1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901 - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Head-Fi Network & Industry News' started by jude, Feb 5, 2013.
2 3
Next

Last
  1.  ​
    NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

In this episode, HiFiMAN comes to Head-Fi HQ to talk about audio products, namely the RE-400 and the HM-901.

Products mentioned in the video:

1. HiFiMAN RE-400 Waterline in-ear headphones
    2. HiFiMAN HM-901 portable music player
    3. HiFiMAN HM-801 portable music player
    4. HiFiMAN HE-400 over-ear headphones
    5. HiFiMAN HE-500 over-ear headphones
    6. HiFiMAN HE-6 over-ear headphones

HiFiMAN RE-400 and HM-901, Head-Fi TV  produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

2. xutantuo
    Jez! Can't wait until March to try the HM901

3. p0wderh0und23
    The HM901 is pretty sick! Have a pre-prod unit I've been playing with. Tasty with the HE-400's and the RE-400's

4. xutantuo
    Can you explain on being sick?

5. customNuts
    Rock & Roll!!

6. Benjamin6264
    I'm guessing the "top-secret" gear mentioned at the end of the video is their next flagship headphone.

7. Mython Contributor
    $999 and still customers have to suffer the indignation of forking out more cash in order to properly drive multi-BA CIEMs. This is exactly the same situation as with the 801. Shameful.

I've watched the 901, with great interest, for over a year, hoping that Fang wouldn't screw customers into paying extra just in order to use the 901 with multi-BA CIEMs (this is, after all, supposed to be a high-end portable player, for use with high-end portable ear monitors, is it not?). Sometimes I despair.

temporaryname likes this.
  8. Golila3
    Man, I really like the design of the HM901. MUST GET ONE! I find Fang a really interesting guy, maybe its just because his English isn't that good, but I think he's really honest about his advertisements of the products.

9. asdfghjkzxcvbnm

10. lee730
    Quote:

Wow I didn't think they were gonna pull that again.... Guess I was wrong....

11. antberg
  12. Mython Contributor
    Quote:

I wouldn't object if Fang offered several amp modules, with a customer having to choose their ideal module, at point of purchase, inclusive in the purchase price. I'd take no issue with that. But to claim it's $999 and then immediately force customers to pay more just in order to have it properly do something it should ALREADY, for $999, be capable of doing, is downright outrageous.

13. spaark
    Jude: Why did you discontinue all of your current in-ears?
    Fang: Well, because I'm crazy!

Favourite bit :p

14. Lan647
    Skrmavbild2013-02-07kl.14.54.57.png

Deftone, Mad Max, kapanak and 13 others like this.
  15. MorbidToaster
    Is there more info on the 'docking station' yet? I'm interested...

2 3
Next

Last