HiFiMan Susvara
Jan 12, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #23,386 of 25,686
Hoping this works using Burson 3XGT as a pre-amp as well- 3XGT is -almost- there on its own. Bass is good but I feel there sure is more. Had a look at the Bryston 2.5B cubed speaker amp today too. Definitely going on my short list (especially tempting if a used one comes available on the Classified with that long warranty).
Look around fir a Pass Labs XA25, too.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #23,387 of 25,686
So they say. I'll try it on both my WA33 EE JPS and CFA3. Like I said, I have low expectations. I expect it to be mediocre, but I still wanna give it a shot. After all, you never know. The wait time on these things is substantial though. I guess the guy 3D prints every headphone by himself or something.
yeah, modhouse is essentially a one man operation. demand for the tungsten is high and i think the wait time for one is currently 12 weeks. i wouldn't be surprised if that extends based on the hype. ryan certainly has his work cut out.

Jan 12, 2024 at 2:12 AM Post #23,388 of 25,686
Yes. I loved the Susvara on the Bliss and thought that the regular WA33 was not that great even as it was the GOAT for the 1266TC. I hear the WA33 Elite is better with Sus.

That said, I recently bought a Riviera A1C-10 and it is by far the best pairing for Susvara that I have ever heard. I liked it more than the Senn HE-1. It really improves the bass quality of Sus and any other headphone I have paired with it. I would check out that set up, too.

Thanks for your input, great to hear from you!

Jan 12, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #23,389 of 25,686
Yes. I loved the Susvara on the Bliss and thought that the regular WA33 was not that great even as it was the GOAT for the 1266TC. I hear the WA33 Elite is better with Sus.

That said, I recently bought a Riviera A1C-10 and it is by far the best pairing for Susvara that I have ever heard. I liked it more than the Senn HE-1. It really improves the bass quality of Sus and any other headphone I have paired with it. I would check out that set up, too.
What amps have you enjoyed with susvara other than Riviera A1C-10 and bliss?

Jan 12, 2024 at 4:10 AM Post #23,390 of 25,686
What amps have you enjoyed with susvara other than Riviera A1C-10 and bliss?
There are so many.

1. Riviera A1C-10
2. Zahl HM1
3. Holo Bliss
4. WA23
5. Ampsandsound Nautilus, Nautilus 2
6. Ampsandsound Red October
7. Viva Egoista 845
8. MassKobo 465
9. Wells Audio Headtrip II

In no particular order, those are the best sounding that I recall. I was getting ready to buy a Bliss when I put those plans on hold after hearing A1C-10. I would be thrilled with any of those amps

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #23,392 of 25,686
There are so many.

1. Riviera A1C-10
2. Zahl HM1
3. Holo Bliss
4. WA23
5. Ampsandsound Nautilus, Nautilus 2
6. Ampsandsound Red October
7. Viva Egoista 845
8. MassKobo 465
9. Wells Audio Headtrip II

In no particular order, those are the best sounding that I recall. I was getting ready to buy a Bliss when I put those plans on hold after hearing A1C-10. I would be thrilled with any of those amps
If you ever get the chance, audition the Hifiman EF1000 and the Trafomatic Primavera with the Susvara.

I found the EF1000 is far superior to the Viva Egoista 845 with the Susvaras.

Just make sure you have a TOTL / high quality source input connected to them (especially with the EF1000 - from my hands on long term experience owning this Amp (haven't tried the Primavera but would love to someday))

Jan 12, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #23,393 of 25,686
If you ever get the chance, audition the Hifiman EF1000 and the Trafomatic Primavera with the Susvara.

I found the EF1000 is far superior to the Viva Egoista 845 with the Susvaras.

Just make sure you have a TOTL / high quality source input connected to them (especially with the EF1000 - from my hands on long term experience owning this Amp (haven't tried the Primavera but would love to someday))
I didn't like it when I heard it, but it wasn't in ideal conditions.

Jan 12, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #23,394 of 25,686
Gosh, all these wonderful systems I'm reading about here! For me, having a small footprint is still a strong consideration, so I am still enjoying this set up with the Susvara and my other headphones. Maybe not optimal, but it does still sound quite nice. I am a little jealous of some of the systems I've seen here, though!

Oors Wandla Hypsos.jpg

Jan 12, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #23,395 of 25,686
Gosh, all these wonderful systems I'm reading about here! For me, having a small footprint is still a strong consideration, so I am still enjoying this set up with the Susvara and my other headphones. Maybe not optimal, but it does still sound quite nice. I am a little jealous of some of the systems I've seen here, though!

Oors Wandla Hypsos.jpg
I'd say that you're rolling in the sweet spot.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #23,396 of 25,686

Oors Wandla Hypsos.jpg

That's max price/enjoyment factor right there. Wandla with Hypsos is an awesome DAC with none of inherent weaknesses of inferior implemented ESS DACs. OOR is perfectly capable to driving the Sus. Beyond that is just searching for the last drop of performance seriously

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #23,397 of 25,686

Oors Wandla Hypsos.jpg

I’m running the same set up, Ferrum Wandla, Hypsos, Oor. It’s one of the best “Budget-friendly” options to really drive the Susvara. I think at this point I am probably leaning towards adding a tube pre to the mix just for something different, but keeping the power that the Oor offers.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #23,398 of 25,686
Try the Envy with WE300B Tubes 😍 just amazing
I second that,surprisingly to be honest...I did not expect it to drive the susvara so well..the WE300b is a real upgrade

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #23,399 of 25,686
I didn't like it when I heard it, but it wasn't in ideal conditions.
I do think hearing any gear at canjam or other get togethers is problematic at best....first time I heard the susvara years ago i didnt like it...over time I came to love it....you need time and privacy and you need your own gear to make real judgment

Jan 12, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #23,400 of 25,686
Has anyone here experimented with ZMF pads on the Susvara? Apparently the hybrid Auteur pads are amazing. I swore by cowhide Ori pads on my HE-6SEv1. There's a cowhide Caldera pad, but it's perforated... I mean at some point I will probably spend hundreds on ZMF pads, but are there any canaries in the coal mine here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back