High End CIEM/IEM Thread!
Oct 1, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #811 of 903
Actually, I'm joining a drop right now on massdrop for Customart's exclusive Ei.XX CIEMs. Hidition will simply do it for free? I've never bought anything from them. I was considering doing mine nearby from where I live at Phonak. Cost is less than 10 dollars. 

I am considering a single BA custom as well for daily use. Do you know if there is one under 250? Thinking about Hidition's single BA models. NT1 or the model below it. 

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #812 of 903
  Actually, I'm joining a drop right now on massdrop for Customart's exclusive Ei.XX CIEMs. Hidition will simply do it for free? I've never bought anything from them. I was considering doing mine nearby from where I live at Phonak. Cost is less than 10 dollars. 

I am considering a single BA custom as well for daily use. Do you know if there is one under 250? Thinking about Hidition's single BA models. NT1 or the model below it. 

NT1 is actually ok for a single driver. As their marketing director put it, it wasn't meant for audiophiles, but for consumers who wanted a taste of CIEM. For $250, it would probably be better to reshell an IEM you already have.

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #813 of 903
I totally agree, but I'm not willing to reshell my current IEMs that can be reshelled. I don't know. I get all sentimental about them and I can't bear the thought of cracking open perfectly fine IEMs for reshelling and in the process kill their resale value (not that I would sell them). I called one of the companies affiliated with Hidition and they told me that the cost to get impressions for both sides would cost me around 30 bucks. So I'm guessing that the free impressions are only for those who are looking to purchase a pair from Hidition. 

Yeah, my mind is pretty much made up with the CustomArt Music One at this point. 

On a interesting note, I didn't know that Korea made CIEMs prior to this week. The other funny thing is that I also found out that there is a CIEM company in the Philippines called Flipears. They made some serious bang for the buck CIEMs. Their triple-BA only cost 310 or so, and their dual was around 250. Seriously cheap. That is until they changed their product line and now their entrant to dual-BA cost around the same as their previous triple-BA. Bummer...

For anyone interested, this is their current line and pricing:
1 Dynamic driver model - TBD (Used to be the model X, priced at 8000 pesos or ~160 USD)
2 BA (2-way crossover) "Aiden" - 15000 Pesos (around 310 USD or so)
2 (TBD, could be 3) BA (3-way crossover) "Aisha" - 20000 Pesos (around 420 USD)
4 BA (3-way crossover) "Aim" - 23000 Pesos (460 USD)

Conversions are just roughly off the top of my head. If you think that these are good prices, then they're worth a look. The few that did buy their products reviewed them and said that the old triple driver model (dubbed the XXX. No question what the dual used to be called) sounds a lot like a pair of ES3X from Westone. But with better extended highs and a more powerful low end. 

They only sell locally, in the Philippines. So if interested, be sure you make vacation plans. Impressions cost 500 pesos, or just north of 10 USD. 

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #814 of 903
  I totally agree, but I'm not willing to reshell my current IEMs that can be reshelled. I don't know. I get all sentimental about them and I can't bear the thought of cracking open perfectly fine IEMs for reshelling and in the process kill their resale value (not that I would sell them). I called one of the companies affiliated with Hidition and they told me that the cost to get impressions for both sides would cost me around 30 bucks. So I'm guessing that the free impressions are only for those who are looking to purchase a pair from Hidition. 

Yeah, my mind is pretty much made up with the CustomArt Music One at this point. 

On a interesting note, I didn't know that Korea made CIEMs prior to this week. The other funny thing is that I also found out that there is a CIEM company in the Philippines called Flipears. They made some serious bang for the buck CIEMs. Their triple-BA only cost 310 or so, and their dual was around 250. Seriously cheap. That is until they changed their product line and now their entrant to dual-BA cost around the same as their previous triple-BA. Bummer...

For anyone interested, this is their current line and pricing:
1 Dynamic driver model - TBD (Used to be the model X, priced at 8000 pesos or ~160 USD)
2 BA (2-way crossover) "Aiden" - 15000 Pesos (around 310 USD or so)
2 (TBD, could be 3) BA (3-way crossover) "Aisha" - 20000 Pesos (around 420 USD)
4 BA (3-way crossover) "Aim" - 23000 Pesos (460 USD)

Conversions are just roughly off the top of my head. If you think that these are good prices, then they're worth a look. The few that did buy their products reviewed them and said that the old triple driver model (dubbed the XXX. No question what the dual used to be called) sounds a lot like a pair of ES3X from Westone. But with better extended highs and a more powerful low end. 

They only sell locally, in the Philippines. So if interested, be sure you make vacation plans. Impressions cost 500 pesos, or just north of 10 USD. 

Huh interesting. Hidition truly makes high quality CIEMs and are quite well known actually. The NT6Pro is definitely one of the best CIEMs I've heard.

Oct 10, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #815 of 903
Clear Tune Monitors CT-6Elite

4 way cross over with a four bore design
6 BA driver

edited to reflect proper cross over specs from ctms website

edited again gave the folks at CTM a call and the techs confirmed it is indeed a 4-way cross over design!

Nov 14, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #818 of 903
if anybody is looking for an as new TOTL cable for his CIEMS: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/787450/toxic-cable-venom-silver-for-iem-ciem

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #819 of 903
MH335DW has just arrived and it sounds so amazinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.....

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #820 of 903
  Huh interesting. Hidition truly makes high quality CIEMs and are quite well known actually. The NT6Pro is definitely one of the best CIEMs I've heard.

As a Korean, I feel obligated to pick up a pair. Lol. Same goes for Astell & Kern. Although to be honest, way too much competition from China's Fiio and iBasso making it pretty hard to justify the cost. I'd definitely consider the AK jr, but then there is also the new DX80 and the X5ii. X7 looks really sweet too. 

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #821 of 903
Anyway, I digress. Will definitely look to trying out Hidition products in the future. I see that the NT6 is a highly recommended offering. Anyone try the Viento-Reference? It's more expensive than the NT6 and is a quad driver model. 

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #822 of 903
Driver number doesn't mean much in audio business mate, it is the tuning you should be aware of
happy_face1.gif

Check this out: http://theheadphonelist.com/ciem_review/hidition-viento-r-custom-ear-monitor-review-tunable-reference/

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #823 of 903
  Driver number doesn't mean much in audio business mate, it is the tuning you should be aware of
happy_face1.gif

Check this out: http://theheadphonelist.com/ciem_review/hidition-viento-r-custom-ear-monitor-review-tunable-reference/

Yes, as evidenced by some of Custom Art's offerings. But thanks for the link. I'll definitely take a moment to go over it.

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #824 of 903
happy_face1.gif

I totally agree. I own iem's with 2 drivers and iem's with 12 drivers. The number of drivers is no guarantee of better performance. The design and tuning are much more important. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back