

May 10, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #1,826 of 4,183

Budget 150-250

You can try asking Sammy himself. He is known to give discounts for repeat customers, and he'll know which of his cables pair well with Galaxy. From his range the old SG2.98 fits your description, but I don't know the latest price.

May 11, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #1,828 of 4,183
Eric from Effect (go to that thread) will also give good advice. There are some very good cables. To ME, you asked the wrong question. It's not about the raw product, it's only about the end result. Copper can sound terrible as can silver. If silver is done correctly, it will be warmer than copper and much more detailed. it will also give you the best bass that your transducer is ever going to give you. Remember that the inherent sound of your IEM's is still the sound of them. It's a slippery slope IMHO.

I'd ask again, what cable is BEST with these IEM"s so that I may get the sound out of them that the designer says they are supposed to have. I know that goes against the grain on the headgear boards, but hey, I'm a 2 channel guy visiting, so what do I know :wink:.

May 12, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #1,830 of 4,183
Not wrong, I bet half this board or more will disagree with me based on what they read constantly about materials. many will disagree, because they have owned silver that may not have been done the way it should be or copper that.... you get teh point. To me, it's always about auditioning and seeing what sounds best together. There is also synergy in components so just because one cable sounds a certain way on one IEM, it may not do quiet as good on another. It will have an inherent sound of course, but it may not be a great fit on another IEM as it may accentuate something that isn't good, but you won't know until you actually hear them together and with teh same source/dac/amp. Is that impedance? I forget as I'm not an engineer, but this is why when I review in the 2 channel world, the ONLY thing I ever change is the component I'm reviewing. Again, that's me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back