HiFiMAN RE-ZERO Review
Jul 17, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #46 of 58
I have done 50hrs now and i am really starting to take a liking to the clarity and detail of the mids.
Bass is there when it is EQed and very detailed. I dont know if its changed that much since new, ive just become more accustomed to the sound signature.
Another 50 hrs and i will see what happens.

Jul 17, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #47 of 58
Mine sounded a bit tinny new, but don't sound so much that way now.  Other than that, I can't say that any changes are not just me adapting to their overall tonal balance.

Jul 17, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #48 of 58
I'll have to adjust to them over this weekend I guess. I won't have too much time with them since Tuesday I get my customs assuming no refits needed.

Is it just me or is the chin slider not very practical? It's pretty difficult to adjust it.

Jul 17, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #50 of 58
I ended up just making my own with some electrical tape. It's still a bit resistant but that may have to do with the material the cable is made up as it isn't very smooth. It's definitely less resistant than the stock slider so this will work better since I do use the slider quite often.

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #51 of 58
I was worried about the TRRS connector, and I was going to recable it if the connector becomes a nuisance, but.... It just worked without an adaptor on my Cowon S9!!!

...but not on any other music players... not even on my laptop..

I have two irivers and a samsung(yes, I am a Korean) and it did not work.. well, my main device was S9 and I'm just happy to listen to it without any hassle. Thanks, Cowon!

btw, SQ seems to be degraded when listening over the adaptor. I can't tell exactly, maybe I would have to do blind testing with the help of my friends

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #52 of 58
[size=10pt]I got excited to find out the connector works on the Cowon S9 without the adaptor. I have a Cowon J3 and thought there might be a good chance the connector would work on it too but sadly it did not. :frowning2:[/size]

[size=10pt]I'm thinking of finding a replacement IEM for my RE-ZERO because the adaptor and the L shaped plugs do bother me a bit.[/size]

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #54 of 58
this man had the answer

Quote:
yooss said:

I'm sorry to say I believe that the Balanced TRRS connector will not work on an i9(not confirmed, but I was planning to confirm it in a week, since I don't have the Zeros in my hand right now). I have been speculating why cowon supported the balanced plug even though nobody use it, and I think I have found a reason:

Korea has this thing called DMB(digital multimedia broadcasting), it's like TV on a portable device like the Cowon, iriver, Samsung players or many Samsung, LG phones. What I think what happened is that Cowon tried to figure out how to increase the sensitivity and make the design better, and found out using headphone cables as antenna is good for the design(as there is no antenna that sticks out of the player), and using TRRS connectors is good for better reception(I have no idea how a TRRS connector does that, but many posts in the Korean forums say that). Now Cowon is trying to add support for a TRRS plug, but they didn't need a remote or a microphone, so they just added support for the balanced TRRS plug.

Now there's an exception-Cowon J3, which has a DMB version but still does not support the balanced plug, and I believe that the development of better DMB chips has eliminated the need of the TRRS plug for better reception.

Now, back to the reason I don't believe the i9 doesn't support the plug: the i9 does not have a DMB enabled version in Korea, and Cowon had no reason whatsoever to include support for any kind of TRRS plug.

All this is just speculation, but I am pretty sure this is the reason. Any other ideas are welcome.

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #55 of 58
4 months after getting them , with RE-252/262 also around and these puppies do the trick.

Does anyone here where i can buy a shirt clip ? The one I had just broke and it was really convenient so i wanna buy 1-2 as a stock safety measure

Thanx !!!

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #56 of 58
Etymotic sells shirt clip for ER6i, which should fit RE-ZERO as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back