TOUR CLOSED - Han Sound Audio Premium Upgrade IEM Cables Head-Fi Tour - Starting May 2018
May 23, 2018 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
After all the TOTL CIEM tours I have hosted, I have only once seen a cable that matches the quality of the featured TOTL CIEM regardless of price. Some are garbage, some are good enough, but none seem to be premium enough to leave as is. The cable look can make or break the experience. There are a few notable exceptions that offer multiple connectors to fit our assortment of connection needs - thank you DITA - but mostly there is only a 3.5mm option that will not work with our balanced Sony/AK DAPs to hear our toys at their best. Of course, many swear by the improved SQ or signature tuning that premium cables offer. For all these reasons and more, premium cables become an obvious question after a TOTL CIEM purchase.

Music Sanctuary and Han Sound Audio has graciously offered to provide a compelling tour kit that tour members can audition to see just what a premium cable can do for their new CIEM purchase.

logo.png

43c4cdb6-3e8e-40c2-828a-b6d32fe67ac5.jpg
bc6710dd-2689-4f03-bfe5-361c48690668.jpg

PURCHASE AT: https://music-sanctuary.com/collections/han-sound-audio

US Premium IEM Cable Tour, Featuring:

Music Sanctuary and Han Sound Audio is providing us with a nice full range of cables terminated in balanced AK2.5 with a 3.5mm and a 4.4mm adaptor so we can listen on all our gear.

Cables:
  • Venom (4-wire) - 2pin/2.5mm balanced ($1,999 SGD)
    Mono-crystal gold-silver alloy, together with a high density woven mesh shielding wrapped around the conducting wires that still maintains a high degree of flexibility
  • Aurora (6-wire) - 2pin/2.5mm balanced ($1,249 SGD)
    24.5 AWG 6 wire OCC Gold-Silver alloy and OCC Pure Silver cable hybrid
  • Redcore (8-wire) - 2pin/2.5mm balanced ($649 SGD)
    A combination of OCC silver and OCC copper wiring, with double insulation of TPE and TPEE, providing a unique shielding effect of the wiring.
  • Agni (4-wire) - 2pin/2.5mm balanced ($479 SGD)
    24.5 AWG pure OCC Silver cable with supple PVC insulation
  • Zen (8-wire) - 2pin/2.5mm balanced ($349 SGD)
    Made of single crystal copper in OCC multi-strand LITZ configuration, with DuPont Kevlar 200 wire core
  • Zen (4-wire) - 2pin/2.5mm balanced ($229 SGD)
    Made of single crystal copper in OCC multi-strand LITZ configuration, with DuPont Kevlar 200 wire core
  • Muse II (4-wire) - 2pin/2.5mm balanced ($249 SGD)
    OCC silver plated copper in multi-strand LITZ configuration, coupled with DuPont Kevlar 200 wire core for strength
Adapters:
  • 2.5mm balanced female to 3.5mm male
  • 2.5mm balanced female to 4.4mm balanced male

Tour Kit Pictures:

IMG_4811.JPG IMG_4801.JPG

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #3 of 69
Tour Participation Rules and Responsibilities (7 Day Audition)
The participant list is organized logistically for each kit to minimize shipping costs starting from Seattle and the East Coast. The tour will begin with the first in the list for a 7-day audition. Thereafter they will be responsible to deliver or ship the demo kit to the next participant in the list.

Participant Qualifications
To be eligible for the tour, all participants need to provide four types of contact information to verify identity and shipping address:
  1. State Issued Photo ID: We need a picture of your driver's license or other qualified ID with photo and that reflects your home/shipping address.
  2. Phone Bill: We need to verify your phone number and address with a photo of a current phone bill showing your phone number and address which matches your ID.
  3. Email Address: We will be managing the tours through email which requires an email that you can respond to within 24 hours.
  4. Backup Contact Info (Choose One of the Two):
    1. Employer: Name, Address, and Phone - or
    2. Relative: Name, Address, and Phone
This information must be emailed to billb@ClearDiff.com before your name will be added to the participant list.

Prequalification: If you have already provided this information to join one of my other tours, you are good for one year prequalifying for my other tours. However, if it has been on file for over a year, you will need to resubmit to remain current.

Qualification Exemptions (thru @BulldogXTRM): If you wish to join the tour, but cannot provide this information - you can contact Mike Brunner (@BulldogXTRM ) at bulldogxtrm@gmail.com with options for equivalent verification options that work for you to receive an exception. Please cc billb@cleardiff.com to keep me in the loop as we work thorugh this exception process. Our goal is to keep you on the tour so we will work with you to make it happen, but we need a way to verify the shipping address and phone number.

Information Security
: All personal information will be safeguarded by @Barra and will be deleted by request after the tour or by withdrawing from the tour. The information is stored on my personal computer is will not be shared with anyone other than to provide your contact/shipping information to the participant before you so that they can ship the kit your direction. You will be introduced in an email. Retained information is good for a year to join additional tours hosted by @Barra.

Individual Responsibilities
Participants must understand and agree to these responsibilities listed below as well as take them seriously. Those that do not follow through with the agreed upon responsibilities will be blacklisted from all future tours. Please do not sign up for the tour if you feel there is any reason that you cannot live up to this commitment.
  • Communicate: Those in the tour will be expected to be reasonably available to communicate in tour proceedings. Phone, PMs, and email should be responded to within 24 hours maximum. Failure to do so may negate your eligibility and potentially blacklist you from future tours.
  • Protect: Participants are responsible for the value of the kit while in their care and will be expected to reimburse the manufacturer for any losses due to participant negligence. The kits should be handled with care and protected from theft. Each participant is responsible for the kit from signed receipt to signed receipt. While the manufacturer accepts responsibility in the case of shipper losses if you ship signature required, participants are still responsible for managing the shipper loss process to its conclusion until the proceedings are concluded. Providing tracking information and following the rules is critical in determining where your responsibility stops.
  • Follow the Rules: Each participant is expected to follow the rules listed below exactly:
    • At Receipt of Tour Kit: We need to know that the tour kit was received immediately to release the last participant from responsibility.
      • Confirm Receipt within 24 Hours: Please confirm receipt on the existing email thread with myself and the sender within 24 hours so both myself and the previous party knows that the transfer is complete.
      • Introduction to Next Participant: I will then initiate an email thread with you and the next participant to arrange to ship at the end of your seven-day audition. It is your responsibility to remind me within 48 hours if there is no response and I will remove them from the tour and provide you with the next participant’s info.
      • Visibility: Please always respond to emails “Reply All” so that I have visibility into the shipping process.
      • Be Ready to Ship on Day 8: It is also your responsibility to ensure that you have shipped the kit to the next participant on the 8th day, so please be diligent in contacting and communicating with the next participant. Never send a kit to someone that has not responded.
      • Communicate Problems/Issues: If needed, you can always reach me directly at my email me at billb@cleardiff.com .
    • Impressions/Review (Optional): While optional, to keep things interesting on the tour, any impressions or insight that you can post in the thread would be greatly appreciated. Full reviews are even more appreciated.
    • Ship on Day 8:
      • Verified Recipient: It is your responsibility to verify the recipient before shipping through your communications. If you sense any issues, please contact me before shipping.
      • Verified Address: I will provide you with the verified address in our email. It is important to make sure that you only mail to the verified address unless the two of you get an exception from me first.
      • Signature Required: You must ship signature required (or insured) to avoid the responsibility of shipper mishaps. The manufacturer will assume responsibility if you follow the rules.
      • Shipper Confirmation #: You must provide the recipient and me with the confirmation number within 24 hours of shipping. This will allow the recipient to play receipt with signature required.
    • Responsibility Ends on Signed Receipt: Your responsibility ends when the shipper posts a signed receipt from the recipient.
Tour Signup
This is an open tour which we expect to support all requests to participate. To make this possible, we are requiring complete contact info up front. So, to sign up for this tour you will need to do two things:
  1. Post: Please post your name, city, and state only – no personal address in the public forum – and then declare that you agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Example Signup Post: From Barra: I live in Anthem, AZ and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.
  2. Email: Please email your complete contact info as detailed below to my personal email - billb@cleardiff.com:
    • Head-Fi Name: Please remember to include your Head-Fi alias so that I can match your email to your Head-Fi identity.
    • Subject Line Format: HeadFi Name - Your Name
    • Contact Info:
      • State Issued Photo ID: We need a picture of your driver's license or other qualified ID with photo and that reflects your home/shipping address.
      • Phone Bill: We need to verify your phone number and address with a photo of a current phone bill showing your phone number and address which matches your ID.
      • Email Address: We will be managing the tours through email which requires an email that you can respond to within 24 hours.
      • Backup Contact Info (Choose One of the Two):
        1. Employer: Name, Address, and Phone - or
        2. Relative: Name, Address, and Phone
That’s it. We reserve the right to turn down the application if we find a cause but hope to accommodate all those US Head-Fi’ers that are interested. If you follow these instructions, you are in.

Signups begin now, and will remain open during the tour welcoming late comers. However, we reserve the right to end signups at any time so please don’t hesitate or you may lose out. The tour will start when we have enough participants to create a reasonable list. Have fun!

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #4 of 69
Han Sound Tour Participant List
We hope to gather our list over the next few weeks to build logistics into our tour order. However, the tour will be starting in Seattle first and may start before we close our participation requests. We may add more as it makes sense, but later logistics will be first come first serve so likely to make postage more expensive. The good news is that we will do our best to accommodate all US Head-Fiers that wish to participate.

US Tour: (Logistical Order)

Name: Location:

West Coast Tour Kit
  1. @Barra - Anthem, AZ
  2. @koven - Santa Clara, CA >>> Received from @Barra : 7/13/18, Introduced 7/17/18, Shipped to @hattrick15 : 7/21/18
  3. @hattrick15 - Palo Alto, CA >>> Received from @koven :?
  4. @bvng3540 - Bothell, WA >>> Received from @hattrick15 : 7/23/18, Introduced to @Land-O-The-Free : 7/30/18, Shipped to @Land-O-The-Free : 7/31/18
  5. @Land-O-The-Free - East Wenatchee, WA >>> Received from @bvng3540 : 8/3/18, Introduced to @Blueshound24 : 8/7/18, Shipped to @Blueshound24 : ?
  6. @Blueshound24 - Sioux Falls, SD >>> Received from @Land-O-The-Free : 8/15/18, Introduced to @lotech : 8/15/18, Shipped to @lotech : ?
  7. @lotech - Frisco, Texas >>> Received from @Blueshound24 : 8/24/18, introduced to @San Man : 8/26/18, Shipped to @San Man : 9/1/18
  8. @San Man - Honolulu, HI >>> Received from @lotech : 9/3/18
East Coast Tour Kit
  1. @Barra - Anthem, AZ
  2. @BulldogXTRM - Gonzales, LA >>> Shipped to @ngoshawk : 7/6/18
  3. @ngoshawk - Warrensburg, MO >>> Received from @BulldogXTRM : 7/14/18, Shipped to @Ike1985 : ?
  4. @Ike1985 - Elizabethtown, KY >>> Received from @ngoshawk : 7/24/18, Introduced to @faithguy19 : 7/30/18, Shipped to @faithguy19 : 7/31/18
  5. @faithguy19 - Merrillville, IN >>> Received from @Ike1985 : 8/7/18, Introduced to @hung031086 : 8/7/18, Shipped to @hung031086 : 8/16/18
  6. @hung031086 - Madison, WI >>> Received from @faithguy19 : 8/17/18, introduced to @doctorjazz : 8/26/18, Shipped to @doctorjazz : ?
  7. @doctorjazz - Westfield, NJ >>> Received from @hung031086 : ?
  8. @ctsooner22 - Berlin, CT >>> Skipped due to travel requirements

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 69
Reviews and Impressions

Coming soon!

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #6 of 69
Example Participation Request

I live in Anthem, AZ and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. I will have emailed my required ID verification documentation to billb@cleardiff.com.

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #7 of 69
Count me in B!

May 23, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #11 of 69
I live in Honolulu Hawaii and I agree to the terms and conditions of the tour.

May 23, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #12 of 69
@Barra
Apologies if this is an annoying question, but would there be any consideration of doing a UK/EU tour for these? :)
Am currently on the UK/EU tours for UM Mason v3 and Rhapsodio Zombie, and I've been dying to have a chance to get a proper listening session with some high quality cables allowing me to compare a variety of materials and builds!
No harm to ask, right? :)

May 23, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #13 of 69
@Barra
Apologies if this is an annoying question, but would there be any consideration of doing a UK/EU tour for these? :)
Am currently on the UK/EU tours for UM Mason v3 and Rhapsodio Zombie, and I've been dying to have a chance to get a proper listening session with some high quality cables allowing me to compare a variety of materials and builds!
No harm to ask, right? :)
I personally have limited my tours to the US due to logistics. We even get in trouble crossing the border into Canada which seems silly. However, with all the tours that I am hearing about over there in the EU, someone is likely to be able to manage it if they as directly.

May 23, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #14 of 69
I live in Santa Clara, CA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

P.S. Any chance for them to include a 2pin to MMCX adapter?
Wasn't aware of any such MMCX adapter, would be interesting but this wasn't offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back