HiFiMan Susvara
Jan 12, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #23,401 of 25,682
Has anyone here experimented with ZMF pads on the Susvara? Apparently the hybrid Auteur pads are amazing. I swore by cowhide Ori pads on my HE-6SEv1. There's a cowhide Caldera pad, but it's perforated... I mean at some point I will probably spend hundreds on ZMF pads, but are there any canaries in the coal mine here?

Stock pads for me. I feel that some of Susvara's magic gets lost when you swap a different pad

Jan 12, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #23,402 of 25,682
Gosh, all these wonderful systems I'm reading about here! For me, having a small footprint is still a strong consideration, so I am still enjoying this set up with the Susvara and my other headphones. Maybe not optimal, but it does still sound quite nice. I am a little jealous of some of the systems I've seen here, though!

Oors Wandla Hypsos.jpg
One aspect of this setup that I love is that you are listening to live music. Susvara simply kills it on live music, especially female vocals.

Jan 12, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #23,403 of 25,682
I got my Danacables Nirvana cables today. They are hefty, but beautiful. Now onto listening :L3000:

IMG_3811.jpeg

Jan 12, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #23,405 of 25,682
First 5 minute listen....yo these things are great! I feel like the bass is a little better, and everything sounds a bit more clear compared to stock.

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #23,406 of 25,682
These Nirvanas are heavy. Luckily I got 2.5m so I can put some cable in my lap. I'm glad I got them though. They live up to the hype so far. Which I guess they should given the cost. I'm thinking about getting an adaptor for my TCs.

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #23,409 of 25,682
Has anyone here experimented with ZMF pads on the Susvara? Apparently the hybrid Auteur pads are amazing. I swore by cowhide Ori pads on my HE-6SEv1. There's a cowhide Caldera pad, but it's perforated... I mean at some point I will probably spend hundreds on ZMF pads, but are there any canaries in the coal mine here?

I tried a bunch and didn't find any of them better than the stock Sus pads, just slightly different, and in one area worse than stock, the opening of all the ZMF pads are smaller and there was a noticeable decrease in overall size and spaciousness of the soundstage. Overall I like the stock pads more.

These Nirvanas are heavy. Luckily I got 2.5m so I can put some cable in my lap. I'm glad I got them though. They live up to the hype so far. Which I guess they should given the cost. I'm thinking about getting an adaptor for my TCs.

I have some adapters for my Nirvana to go with the TCs, if you thought the TCs were heavy before, wait til you try them with Nirvanas lol... getting a real neck workout each time, but worth it...

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #23,410 of 25,682
The bass on the Sus is actually really good. It's not as booming as the TCs, but it extends lower. It is actually really good. It could be your only pair of headphones and you'd be happy.

I've been neglecting my Sus, for the TCs, but now that I exchanged for the 3.5mm and the Nirvana cable, I'm getting back into it.

I recently sold off most of my estat equipment. I need more bass. The Sus is now my 2nd favorite pair of headphones I own, with the TCs as number 1.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #23,411 of 25,682
They're probably as twice as thick as the Eletech Inferno that I use for the Sus :)
How have you found the Infernos cp to stock cables? Details please!

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #23,412 of 25,682
the sus is a truly great HP...to me it is the best balanced all around option

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #23,413 of 25,682
The bass on the Sus is actually really good. It's not as booming as the TCs, but it extends lower. It is actually really good. It could be your only pair of headphones and you'd be happy.

I've been neglecting my Sus, for the TCs, but now that I exchanged for the 3.5mm and the Nirvana cable, I'm getting back into it.

I recently sold off most of my estat equipment. I need more bass. The Sus is now my 2nd favorite pair of headphones I own, with the TCs as number 1.
you sure are basshead lol

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #23,414 of 25,682
Jan 12, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #23,415 of 25,682
you sure are basshead lol
I am, but I'm also a treble head. I don't care about mids as much, which is why I like the 1266 TCs so much. With this Nirvana cable, I'm getting HE-1 vibes. Maybe the CFA3 with a tube pre really is the answer. The Sus is really a good pair of headphones. I heard the Sus off a $100K setup at a friend's house, and it sounded really good. My sh!t right now is reminding me of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back