Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 3, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #10,891 of 14,628
I've only had around 30 hours with the new he1000 stealth. Compared to the arya stealth they are quite similar. So far to my ears the arya stealth feels more spacious left to right in its sound stage but lacks the depth, pinpoint placement and imaging of the he1000. The arya stealth sounds like it has a little more air at the very top and also sounds a little smoother/soft throughout the frequency range. The he1000 stealth comes across as more dynamic and vivid through the whole range in comparison. Out of box the stage definately felt more closed in compared to the arya stealth but has been improving a little with use so Hopefully will come to match or surpass the arya stealth in width with further burn in. I've heard he1000 v2 briefly and i wasn't a huge fan due to lack of bass punch and dynamics compared to hifiman stealth magnet offerings. From memory i feel the new he1000 stealth definately sounds more like the arya stealth then it does the he1000v2.

Jan 3, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #10,892 of 14,628
I've only had around 30 hours with the new he1000 stealth. Compared to the arya stealth they are quite similar. So far to my ears the arya stealth feels more spacious left to right in its sound stage but lacks the depth, pinpoint placement and imaging of the he1000. The arya stealth sounds like it has a little more air at the very top and also sounds a little smoother/soft throughout the frequency range. The he1000 stealth comes across as more dynamic and vivid through the whole range in comparison. Out of box the stage definately felt more closed in compared to the arya stealth but has been improving a little with use so Hopefully will come to match or surpass the arya stealth in width with further burn in. I've heard he1000 v2 briefly and i wasn't a huge fan due to lack of bass punch and dynamics compared to hifiman stealth magnet offerings. From memory i feel the new he1000 stealth definately sounds more like the arya stealth then it does the he1000v2.
Very insightful comparisons. I’m getting a feeling the stealth magnets are improving the technical aspects of the HE1000 more so than altering the sound of it.

Jan 4, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #10,893 of 14,628
For me, the stealth magnets primarily stand for authenticity, realism and dynamic impact. Definitely a step in the right direction.

However, some people seem to miss a few effects that the Stealth magnets do not offer: the diffuse imaging of the sound.

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #10,895 of 14,628
Yes, the HE-1000 Stealth is simply stunning.
I can't stop raving about these headphones.

Yesterday's session with Chet was fascinating again.
Whether trumpet or piano, I have never heard these instruments reproduced so authentically!

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #10,897 of 14,628
Yes, exactly this question also concerns me.
I have already contacted a week ago with a dealer here, as well as the German distribution, which provides the Susvara.
The distributor was on vacation until today.
I hope that the Sus will arrive here soon.
For this day I will take a vacation.

Jan 5, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #10,898 of 14,628

So going off your impressions, the Arya has better stage width, smoother and airy, whereas the HE1000 has better imaging, depth and dynamics. Doesn't sound like an upgrade. Just a different taste.

I'm getting mine this weekend and doing a A/B against the Arya V2. I'll burn it in for 50+ hours before the comparison, but based on your post, I think I might prefer the soundstage and smoothness of the Arya.

Jan 5, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #10,899 of 14,628
I switched from the Arya V3 to the HE-1000 V2. For me, that was already a real upgrade. In my opinion, the V2 plays in a different league. The HE-1000 Stealth, on the other hand, goes one better.

Where I recently read from someone who prefers the Arya V2, over a Susvara.

Jan 5, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #10,900 of 14,628
Yeah I really like my Arya V2's so the HE1000 Stealth's are really going to have to knock my socks off. I'm only keeping one of the Hifiman's.

Jan 5, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #10,902 of 14,628
Does anyone know what the difference is between HE1000SE and HE1000 Stealth? A bit confused between the two.
Honestly I think no one really knows lol

The Stealth version is a V2 replacement, with lower pricing and low-cost packaging. We know that it sounds different from the V2, but no one has reported on how it sounds against the SE. The hardware should be identical, aside from the different color way.

Jan 5, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #10,904 of 14,628
I don't think anyone has ever made this comparison publicly.

Yesterday I noticed the following again: Vocals touch me emotionally little on the he-1000. No matter if V2 or Stealth. From that point of view, I really miss the Utopia.

Technically, the Stealth is perfect for me, but the discipline emotionality, goes to the Utopia...

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #10,905 of 14,628
Oh man, you have to hear these double bass!

Screenshot_20230105_174825_Neutron Player.jpg

Also the harmonica 🤫

(For the timber)
20230105_180536.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back