HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV
Feb 8, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #16 of 40
I really liked the sound of the RE-272 but the ergonomics of the shells didn't quite work with my ears.  At $99, it should definitely be worth it to try the RE-400s.

AND:  The HE-6 are still on my short-list if the HD800's don't work out in the long run.

Go Dr. Fang, Go!!!!!!

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #18 of 40
Quote:
Can you explain on being sick?

Just a lot of functionality in it. I've been using anything from 256k up to FLAC on it (just to test it) and all formats sound pretty good.  The internal amp (even though stated there is something 'better' for multi-BA units on the way) drives my triple, quad and 5 driver customs pretty dang good direct out. Also handles the HE-300 dynamic driver and the HE-400 Planar driver units just fine.

Feb 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #22 of 40
So, jokes aside, I had a chance to listen to the production HM-901 today and I do take back my previous thoughts of what I heard with the May '12 and Oct '12 prototypes. This production version did grasp my attention but admittedly it's with their tracks, not mine. I tried with my Tralucent 1Plus2 earphones. It won't be fair to comment on the sound since it was so short and it wasn't my tracks.

But I can comment on the shell, and at least from memory this product does feel more robust than the early prototypes. Kudos to Dr. Bian on this product.

HM-901 amp board. Looks like an AD8397 on this one (Model's hands: Frenchbat) :-

Feb 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #25 of 40
y u no tell battery life?
if it's less than a dx100 i don't even wanna know how good it is. 

Feb 16, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #26 of 40
Quote:
I'm guessing the "top-secret" gear mentioned at the end of the video is their next flagship headphone.

I'd love any info or rumors on their next flagship. 
Can't find any info on this aside from a question on the hifiman service thread asking Eric about the new flagship and Eric replying "keep an eye on the website".
Is there any more info?

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #28 of 40
I'm looking forward to the HE-400.
However, the HM-901 is a little bit expensive.
I would like to know how an portable player cost that much.

It cost that much cuz it's awesome! Love my hm 601. Ill b getting a 901 for sure... Ill save up hard core for it! Still... Love hifi man lookibg forward to getting n he 400 soon

Feb 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #29 of 40
I'd love any info or rumors on their next flagship. 
Can't find any info on this aside from a question on the hifiman service thread asking Eric about the new flagship and Eric replying "keep an eye on the website".
Is there any more info?

The flagship Fang is referring to is the RE-600 in-ear at $399 MSRP U.S. It was slated to be released with RE-400 at CES but has been delayed. Hope to have it out this spring.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back