High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
May 22, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #1,846 of 4,183
I was thinking Leonidas for my Phantom too but the Norne Silvergarde has really got my attention. @SeeSax preferred it to his Leo on his LX and @ezekiel77 mentioned to me he's really enjoying his. Worth a consideration maybe?
Would love to if only there was somewhere here in HK that I could go to try them... I'm rather hesitant on blind purchases since getting the Tia Forte and finding out they weren't my cup of tea...

May 22, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #1,847 of 4,183
Would love to if only there was somewhere here in HK that I could go to try them... I'm rather hesitant on blind purchases since getting the Tia Forte and finding out they weren't my cup of tea...
Trevor has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. It's a big reason why I'll end up giving the Silvergarde a shot before others. Still enjoying my cheap and cheerful Penon OS849 for now tho!

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #1,848 of 4,183
Just now I went down to a shop that bought and sold used items to sell off 2sets of iems that I wasn't using. As luck would have it, the guy had a used Leonidas terminated with a 4.4mm plug for sale. Guess what I did with the money I got from selling my iems. :laughing:

May 22, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #1,850 of 4,183
I was thinking Leonidas for my Phantom too but the Norne Silvergarde has really got my attention. @SeeSax preferred it to his Leo on his LX and @ezekiel77 mentioned to me he's really enjoying his. Worth a consideration maybe?

Looks like you're going to pull the trigger on it? I hope you like it!

The Silvergarde is also something I'm extremely curious about. The ergonomics may leave something to be desired, but it looks like one heck of a silver cable. :wink:

It is, indeed. I had to send it back to Trevor to have it "re-shaped" a bit and still didn't like it, so then I sent it to David at Triton Audio and he applied some heatshrink to the bends so that they're much better. I guess I probably fall into the "super picky" category or worse for ergonomics, but from a SQ-perspective I think this beastly cable is going to be hard to beat especially around the price point it is offered.

-Collin-

May 22, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #1,851 of 4,183
Trevor has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. It's a big reason why I'll end up giving the Silvergarde a shot before others. Still enjoying my cheap and cheerful Penon OS849 for now tho!

In addition to the 30 day full refund, Norne also has better email response time + turnaround than all the other popular cable makers.
I have two of his cables already, and I'd have the Silvergarde if it wasn't for ergonomic issues. However he did mention he's working on a more supple upgraded version of the Silvergarde to be released later this year.

May 22, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #1,854 of 4,183
Good luck bro. Trevor's after sales service sucks! I would never ever purchase anything from him again.
His potential customer service has been great through a half a dozen back and forths so far. That's too bad too hear you had a negative experience with him.

May 22, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #1,855 of 4,183
Not an IEM cable, you say? Sue me. :dark_sunglasses:

My new Sennheiser HD800 cable.

Double Helix Cables Molecule Elite 19 Fusion.

Enhances every one of HD800's inherent virtues. Clearer. Cleaner. Better contrast, due to a blacker background. Bass is ever so slightly boosted, thanks to the crazy-thick 18.8AWG wire.

It's spectacular.
Thats a beauty..
BTW may i ask what the wait time is now for double helix. I am aware it fluctuates due to varying levels of back log.

Thanks

May 23, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #1,857 of 4,183
Was wondering if there were any reviews of the Han Sound Venom yet and whether it would pair well with the Phantom. :thinking:
I am about to kick off a Han Sound US cable tour and have been playing with their cable lineup this week and can not get enough of the Venum. I have been like a kid in the candy store with the almost complete Han Sound lineup with a jewelry-like build quality across the lineup, but I keep coming back to the Venum. I don't have the Phantom and have not heard it yet to comment on that, but it is an optimal configuration with the Fourte'. Paired with the Fourte' it brings out the big boy sound characteristics of a full sized headphone that the Fourte' is capable of, but also adds a bit to the mids to give it another boost in performance making it even more balanced in the signature. Ergonomics, well...... it is stout and will hold up to rough play, but is not a subtle forget about it type cable like its siblings. However, I am not sure that I would spend this on a cable and take it to the gym. It also has two plugs for pairing convenience that would be a nuisance if you were to take it for a jog, just sayin'. On the other hand, out and about I do seem to be getting a lot of attention from this cable. You should see the eyes on people when I let them hear what the Venum > Fourte' pairing can make an iPhone 6 sound like!

BTW, when I post the signup thread for my US Han Sound Audio tour this week, I will add a link to this thread for those that are interested.

May 23, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #1,858 of 4,183
I am about to kick off a Han Sound US cable tour and have been playing with their cable lineup this week and can not get enough of the Venum. I have been like a kid in the candy store with the almost complete Han Sound lineup with a jewelry-like build quality across the lineup, but I keep coming back to the Venum. I don't have the Phantom and have not heard it yet to comment on that, but it is an optimal configuration with the Fourte'. Paired with the Fourte' it brings out the big boy sound characteristics of a full sized headphone that the Fourte' is capable of, but also adds a bit to the mids to give it another boost in performance making it even more balanced in the signature. Ergonomics, well...... it is stout and will hold up to rough play, but is not a subtle forget about it type cable like its siblings. However, I am not sure that I would spend this on a cable and take it to the gym. It also has two plugs for pairing convenience that would be a nuisance if you were to take it for a jog, just sayin'. On the other hand, out and about I do seem to be getting a lot of attention from this cable. You should see the eyes on people when I let them hear what the Venum > Fourte' pairing can make an iPhone 6 sound like!

BTW, when I post the signup thread for my US Han Sound Audio tour this week, I will add a link to this thread for those that are interested.

Han Sound tour? Sweet!

May 23, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #1,859 of 4,183

I'm in B! :)

May 23, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #1,860 of 4,183

Great news,
which cables will be part of the tour?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back