High End CIEM/IEM Thread!
Nov 22, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #826 of 903
  Is that the warframe logo?

You bet your ass it is!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #827 of 903
any review comparing ciem's or universal iem's that can be ciem?

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #829 of 903
On the other hand, has anyone heard of Jomo Audio?

I'm getting a pair from them(their reference 6R) and will write up a review within the next few weeks. It's always nice to see smaller CIEM companies around. 

I'll post some pics too once it gets to me.

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #830 of 903
  On the other hand, has anyone heard of Jomo Audio?

I'm getting a pair from them(their reference 6R) and will write up a review within the next few weeks. It's always nice to see smaller CIEM companies around. 

I'll post some pics too once it gets to

Interesting never heard of them before. I see they are using a horn design similar to what Fitear has been doing. Please post some impressions once you get them. Curious as to how you chose that particular company?

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #831 of 903
Jomo audio is a local Singaporean ciem company. Very value for money brand, but that doesn't mean they're bad. I heard a friends 6R and wow its bloody great. Only thing is that it can be on the aggressive/bright side and lack bass for some. But it's extremely resolving and detailed and clear.

I'm short, it's very good. Definitely TOTL level.

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #832 of 903
  Interesting never heard of them before. I see they are using a horn design similar to what Fitear has been doing. Please post some impressions once you get them. Curious as to how you chose that particular company?

I write for a blog(CYMBACAVUM), and Jomo audio contacted us regarding a review. I will post a complete review in a few weeks and first impressions sometime next week.

Jomo audio is a local Singaporean ciem company. Very value for money brand, but that doesn't mean they're bad. I heard a friends 6R and wow its bloody great. Only thing is that it can be on the aggressive/bright side and lack bass for some. But it's extremely resolving and detailed and clear.

I'm short, it's very good. Definitely TOTL level.

I plan on comparing it with the UERM, but we'll see. I'm quite excited.

Dec 22, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #836 of 903
I have recently purchases a Hidition Viento type A CIEM. This is my first really expensive IEM purchase and I can say that I am very satisfied. Someone asked about the Viento-R and I think its awesome. I think that the fixed tuning type Viento(A,B,C or D) is the best price/performance as the switches don't really change the sound drastically. The changes in the bass and the midrange is noticeable with the switches flipped on/off but for me its not worth paying almost twice the price just for that alone. I had auditioned the NT6, NT6pro, Viento and the Hidition RM but this is the one I liked best. The NT6 was very good with great clarity and nice treble but somehow NT6pro did not really impress me much. I like a balanced and neutral sound and the Viento seemed right for me. It had the clarity of the NT6 without the overemphasis in the treble and a more neutral sound especially in the mids. The RM is also pretty neutral to my ears with a little elevated bass and lacking extension compared to the Viento. I might have got the NT6 but the demo unit at Hidition headquarter had some problem with coherency between the left and right earpiece. When I asked about it, the Hidition people said that they knew about the problem with the demo unit. I don't know if they are going to fix it or not. Anyone wanting to audition the NT6 in Seoul please try and go to some other Hidition listening center rather than their headquarters near Seoul National University. Currently I am enjoying the Viento immensely. I have a question for you guys though. I have the Fiio X3, Xuelin 770 and HM 601-LE and the Hifiman performs best with my Viento. Do you guys suggest any relatively cheap DAP that might really help unlock the full potential of the Viento? My budget is less than $400. Thanks.

P.S. sorry for the poor pics, I am very bad at taking photos.

Dec 24, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #837 of 903
a secondhand dx100 could perform extremely well as it is not anymore very expensive in secondhand conditions. Except the hm601 it's pretty hard to find a dap with similar tonalities like lush mids smooth trebles and textured bass. Perhaps could you find an ak100mkII ?

Jan 1, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #838 of 903
A quick impression of the Jomo 6R.

It's the clearest CIEM I've ever heard. Even more so than the UERM. The layering is absolutely top notch, and the speed is to die for. Pretty exceptionally done. The bass is quick and punchy, although it can be weak at times. The mids aren't lush, but very dry and precise. On the other hand, the stage could be a bit wider. I love them so much that I've only used the UERM to compare to the 6R.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #839 of 903
What is everyone's thoughts on Noble 4u vs the 1964 U4? Not sure if adel would add anything for me or not. I like sound stage a bit more bass/sub bass and an otherwise flat response.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #840 of 903
I'm very impressed with the KSE1500. It's my new top dog in ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back