High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
May 4, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #1,801 of 4,183
Pinky, thanks for that. How would it pair with the Phantoms?

Pinky hasn't heard the Phantoms yet, unfortunately. But, Music Sanctuary should have those demos by the time I visit them next month. Stay tuned... :wink:

May 4, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #1,802 of 4,183
Pinky hasn't heard the Phantoms yet, unfortunately. But, Music Sanctuary should have those demos by the time I visit them next month. Stay tuned... :wink:

Yeah, unfortunate indeed. Someday, I do hope that will change. But right now, there's no doubt I have plenty on my plate. :)

May 4, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #1,804 of 4,183
Does anyone have pairing recommendations for a18t? I have a brimar grand master for my laylas and have heard no better cables for them, but i have heard some say gold plated cables might not be the best for a a18t.

That cable gave a good detail but sub bass was a bit loose while upper mid is a bit bright. It suite Layla II but for A18T which is neutral-bright IEMs, a bit more balanced cable combine with warm tone may suite it nice.

I love Wagnus Sievesheep.

1960s 2 wire is good one too.

Venom tamed it also have most liquid gold euphoric vocal I've ever heard

May 4, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #1,805 of 4,183
any idea's on what cable would pair nicely with the t8iemkii?

Xelento sounds similar so a cable someone has used for that as well with success will work.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #1,806 of 4,183
That cable gave a good detail but sub bass was a bit loose while upper mid is a bit bright. It suite Layla II but for A18T which is neutral-bright IEMs, a bit more balanced cable combine with warm tone may suite it nice.

I love Wagnus Sievesheep.

1960s 2 wire is good one too.

Venom tamed it also have most liquid gold euphoric vocal I've ever heard
Hmm thank you for your advice. Would the venom be significantly better than other hsa cables? Im not sure if i will like the woven shielding. It seems much thicker than 1960s too. Maybe ill ask HSA if they can make one without the fabric shielding. Do you have any experience comparing these to toxic cable's Gold Widow?

May 4, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #1,807 of 4,183
Hmm thank you for your advice. Would the venom be significantly better than other hsa cables? Im not sure if i will like the woven shielding. It seems much thicker than 1960s too. Maybe ill ask HSA if they can make one without the fabric shielding. Do you have any experience comparing these to toxic cable's Gold Widow?

Significantly better but with specific sound signature. Venom aren't thicker than 1960s 4 wires (which too much upper mid to my ears when paired with U18Tzar). Venom tamed upper frequency to make U18Tzar sound more balance. Instrument sound more individual.

Haven't tried Toxic gold yet.

May 5, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #1,809 of 4,183
got this plussound ehco+ (8 wire) using as my desktop balanced cable.
Love it.
image1.jpg

May 5, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #1,810 of 4,183
got this plussound ehco+ (8 wire) using as my desktop balanced cable.
Love it.
That is such a nice and rugged cable. I love how PlusSound has all these different sleeving options and that you can get a really durable cable built that still looks very pretty. The Poetic series for instance also looks really good and has a ton of colour options for unique designs or just straight up stealth black for a timeless classic look. Oh, so much temptation! :D

May 5, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #1,811 of 4,183
May 5, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #1,812 of 4,183
Not an IEM cable, you say? Sue me. :dark_sunglasses:

My new Sennheiser HD800 cable.

Double Helix Cables Molecule Elite 19 Fusion.

Enhances every one of HD800's inherent virtues. Clearer. Cleaner. Better contrast, due to a blacker background. Bass is ever so slightly boosted, thanks to the crazy-thick 18.8AWG wire.

It's spectacular.

May 5, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #1,814 of 4,183
That is such a nice and rugged cable. I love how PlusSound has all these different sleeving options and that you can get a really durable cable built that still looks very pretty. The Poetic series for instance also looks really good and has a ton of colour options for unique designs or just straight up stealth black for a timeless classic look. Oh, so much temptation! :D
yes, it is very durable, but the whole cable is very very soft, which I really like!
It obviously gives Roxanne sub-bass tighter and deeper, also bring some clarity.
I don't use this cable a lot, cause I use my iems in my office, but if I want to use these small pieces of jewelry with the destop setup it always a lot of pleasure.:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

May 6, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #1,815 of 4,183
I may try mixing different cables using effect audio bespoke or custom order from plussound for my A18t.
Maybe plussound X8 in half t-metal and half copper based wire to add more warmth. (not sure if tri copper, gpc, or gp hybrid) Ive heard T-metal is a good match but a little bit bright.
Effect audio im thinking a mix between horus or leonidas with lionheart, bacchus, or mars. (not sure if bespoke will let me use dealer specific cables)
Ill keep you guys updated with what i end up getting. Please let me know if you have any idea of what combination would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back