Hifiman RE262 Initial Impressions
Nov 30, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #256 of 862

How is this one for 252/262 ?

Bass Boost cMoy v2.02

http://www.jdslabs.com/products.php?page=cmoy

anyone here got it ? impressions ?

65$ seems like a normal price....i will be using a clip+ so the 2nd questions is does it need an amp or is it too much for this player ?

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #257 of 862

Quote:

How is this one for 252/262 ?

Both have different specs.  The 262 wants more juice than the 252.

Bass Boost cMoy v2.02

anyone here got it ? impressions ?

Search is your friend.  Many impressions.

65$ seems like a normal price....i will be using a clip+ so the 2nd questions is does it need an amp or is it too much for this player ?

Some seem to like anything out of a DAP as long as it can attain reasonable listening levels and consider that 'driven well'.  Others prefer to get the best sound from their gear possible and don't mind carrying an extra accessory.  So that's a question to ask yourself.

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #258 of 862
got my 262 today

if anyone can recommend a good amp for less than 100$ , please say so

Thanx
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #260 of 862
Unless you can grab a mini3 off the FS forums. I saw a nuforce icon mobile going for like $40 in the FS a couple days ago.

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #261 of 862
Quote:
got my 262 today

if anyone can recommend a good amp for less than 100$ , please say so

Thanx
beerchug.gif

Got my RE262s today too...does your plug match the shape of mine?  I bought mine on ebay from someone that said they received it alongside the HM602 (US based seller).  It doesn't match the shape of any in the pictures in the early 262 reviews.  Aside from that detail they're identical & sound pretty good, forward mids and everything.

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #262 of 862
It looks like it has been reterminated with a different plug. The plug looks similar to the one from the MC5.

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #263 of 862
i got mine here from member corsario (hell of a guy btw) who bought it with the 602 combo and my plug has a different corner shape (almost 90o if you know what i mean)

since he didn't listen to them , i put them on burn-in mode so i can't say much until the sound sig stabilizes

listened to them for a while and i liked them so all is well

Bigger/better soundstage than the zeros , better nice bass (not boomy) and listened to small tiny details that were hidden from the zeros

I am listening to the zeros now , they seem to have more tremble/bright sq but as i said i like them both and this is a good sign that the zeros are not a waste of money

funny thing is , i am also getting a new pair of 252 in 20 days , so this will be fun seeing which one i like and if i will keep all 3 hifiman iem's

as for the amp thing , not being able to find any T3/MINI3 in the FS threads

i will wither go for one of these 2 (probably)

or

http://www.electric-avenues.com/audio8.html

the pa2v2 has a slight advantage , being able to get recharged while being in use....

if anyone has heard both and can elaborate to which one is 'better' , i would be much obliged
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #264 of 862
Mine has that same plug, as well as a plastic strain relief. The guy I bought them from said he was one of the last who got the bundle, so maybe it is a new style. In any case I believe head direct sent them like that because the case was still sealed when I received them.

Dec 3, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #266 of 862
my thoughts exactly , having got used to the great treble of the zero , the first hearing of the 262 wasn't a heartbreak tbh

Great soundstage , yes
Better bass , yes
More details ,yes

But still sth is missing , but since the zero got way better with burning in (i saw improvement even after the 100-hour mark...)  i will leave them burning-in for some 50 hours and be patient before making a final statement

I also think i should buy a decent amp asap , as these look like they could use an amp to drive them to a better volume

BTW if anyone here using 262 with an amp costing less than 80$ , which one would he recommend to me ?

I looked for a fs mini3/ibasso t3 but so far nada , so i may go for a PA2V2 as it is relatively cheap and has gotten good feedback here....
(or a cmoy is better ? hmmm so many choices...)

Quote:
You have noting to apologized for. I'll probably feel the same coming from RE-ZERO to RE262 on the first time. They are just two completely different sound and you definitely need time to get used to it (which is why I commented before that if you are looking for RE0 / RE-ZERO / RE252 type of sound, then RE262 will not fit what you are looking).

Dec 3, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #267 of 862
My JDS cMoyBB v2.02 review is here, if you are interested.

Dec 3, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #268 of 862
reading it as we speak
wink_face.gif

how is their synergy with the 262 ? have you tried them ? impressions ?

i was almost set on getting the pa2v2 (cheap,reliable,can recharge the 2 AA batteries easily etc) but i have a fear it's gonna be warm like the 262 and the synergy won't be good so i am on hold for now

(gary's feedback was excellent btw , really great guy...)

the T3D looks really nice but i haven't figured out yet its synergy with the 262 and at 135$.....dunno maybe save up and buy this one instead of a cmoy/pa2v2 ?

t3 or pa2v2 ? ....let;s wait and see where the wind blows

Quote:
My JDS cMoyBB v2.02 review is here, if you are interested.

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #269 of 862
RE262 and cMoyBB pair up pretty decent synergy wise, but the bass boost function doesn't really help the RE262 (not that it needs it anyway).

Dec 4, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #270 of 862
Nevermind , looks like i will go for a really good amp and buy the arrow

on another note , can you people share and tell how is the sound/stage changed depending on how/what stock tips you wear

for instance , me i think that worn behind the ears makes them sound airier and less bass-heavy....i prefer them from wearing them down front

Quote:
RE262 and cMoyBB pair up pretty decent synergy wise, but the bass boost function doesn't really help the RE262 (not that it needs it anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back