HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV
Feb 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40
 ​
NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

In this episode, HiFiMAN comes to Head-Fi HQ to talk about audio products, namely the RE-400 and the HM-901.

Products mentioned in the video:

1. HiFiMAN RE-400 Waterline in-ear headphones
  2. HiFiMAN HM-901 portable music player
  3. HiFiMAN HM-801 portable music player
  4. HiFiMAN HE-400 over-ear headphones
  5. HiFiMAN HE-500 over-ear headphones
  6. HiFiMAN HE-6 over-ear headphones

HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901, Head-Fi TV  produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 40
Rock & Roll!!

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #7 of 40
$999 and still customers have to suffer the indignation of forking out more cash in order to properly drive multi-BA CIEMs. This is exactly the same situation as with the 801. Shameful.

I've watched the 901, with great interest, for over a year, hoping that Fang wouldn't screw customers into paying extra just in order to use the 901 with multi-BA CIEMs (this is, after all, supposed to be a high-end portable player, for use with high-end portable ear monitors, is it not?). Sometimes I despair.

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #8 of 40
Man, I really like the design of the HM901. MUST GET ONE! I find Fang a really interesting guy, maybe its just because his English isn't that good, but I think he's really honest about his advertisements of the products.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #10 of 40
Quote:
$999 and still customers have to suffer the indignation of forking out more cash in order to properly drive multi-BA CIEMs. This is exactly the same situation as with the 801. Shameful.

I've watched the 901, with great interest, for over a year, hoping that Fang wouldn't screw customers into paying extra just in order to use the 901 with multi-BA CIEMs (this is, after all, supposed to be a high-end portable player, for use with high-end portable ear monitors, is it not?). Sometimes I despair.

Wow I didn't think they were gonna pull that again.... Guess I was wrong....

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #12 of 40
Quote:
Wow I didn't think they were gonna pull that again.... Guess I was wrong....

I wouldn't object if Fang offered several amp modules, with a customer having to choose their ideal module, at point of purchase, inclusive in the purchase price. I'd take no issue with that. But to claim it's $999 and then immediately force customers to pay more just in order to have it properly do something it should ALREADY, for $999, be capable of doing, is downright outrageous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back