Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Dec 28, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #10,861 of 14,673
Yes, I am also already very excited.
I won't be at peace until I make this comparison.
Anyway, I will NOT compare the out of the box tonality, only the technical capabilities.
Both headphones will be adjusted
(mandatory for me) according to Oratory's settings.

Dec 30, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #10,862 of 14,673
Dec 30, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #10,863 of 14,673
IMG_4586-Bearbeitet.jpg

Nirvana makes so much noise here. Nevertheless, the Stealth clearly reproduces all instruments separately from each other.

Screenshot_20221230_195821_Neutron Player.jpg

PS. Once you put the thing on, you shouldn't plan much for the rest of the day, because experience shows that nothing comes of it.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #10,864 of 14,673
Dec 31, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #10,865 of 14,673
Yes well, the second user "Excelinho"
writes a few more words than just tighter bass.

When I enter it in the translator I get the following:
"The opinion of the sandman I do not share, the Stealth is yet a clear development. The new magnets suit the listener very well. It is easier to drive, so that the different volume is already a problem in the direct comparison. Therefore, I deliberately let the one times the other play quieter than the Headphone before.

What the HE1000v2 can do, the beautiful imaging of the room, the separation and staggering of the instruments, the Stealth also manages, of course. But if you listen to the bass on the v2, on the Stealth you have the feeling of being there as the bass player strikes his string. The drums are also present on the HE1000v2, but the Stealth manages to make the individual drums sound more real. It's as if you're standing right in front of the drum kit and are able to hear not only the snare drum, but also perceive the individual snares of the snare carpet. Also, the hi-hat just sounds like a hi-hat sounds when you experience it live.

I'm already very surprised that the bass and drums benefit greatly from the new Headphone.
Both instruments just sound more natural, more real, whereas I couldn't notice such a big difference in the guitar and vocals. Therefore, it probably depends mainly on the music how big the differences are perceptible...

I liked the Stealth much better. But whether I'd sell my HE1000v2 for the listener, I can't say. If I didn't have the HE1000v2, it would have been the Stealth."

I almost reinvent myself there.

In any case, respect to the gentleman who made his stealth available.
I can think of many reasons not to do it. People who bathe in aftershave. Or like to use heavily scented hair care products. Smokers. Etc.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #10,866 of 14,673
Dec 31, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #10,867 of 14,673
Yes well, the second user "Excelinho"
writes a few more words than just tighter bass.

But if you listen to the bass on the v2, on the Stealth you have the feeling of being there as the bass player strikes his string. The drums are also present on the HE1000v2, but the Stealth manages to make the individual drums sound more real. It's as if you're standing right in front of the drum kit and are able to hear not only the snare drum, but also perceive the individual snares of the snare carpet. Also, the hi-hat just sounds like a hi-hat sounds when you experience it live.

I'm already very surprised that the bass and drums benefit greatly from the new Headphone.
Which is just waxing poetic for tighter, more detailed bass. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #10,868 of 14,673
I am curious about this a/b to the Susvara...
There is nothing in the HEK range that is comapring to a Susvara. I have been through the Hek V2 and the HEk SE, they do things well, but what the Sus does is nowhere going to be close to any of these. I will get this too but from experience I can already tell this is not going to be a comparable element to a Susvara. The imaging, the staging, the mid range, the balance in tonality, the bass quality and layering, the amazing mid-range, none of the v2 or the SE ever came close to it, that is why I sold the V2 and the SE. It is a good hope that something will deliver close to what Sus does, because that would eliminate the need for a high range expensive chain, but it has been crickets so far.

Dec 31, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #10,869 of 14,673
There is no absolute agreement that the Susvara is totally superior.
Here in the forum there are several users who prefer the HE-1000 V2.

Also in the German "open end music" forum there is a user who had both, and sees the V2 in front. He liked especially the bass of the V2 more.

Probably next week I will have the opportunity to make an a/b comparison.
Of course with identical FR, as well as identical volume. I am curious.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #10,871 of 14,673
At this point I must again remind everyone that I used the V2, as well as the Stealth exclusively adjusted to Harman.
The tonality out of the box, would not be for me.
The HE-1000 would be much too bright for me.

Dec 31, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #10,872 of 14,673
Second round of V2/Stealth comparison from Terr0rSandman.
So his summary is,
"Dissects more, but conveys less emotion. And so that would be my short but crisp overall conclusion."

Got it thanks.

Dec 31, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #10,873 of 14,673
I must admit that vocals touched me the most on Utopia. By far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back