Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 11, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #1,906 of 14,627
Hopefully we won't have to go through something similar to the last six years again so soon. If we do, I make a prediction now for the next sub-prime bubble... loans to households that can't afford these ridiculously higher and higher priced headphones, dacs, amps, and not to be forgotten, accessories!

It sounds like your almost describing a audiophile loan shark lol. But I can see some bank giving out loans for such audiophile luxuries.

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #1,907 of 14,627
Remember around the early 90's, there were "DIGITAL READY" headphones (by the likes of Sony, Panasonic, JVC)?

Now we have "NOT READY" headphones
biggrin.gif
k701smile.gif
tongue.gif

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #1,912 of 14,627
 Are there any build quality/ reliability issues with Hifiman headphones?

Only with the HE1000 because they aren't building enough of them fast enough to rellease them on to the expectational audiophile public.

Mar 12, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #1,913 of 14,627

e.g. the sub prime car loans bubble ...?
In 2008/09 it was the sub prime mortgage bubble. I'm not sure about the total value this time, it might be much lower by absolute value but technically the exact same thing. Consumers who can't really afford to buy something (now: new car) will get pushed into a credit by a banker who earns commission on that loan independently from the fact that the loan will never be paid back in full. And derivatives package these loans into further securities that leverage the "value".

I guess it is high time for some credible information to emerge from HiFiMan, otherwise this will be the most off off topic thread ever
biggrin.gif

Its much more Interesting than that (at least the way I see it), but it could derail the thread too much :D.

Point being that the prices might have heavy shifts if it all goes crazy for people living out of the US, EU and Japan.

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #1,916 of 14,627

I'm all for patience but we are closing in on four months now since the creation of this thread.

Manufacturers really need to stop this practice of advertising their upcoming products half a year in advance.

They said early-summer release, so barring any big QC issue, things are probably on track.

And isn't there a big head-fi meetup later this month where Fang will showcase a newer (potentially production-standards) prototype?

This is sort of like how video game companies do things, announce the game early so people hype up, then just hold it all in until a big convention (like E3 or GDC or PAX) and then announce everything at once.

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #1,917 of 14,627
  They said early-summer release, so barring any big QC issue, things are probably on track.

And isn't there a big head-fi meetup later this month where Fang will showcase a newer (potentially production-standards) prototype?

This is sort of like how video game companies do things, announce the game early so people hype up, then just hold it all in until a big convention (like E3 or GDC or PAX) and then announce everything at once.

in NYC at stereo exchange on March 19th I believe.

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #1,919 of 14,627
I'm all for patience but we are closing in on four months now since the creation of this thread.

Manufacturers really need to stop this practice of advertising their upcoming products half a year in advance.

it's common for hi fi manufacturers to preview their products well in advance of release. i don't have a problem with it.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #1,920 of 14,627
Are there any build quality/ reliability issues with Hifiman headphones?

Not any more.

The early ones (HE-5) fell apart if you looked at them the wrong way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back