Hifiman RE262 Initial Impressions
Jan 8, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #856 of 862
my like-new re262 is up for sale

time to go to a new loving home, i have gathered too many iems.

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #857 of 862
Would Fiio X5 be an adequate source for the 262 or should I go for something more neutral like DX90? Appreciate any other feedback on source matching and amping as well.

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #858 of 862
Would Fiio X5 be an adequate source for the 262 or should I go for something more neutral like DX90? Appreciate any other feedback on source matching and amping as well.

this.

re262 has kinda rolled-off highs , and they need a decent/good amp to really shine.

without amp , they  are so-so

cheers

Oct 5, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #859 of 862

this.

re262 has kinda rolled-off highs , and they need a decent/good amp to really shine.

without amp , they  are so-so

cheers

I take it that DX90 would be the best bet to keep the highs extended as possible? Any balanced sources that would have enough driving power for them without coloring the phones too much? I got an HM-700 but I don't think it'll be strong enough power-wise although I don't find it's signature all that bad, most noticeable is more defined sub bass and better soundstage depth.

I don't actually have the 262 yet but it's on the way! Looking forward to those mids :)

Oct 5, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #861 of 862
  I take it that DX90 would be the best bet to keep the highs extended as possible? Any balanced sources that would have enough driving power for them without coloring the phones too much? I got an HM-700 but I don't think it'll be strong enough power-wise although I don't find it's signature all that bad, most noticeable is more defined sub bass and better soundstage depth.

I don't actually have the 262 yet but it's on the way! Looking forward to those mids :)

the dx90 has very good highs and is spacious without being too mids-in-your-face , so it coplements the 262 perfectly

plus it has a built-in amp to drive the 262

even better would be to get the re600 , for 140$ used are quite a bargain and they are 262 on steroids

262 are good , 600 are much better

cheers

Oct 5, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #862 of 862
Thanks for the tip I'll look more into the DX90 :)

I have the 600 actually lol. I love the bass and the soundstage has a nice 3D presentation but it is a touch on the dry side and the mids can get a bit shouty depending on the song. It works well with pretty much every genre though.

I just got excited and wanted to drown in the best mids ever, plus if I didn't grab it I might not ever get to hear it. Hoping it'll go great with my ambient collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back