Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Sep 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #1,937 of 3,507
I've heard good things about the Auvio's from Radio Shack.

Also, if you check out HifiMans site, they have a new set of silicon's for the 400's that were not available before.    It's the same set that's offered for the 600's.

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #1,938 of 3,507
For tips I couldn't get a good fit on any of the included ones so I used the grey biflange tips from meelec and they work great

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #1,939 of 3,507
I've heard good things about the Auvio's from Radio Shack.

Also, if you check out HifiMans site, they have a new set of silicon's for the 400's that were not available before.    It's the same set that's offered for the 600's.

Would you mind pointing these out -- otherwise it's unclear which tips you mean.

Thanks.

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #1,944 of 3,507
Yes, new RE400 come with all of the tips shown in the link posted above, plus two pairs of Comply T400 (1M/1L).

I'm not sure I totally like these... the vocals are too forward and seem generally louder than the rest of the music on some albums. I just got them today, so we'll see if they grow on me.

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #1,945 of 3,507
So just how good are the 400's?

I remember when i was getting into headphones the RE0's were the number one recommended iems to me and at $99 for a pair that supposedly sounded just as good as $200 headphones I bought them.

Certainly not bad but not mind blowing either, just good, they served their purpose for me, I did have issues with the build quality though.

Are these better than the RE0's? Would you say they are much better than their price tag implies?

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #1,946 of 3,507
So just how good are the 400's?

I remember when i was getting into headphones the RE0's were the number one recommended iems to me and at $99 for a pair that supposedly sounded just as good as $200 headphones I bought them.

Certainly not bad but not mind blowing either, just good, they served their purpose for me, I did have issues with the build quality though.

Are these better than the RE0's? Would you say they are much better than their price tag implies?

They have a warmer signature that is more musical than the RE0.  Regarding build quality, it's too early to tell how long they will hold up, my original pair has held up well since I got it, haven't run into any issues yet with it.  Others have stated otherwise recently.  The sound though, is really great for its price. 

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #1,947 of 3,507
They have a warmer signature that is more musical than the RE0.  Regarding build quality, it's too early to tell how long they will hold up, my original pair has held up well since I got it, haven't run into any issues yet with it.  Others have stated otherwise recently.  The sound though, is really great for its price. 
Are they bright? I like clarity above anything in iems.

Sep 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #1,948 of 3,507

They aren't as bright as the RE0s if that's the information you'd like.  The treble is more controlled, but strong enough in terms of brightness. 

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #1,950 of 3,507

I returned mine because the upper mids were too spiky for me. Vocals were grating on quite a few albums. Instrument separation, clarity, and detail were all great. The bass was a little weak for me. Just so you know where I'm coming from, HD600 is great in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back