Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 13, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #1,922 of 14,670
I'm all for patience but we are closing in on four months now since the creation of this thread.

Manufacturers really need to stop this practice of advertising their upcoming products half a year in advance.

The early announcements are very stressful indeed ... dont know how people can handle that amazing pressure. If it's any consolation, many from the he1000/pm3/iggy/etc threads are affected by the same intense suffering.

Do not despair, there may be a cure for all that ... an amazing new method called "hearing yourself". Also, a serious slapping from a good friend has been often proven very effective too. Unfortunately not everyone has such good friends. And btw, *that* is a true problem.

Mar 13, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #1,923 of 14,670
The early announcements are very stressful indeed ... dont know how people can handle that amazing pressure. If it's any consolation, many from the he1000/pm3/iggy/etc threads are affected by the same intense suffering.

Do not despair, there may be a cure for all that ... an amazing new method called "hearing yourself".  Also, a serious slapping from a good friend has been often proven very effective too. Unfortunately not everyone has such good friends. And btw, *that* is a true problem.

That was very funny, especially since I've had a similar encounter with some friends of mine =)) He described it as "first world problems" =)))

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #1,924 of 14,670
... Do not despair, there may be a cure for all that ... an amazing new method called "hearing yourself". Also, a serious slapping from a good friend has been often proven very effective too. Unfortunately not everyone has such good friends. And btw, *that* is a true problem.

LOL, especially true in this case
wink.gif

That was very funny, especially since I've had a similar encounter with some friends of mine =)) He described it as "first world problems" =)))

+1, exactely my thoughts

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #1,926 of 14,670
Not any more.

The early ones (HE-5) fell apart if you looked at them the wrong way.
i have a he5...well sort of, as its modded and upgraded beyond recognision, but basically its still a rare original he5.

it has been used daily for hrs a day since last year january and not one problem except that one clip on one pad cicked off, but it was a click in job to solve that...for the rest..perfect. But as i said its nowhere standard what i have: the Code-X

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #1,927 of 14,670
Does anyone have any feedback on what these were like in person (build wise) ?

I had my first experience the other week with Hifiman (560 mostly) - and although they sounded very nice, the build quality was borderline laughable.

From what I've seen from many pictures of the he-1000 the quality again seems a little cheap.

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #1,928 of 14,670

I had my first experience the other week with Hifiman (560 mostly) - and although they sounded very nice, the build quality was borderline laughable.

From what I've seen from many pictures of the he-1000 the quality again seems a little cheap.

Go to the Audeze thread, you will be happy to know you own a HFM can(if you have any)

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #1,930 of 14,670
i have a he5...well sort of, as its modded and upgraded beyond recognision, but basically its still a rare original he5.

it has been used daily for hrs a day since last year january and not one problem except that one clip on one pad cicked off, but it was a click in job to solve that...for the rest..perfect. But as i said its nowhere standard what i have: the Code-X

Yes, that does not really count :wink:

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #1,931 of 14,670

Do not despair, there may be a cure for all that ... an amazing new method called "hearing yourself". Also, a serious slapping from a good friend has been often proven very effective too. Unfortunately not everyone has such good friends. And btw, *that* is a true problem.

You assume way too much.  I'm not stressed in the slightest about the release date.  I was simply stating that I find it ridiculous how manufacturers, specifically in the headphone industry, like to get that hype train rolling as early as possible on their new products.  It's a trend that has developed over the last couple of years.  You really don't see this kind of thing in other markets except for possibly the auto industry.

Your wannabe witty pseudo-intellectual retort was so pro though.  You should try taking your own advice.

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #1,932 of 14,670

You assume way too much.  I'm not stressed in the slightest about the release date.  I was simply stating that I find it ridiculous how manufacturers, specifically in the headphone industry, like to get that hype train rolling as early as possible on their new products.  It's a trend that has developed over the last couple of years.  You really don't see this kind of thing in other markets except for possibly the auto industry.

Your wannabe witty pseudo-intellectual retort was so pro though.  You should try taking your own advice.

Interesting.  I'm having trouble thinking of a manufacturer in the technical vertical that doesn't release product information months/years in advance of the actual consumer release.

The term "vaporware" is nothing new.  Used to laugh about it all the time at COMDEX in the 90s - so many promises about future products.

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #1,933 of 14,670

i got my hands on the he1000 protoype and the build quality was very nice. wood, aluminium, leather... all very solid. definitely a huge step up from the he560, which feels flimsy and cheap in comparison (though i prsonally thought the he560s BQ was fine)

edit: dr. fang stated he was going to even further upgrade the materials used

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #1,934 of 14,670

Hype is quite the same everywhere nowadays. And I prolly dislike it same as much as you. But the msg I responded to was not about hype ... and since I cannot read your thoughts I can only comment about what you write.
Anyway, peace and good sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back