High End CIEM/IEM Thread!
Feb 24, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #241 of 903
The Westone ES3X, quite balanced IEMs with a bit more pronounced mids. Very natural sound with some warmth. Quite detailed and has nice depth to the soundstage for an IEM, but they lack in soundstage space and low bass power which I'd wish be more like the HD-800's precise, tight and powerful bass. I haven't heard any other high-end IEMs so I don't know whether the rest suffer from the same reasonable issues.

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #242 of 903

Spiral Ear SE5 with Gold Cable. Really loving this pairing on the Triad L3 with pure silver 3.5 to RCA on the Triad L3 & AK120 S-mod. :).

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #243 of 903
SE5way, yup I second that, a true high end ciem, even after all those times and new comers, still stays strong as the owner of the throne.

Gotta love that combo Lee. Where did you get the gold cable? Was there a problem with connectors or pins etc?

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #244 of 903
The gold cable is from Tralucent Audio. It is the original gold cable which sounds significantly different from the new gold cable. I really liked how this cable paired on the Heir 8As. Made them somewhat decent besides the fart-like bass they had... I had to sand the connectors down on the gold cable to make them fit. But they fit perfectly after doing that.

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #245 of 903
  The gold cable is from Tralucent Audio. It is the original gold cable which sounds significantly different from the new gold cable. I really liked how this cable paired on the Heir 8As. Made them somewhat decent besides the fart-like bass they had... I had to sand the connectors down on the gold cable to make them fit. But they fit perfectly after doing that.

Thanks mate, good job you have done there. It looks awesome in the photo.

I heard Grzegorz will start making SE5way with good old 2 pins cable, the industry standart pin length and connector type. I think it will be easier to get aftermarket cables in this new form. When I have some time for these things, I will send him an email to see what can be done.

Also I am losing a lot of weight and my right ear fit becomes tighter a little bit while the left one fits like a glove. Maybe I can get both remoulding and cable upgrade. I will surely post in SE5way thread.

The only problem is, this master takes too much time, I can't really find myself working on these things
frown.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #246 of 903
I'm set with the gold cable. Decided not gonna send the SE5 back for refit or to have Grzegorz fix the blue piece that fell off. Not worth $200+ for shipping IMO.

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #247 of 903
  I'm set with the gold cable. Decided not gonna send the SE5 back for refit or to have Grzegorz fix the blue piece that fell off. Not worth $200+ for shipping IMO.

If the fit doesn't create problem, I also don't see any reason. Cosmetics are not important for me either. However yesterday I sent an email to him with a few questions, including the new cable connector and my changing right ear fit. When everything settles down and clear, I will post in SE5way thread, for the moment I am waiting for his response. I did the test in Sensaphonics website and I found my right ear needs a little bit work. The bass response is slightly lacking compared to the left. Nothing big deal like it is ruining my experience but of course when you get a monitor like that, you want to get the best out of it.

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #248 of 903
It's that time of the year for me. I'm contemplating whether or not I should get a fitear CIEM or to get something else...

Right now, the Tg334 still remains my top choice. But still being a universal, I do get some seal issues occasionally.

But then I realize that a fitear custom of my choice would be close to $2300 USD... + my plane flight. Then I start hesitating...

Any thoughts?

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #249 of 903
It's that time of the year for me. I'm contemplating whether or not I should get a fitear CIEM or to get something else...

Right now, the Tg334 still remains my top choice. But still being a universal, I do get some seal issues occasionally.

But then I realize that a fitear custom of my choice would be close to $2300 USD... + my plane flight. Then I start hesitating...

Any thoughts?

Where is your current location, in Eu or the States or some other place is Asia?

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #250 of 903

Any thoughts?
Just ask a friend in HK to get it for you...dealers in HK will take outside impressions with minimal convincing I think.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #253 of 903
Just ask a friend in HK to get it for you...dealers in HK will take outside impressions with minimal convincing I think.

Probably won't do that though. Cuz the last time I did impressions at my local audiologist, I got pretty negative results. Nothing in the process went wrong, so I suppose the normal process (JH/UE/standard) of making impressions won't work for me. Hence why I turned towards FitEar with its "different" impression taking style and shorter stem to ensure great fit. 

I'll be going to China for the summer, so a quick stop in HK isn't a prob. I just got cold feet since my ideal CIEM is around 2100 USD. I was thinking of how else I could spend it on audio instead of FitEars. But so far, none of the other kilobuck CIEMs interest me (K10/Mentor/Roxannes). I'm tied towards the FitEar house sound, which makes sense since my favorite artists use the FitEar pro line.

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #255 of 903
  The States...
frown.gif

There are other options I believe than FitEar. I am not saying anything bad against FitEar's quality, I adore their craftsmanship but when it is not possible to get it or almost impossible to get it, maybe you can look for alternatives.

As a European, I gave up on FitEar ciems until they decide to go international (which I doubt).

You can look for alternatives. I don't want to name any brand but depending on your sound preferences, you can get your perfect ciem much easier and probably cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back