High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Apr 28, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #1,786 of 4,183
I'm currently on SP1000Cu+Lionheart+U18t .. and I honestly love the combo.

The question now is to Horus or not to Horus? :)

Anybody tried SP1000Cu+Horus+U/A18t?
I’m afraid the combo will become a bit too bright..

What else can I use to “go in the other direction” (of the Lionheart) without exaggerating?
PW 1960? ..?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #1,787 of 4,183
I'm currently on SP100Cu+Lionheart+U18t .. and I honestly love the combo.

The question now is to Horus or not to Horus? :)

Anybody tried SP1000Cu+Horus+U/A18t?
I’m afraid the combo will become a bit too bright..

What else can I use to “go in the other direction” (of the Lionheart) without exaggerating?
PW 1960? ..?

Both 1960s and Horus will give you an edgy sound since upper mid is too prominent (at least to my ears) eventhough more micro detail will show more than other cable.

I do love Venom from Hansound Audio since it give more relaxed sound with liquid gold vocal.

If you have 8 braids Lionheart already, it not necessary to upgrade the cable. Unless you want other signature. Montana from OC is good warm one.

Apr 29, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #1,788 of 4,183
Both 1960s and Horus will give you an edgy sound since upper mid is too prominent (at least to my ears) eventhough more micro detail will show more than other cable.

I do love Venom from Hansound Audio since it give more relaxed sound with liquid gold vocal.

If you have 8 braids Lionheart already, it not necessary to upgrade the cable. Unless you want other signature. Montana from OC is good warm one.
Thnx!
I have the “old Lionheart”, 4 braids, and it smoothens a bit the SP+U18t combo.
Really enjoying it.

Not looking for an upgrade.. more looking for something “edgier” than the Lion with more micro details retrieval (for when I fee like it) but I’m afraid both 1960 and Horus will be a bit too much.

Venom.. will be in Spore in 2 weeks and will try it in Music Sanctuary.
How comfortable do you find it?

I was looking at Effect Audio as their cables are IMHO extremely comfortable, very flexible.. they just disappear.

Was also thinking if the Leonidas would squeeze out just the right amount of details without becoming harsh (Leo is more gentle on the wallet than Horus :) )

Apr 29, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #1,789 of 4,183
Venom's treble won't sound edgy as you may looking for but it's smooth as real silk. It seems like a dark sounding cable but I count it as an advantage since every instruments sound so individual and background are pitchblack(maybe effect from seperated ground cable)

But since you look for a little brighter. Venom won't suite you.

Leonidas should do :)

Apr 30, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #1,791 of 4,183
Would anyone happen to know if the use of nylon sleeving tends to improve or degrade the sonic performance of IEM cables? I've noticed few popular IEM cables seem to be sleeved yet it is very popular with headphone cables.

Apr 30, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #1,792 of 4,183
Would anyone happen to know if the use of nylon sleeving tends to improve or degrade the sonic performance of IEM cables? I've noticed few popular IEM cables seem to be sleeved yet it is very popular with headphone cables.

It depends on the implementation. Is it being used as a RF/EMI shield? Is is there to cut down or eliminate microphonic that can happen with some delicate wires? Just depends on the cable.

Apr 30, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #1,793 of 4,183

Probably you mean PTFE which claims to be a good insulator that provide best sq.

Anyway, we just see the outcome no matter sleeve, conductor, plugs, solder used.

May 4, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #1,796 of 4,183
Incredible OCC cables!! Love both 50s and 60s!!
IMG_0792.JPG

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #1,798 of 4,183
has anyone tried plussound's gold plated hybrid?

I've reviewed both the Tri-Metal and Tri-Copper, and highly recommend them. And their Gold-Plated Copper, which is a personal favorite.

May 4, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #1,799 of 4,183
I consider the GPC one of the best all-around cables you can buy, as it's remarkably uncolored, natural-sounding, and transparent.

However, I must admit, I've been rocking the Tri-Copper a lot lately. It beefs up the Legend X to a goddamn badass!

May 4, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #1,800 of 4,183
I consider the GPC one of the best all-around cables you can buy, as it's remarkably uncolored, natural-sounding, and transparent.

However, I must admit, I've been rocking the Tri-Copper a lot lately. It beefs up the Legend X to a goddamn badass!

Pinky, thanks for that. How would it pair with the Phantoms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back