Hifiman RE262 Initial Impressions
Nov 1, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #241 of 862
Haha that just means that zeros are comfy enough and the 262s are not. I don't want to sleep while wearing them. I think they damage my ears.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #242 of 862
My ears are on the big side but i find them very comfortable down. I put them in and then twist them (leftside clockwise) a little so the lump bit rests down against the back of my ear, they stay very snug.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #243 of 862
I find the RE262 pretty comfortable and pretty similar in comfort to the RE-Zero. I put on some sony hybrids just now and I do get better isolation than before although the tips I was using before don't offer the best isolation but they do sound good. I'll have to test out the isolation sometime this week or next. I should have a good amount of time on them by now.

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #244 of 862
tip questions:
what tips work with the 262s, will they take comply 400s, has anyone tried monster super tips yet,  how do tip swaps affect them?

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #245 of 862
The monster super tips fit the re262 perfectly and it has better isolation than the stock bi-flange tips. I haven't done a in depth testing of all the tips but I personally prefer the comply monster super tips over the stock bi-flange and sony hybrid tips.

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #246 of 862
I used the RE262 with the balanced M9 tips and it was great. It sounds better than the sony hybrids. I was going to do some tiny comparisons to the IE7 but never got to it as I was listening to the RE262 all last night
smily_headphones1.gif
Any large sized nozzle tip would fit just fine. I haven't tried the Monster gel or foam supertips but I don't usually like those tips 

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #248 of 862
About my previous comment... nope, these changed radically with even more burn in(I though I had enough when I wrote that but I was wrong) and I like it much better than the RE-Zero now. the only problem now is the fit... if I wear it upside down I can't get a seal on my left ear(but I do on my right one). I think I need a long tip like larger stock bi-flanges, but I don't like it. If I get some foam tips, can anybody recommend one? The nozzle is quite wide, and I have no idea what to buy. 

Quote:
Okay, to explain the character quickly, it reminds me of my SRH840's sound when they're driven by my tubes, but with more treble (on sylvania GB408A, treble is brought down quite a bit, so this is a good thing, I'd say it's just a powerful and full sounding iem, and yes, very warm). bass is full and not overbearing, mids are gorgous, and highs are just right. They're very smooth for an IEM, easily the smoothest I've heard.
smily_headphones1.gif

Powerful and full. I agree. 

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #249 of 862
The only foam tips that will fit 262 without mod are the Comply T400 / S400 / TX400. Personally I will recommend T400 before the other two. Once you done with the first pair, keep the inner stem of the Comply and glue the foam of Shure olive over it and you get a pair of foam tip that will last a very long time and fit the 262.

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #251 of 862
Quote:
ClieOS, how did the RE262 sound with no foam in them if you tried that?

Bright and metallic (quick and sparkly), as you would expect from a metal diaphragm. Bass loses its texture. Still the overall sound is decent, but I find it sounds better with foam (repositioned of course).

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #252 of 862
I definitely agree. Metallic is exactly what it sounds like with no filter and foam. I decided to give the foam reposition mod a try as I finished my notes on the RE262 stock with burn in. Changes stock and after foam reposition is pretty subtle so far but can be noticed if looking for it. It's a bit harder when you are just listening but still there.

I more or less finished my thoughts on the RE262 and will post something in a couple of days so there should be something middle to end of the week. I just have to organize everything and include some things on the foam change.

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #253 of 862
which amp would you suggest for the 262 ?

price < 100$ please....

Nov 30, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #254 of 862
Quote:
which amp would you suggest for the 262 ?

price < 100$ please....

I was considering the same decision but in the end decided to knock out two birds with one stone: preordered an S:flo2, apparently it isn't worth amping the S:flo2 unless you are willing to spend more than ~$250...

Get the 262s in a week.  Get the S:flo2 before Jan 1st. I hope.  Will post impressions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back