High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
May 23, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #1,861 of 4,183
I tried the Venom once several months ago and it was very impressive. Separation and layering was simply the best I've ever heard out of any cable and it did so without messing with tonal balance. It has a neutral tone with a slightly dark tilt due to a linear upper-treble, but the notes it produces are absolutely precise and clean, so this darkness does not translate to congestion or bloom. It has a natural yet snappy quality to it and it paired wonderfully with the Zeus-XR. I tried a new revised version just before CanJam SG and I was honestly less impressed. It sounded more fun and somewhat V-shaped, and it compromised some of its class-leading separation as a result. At that point, I was far too impressed by the PWAudio 1950s to give it a further listen, but I probably wouldn't pair it with the Phantom. Ergonomics are also an absolute pain if you plan to use it outdoors. It's definitely a for home use kind of cable.

another great/inforative post

seeing that it was your opinion/review that made me go for the EAxMS Eos , would Venom be an even better cable ? also price ?

May 23, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #1,862 of 4,183
another great/inforative post

seeing that it was your opinion/review that made me go for the EAxMS Eos , would Venom be an even better cable ? also price ?

The Venom is definitely a better performer than Eos, but it's very highly priced. It's 1999 SGD, which makes it approximately two-thirds the price of the 4-wire 1960s and the Horus. The Venom separates better than both flagships IMO, but all three are different in tone. The Venom just happens to pair best with the Zeus for my preferences. Remember that ergonomics are an utter nightmare with the Venom, so it's pretty much for home use only as far as I'm concerned.

May 23, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #1,863 of 4,183
The Venom is definitely a better performer than Eos, but it's very highly priced. It's 1999 SGD, which makes it approximately two-thirds the price of the 4-wire 1960s and the Horus. The Venom separates better than both flagships IMO, but all three are different in tone. The Venom just happens to pair best with the Zeus for my preferences. Remember that ergonomics are an utter nightmare with the Venom, so it's pretty much for home use only as far as I'm concerned.

definitely way way WAY out of my budget , thanx for the fast reply you rock

May 23, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #1,864 of 4,183
May 24, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #1,865 of 4,183
Anyone have any luck contacting Brimar? I ordered an in stock Brimar 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter over two months ago and got a confirmation but have heard nothing since. A month in, I emailed using a supplied email on their confirmation and again, nothing. Two weeks later I tried emailing again and still nothing. Now I have been waiting for two months and have no reason to suspect that I am going to receive anything. Does anyone have any insight or should I dispute the change with the credit card company? I really wanted that darn 90-degree adapter.
file.jpg

May 24, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #1,868 of 4,183
Anyone have any luck contacting Brimar? I ordered an in stock Brimar 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter over two months ago and got a confirmation but have heard nothing since. A month in, I emailed using a supplied email on their confirmation and again, nothing. Two weeks later I tried emailing again and still nothing. Now I have been waiting for two months and have no reason to suspect that I am going to receive anything. Does anyone have any insight or should I dispute the change with the credit card company? I really wanted that darn 90-degree adapter.
file.jpg

Musicteck has the same adapter made by Effect Audio here.

May 24, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #1,869 of 4,183
file.jpg

I purchased the same exact thing a year ago and had the same issue. It ended up with me opening a PayPal claim to get my money back. They never responded once during the whole thing.

Buy the adapter from Effect Audio that Twister6 mentioned. That's what I got.

May 24, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #1,870 of 4,183
Eric at EA will set you up. Just a great guy. I don't know of others, but someone else may. I always try to stick with a company that has great customer service adn folks on the boards talk about how good it is. We are the truth! lol...sorry about the Brimar deal. That does stink.

May 24, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #1,871 of 4,183
file.jpg

Visited their store in HK in February.

I wouldn't buy anything from them :disappointed_relieved:

May 24, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #1,872 of 4,183
Thank you. I forget to test Venom at Can Jam.
Did you test Brimar Ultimate at Can Jam? I would like to hear your opinion.

May 24, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #1,873 of 4,183
Thank you. I forget to test Venom at Can Jam.
Did you test Brimar Ultimate at Can Jam? I would like to hear your opinion.

I did not. Despite their popularity in my city, I'm not too keen on their pricing policies. :wink: I might give them a go some time, though.

May 24, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #1,874 of 4,183
file.jpg
Hi Barra, Sorry to hear about your problem. Can you please PM me your name or order #? I will ask King Rudi to contact Brimar.
I have met Brimar owner at Can Jam and he is a very nice person.

May 24, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #1,875 of 4,183
I did not. Despite their popularity in my city, I'm not too keen on their pricing policies. :wink: I might give them a go some time, though.
Thanks Daniel. I have tested many cables at Can Jam and Brimar Ultimate suprised me the most. I would like to hear it once again.

I may be in Jakarta around July. I can bring my cables if you would like to test it. Jaben may still have Brimar Omni King. It has been sold with Tia Fourte but the guy has not picked it up yet.

IMG-20180516-WA0017.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back