HiFiMAN RE-ZERO Review
Jul 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #16 of 58
so thats the adapter is comes with? i thought it was going to be a cable type adapter..... 

Jul 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #19 of 58

Quote:
Because RE0 is 64 ohm impedance, it can take advantage from amplifiers. Another words, RE-ZERO and RE0 sound quality is close if they were driven by amp. However, RE-ZERO is way better without amp.

personally,  maybe its the 1G shuffle i use but ive always found the RE-0 to still be excellent unamped if not quite as nuanced and detailed

Jul 3, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #20 of 58
In my memory, 1G shuffle is more powerful than many other players. Lower impedance is important to non-head-fier market. 70% customers (normally they are not head-fiers) who returned RE0 are complaining about "no bass" and "dry" when RE0 was directly driven by ipod without amp. So we decide to release RE-ZERO to solve this problem.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 3, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #21 of 58
It's a good initiative. However, if your main target audience was non-headfiers, I don't quite get why you made them balanced
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #22 of 58
Of course the main target audience is head-fiers. I believe "musical" is an important issue to divide hifi fan and average consumers. That is why RE-ZERO sound more musical than RE0.Balanced design is another important factor to make it more "headfi". However, getting trouble from non-head-fiers returning is a big problem. Hope RE-ZERO can be accepted in both headfi and non-head-fi market.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 3, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #26 of 58
Has anyone done a review of these using a balanced amp yet? It will be interesting to hear the difference between a regular amp and balanced. I know the few times I have heard headphones through balanced versus a regular amp there was definite difference in sound with the balanced units being cleaner and better in almost every way.

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #27 of 58
Just did some listening with RE-Zeros from my Rockboxed Clip, and I never heard the RE0s, but the RE-Zeros sounded excellent. I have to get my mini-review moving. They are very, very good, and mark has done an excellent job with them. To Nankai's point, I did boost the bass a little with RB to match my tastes, but in no way does it take away from the overall SQ. And I am not amping them with the Clip.

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #28 of 58
Do balanced amps have mini-plugs for HPs? I thought they had those larger four-pronged plugs. Nankai? Which balanced amps will be compatible with the RE-Zero? 

Quote:
Has anyone done a review of these using a balanced amp yet? It will be interesting to hear the difference between a regular amp and balanced. I know the few times I have heard headphones through balanced versus a regular amp there was definite difference in sound with the balanced units being cleaner and better in almost every way.

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #30 of 58
awww...it is a cable type adapter...and here i thought my decision between re0 and re-zero was decided...deng it.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back